GDT: Game #3 | St. Louis Blues vs Calgary Flames | "Team Defense gone Missing Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Not to be Debbie Downer tonight but I thought Jake looked sloppy again. First goal he looked like a beer league keeper getting worked over. Second goal he struggled again finding a puck in a little traffic. Third goal was just bad luck. Had help from a couple posts.

I think the announcers were really pushing the Jake was great narrative.

That said it’s good to have a win. Hopefully something we can build on so we can go up to Chicago and beat some ass like we should’ve on Saturday.

Reactions: Bendak

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Can't speak O'Reilly's praises enough. He's in the middle of everything. He's Stastny on steroids. As long as he doesn't disappear for weeks I'm sold. I went to buy his jersey Saturday but they don't have them yet.

I've been really impressed. And really impressed with how comfortable Vladdy looks with him. O'Reilly has a more cerebral mentality that Vladdy seems to read off of better than he does the chaotic cycles that Schwartz/Schenn and even Stastny fall into. It's pulling coverage off of him (this early in the season) more than I remember at any point last season. He's had a startling amount of time & space across the last two games.

Reactions: Bendak and TruBlu

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not to be Debbie Downer tonight but I thought Jake looked sloppy again. First goal he looked like a beer league keeper getting worked over. Second goal he struggled again finding a puck in a little traffic. Third goal was just bad luck. Had help from a couple posts.

I think the announcers were really pushing the Jake was great narrative.

That said it’s good to have a win. Hopefully something we can build on so we can go up to Chicago and beat some ass like we should’ve on Saturday.
I missed the 1st goal, but I disagree with him looking sloppy he played well tonight. Bortuzzo dropped down right in front of him as the shot was taken. You cant left guys rip 1 timers from that spot, that's far post cheese all day. You cant have a guy THAT open 5 on 5.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
Is the extent of YOUR contribution to the board going to be correcting everyone's use of the plural first-person to describe the team? Or do you think eventually YOU may have something of value to add? Just curious.
Yes, I have something of value to add.

They is 3rd person plural, not first.

But this is not a critique of grammar; it is a commentary on how we fans bandwagon the positives while externally blaming the negatives.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The edgelord who thinks opinions don't matter in October hasn't figured out they don't matter the rest of the year and this board is nothing but them.

Plz count for me the number of replies after the game ended tonight compared to last week’s games, and the number of dead threads resurrected, and the number of entries to other threads complaining about something. Most people just want to complain about something, and they no longer have any idea how to root for something after years of conditioning by things like Barstool and Gametime telling them that everything sucks and the easiest target is to blame. No specific or especially honest insight, just whining and moaning, moaning and whining, over and over again. This team can’t play for its city because it’s city hates them no matter what. It’s stupid, unreasonable, and embarrassing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Plz count for me the number of replies after the game ended tonight compared to last week’s games, and the number of dead threads resurrected, and the number of entries to other threads complaining about something. Most people just want to complain about something, and they no longer have any idea how to root for something after years of conditioning by things like Barstool and Gametime telling them that everything sucks and the easiest target is to blame. No specific or especially honest insight, just whining and moaning, moaning and whining, over and over again. This team can’t play for its city because it’s city hates them no matter what. It’s stupid, unreasonable, and embarrassing.
Keep charging those Windmills, Don.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The difference between a Stanley Cup team and this one is that they keep the foot on the gas. Look at Washington. They won President's trophy after president's trophy and came up short when it mattered. They learned from it. I hope we can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad