GDT: Game #3|Sun., Oct. 6, 2013|Flyers at Hurricanes |5:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShaneTrain

Mar 21, 2010
East Greenville
Why is that bad? Rinaldo has been playing A LOT better than Talbot so far. Schenn can provide some offense with Coots.

based on what? schenn has been invisible for all but the first 10 minutes of the leafs game, while playing on girouxs wing nonetheless. I hardly think he's the key to getting couturier's offense off the ground. rinaldo on the other hand appears to be one of a handful that actually seem to care right now, bumping him up is fine with me

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Referees: Rob Martell and Don Van Massenhoven.

Starters: Hartnell Giroux Voracek, Coburn Timonen Mason.

Official scratches: Gill, Rosehill, Gustafsson.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
At least we know Rinaldo will give it his all and create some room for them. Dump it in his corner and let him chase the D-man. Maybe his emotion will catch on.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Because Rinaldo is good at what he does, stirring the pot and hitting, but he's not someone who can produce offensively. Especially when putting him with two young players who are struggling to live up to their offensive potential.

But to be fair, it's not like Rinaldo has been given a scoring role... or any role outside of the 4th line. A lot of these guys can still play at a high level, it's why they're here. It's not like these guys are Stiffler in "The Goon". I'm excited to see this line play today. Rinaldo might wake Couts and Schenn up.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Because Rinaldo is good at what he does, stirring the pot and hitting, but he's not someone who can produce offensively. Especially when putting him with two young players who are struggling to live up to their offensive potential.

It still leaves a black hole offensively on the 3rd line.

So assuming the top 6 stays the same, who would you rather have out there that is on the roster right now? Hall? Newbury? Talbot? Rosehill? There's nobody. Unless you want to weaken the top 6 just to try to get 1 player going.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
But to be fair, it's not like Rinaldo has been given a scoring role... or any role outside of the 4th line. A lot of these guys can still play at a high level, it's why they're here. It's not like these guys are Stiffler in "The Goon". I'm excited to see this line play today. Rinaldo might wake Couts and Schenn up.

Rinaldo HAS been given chances. It's like saying Jody Shelly was never given a chance. Or Jay Rosehill.

Dont get me wrong, Rinaldo is good at what he does, but he IS NOT a goalscorer... and it's not fair on him for people to expect that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He hasn't been given a scoring role because he's not an offensive player. There's no reason to put him in a scoring role when you have people on the team specifically for that. Same as you're not going to put Giroux in a role to stir things up and hit/fight people.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Rinaldo is a far better choice then Talbot on the third line at this point in time but it's ridiculous to believe he can or will ever be a scorer.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Rinaldo HAS been given chances. It's like saying Jody Shelly was never given a chance. Or Jay Rosehill.

Dont get me wrong, Rinaldo is good at what he does, but he IS NOT a goalscorer... and it's not fair on him for people to expect that.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a goal scorer. He's on the 3rd line because he's earned it. Like I said before, find someone else on the roster right now who you want there.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a goal scorer. He's on the 3rd line because he's earned it. Like I said before, find someone else on the roster right now who you want there.

And thats fine. Just hope its not for long periods of time. If not overall the 3rd line is kind of useless. Not the best defensively or offensively.

Question, since when is the 3rd line RW spot meant for a player who can provide offense?

When the only way your teams scores is when they go 3 lines deep in scoring.

Some people are STILL trying to run with the two scoring, one shutdown and 1 energy line. Most teams dont do this anymore in the new NHL. You need multiple lines that can score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->