GDT: Game #3 | St. Louis Blues vs Calgary Flames | "Team Defense gone Missing Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ks0fdW1.jpg

WOTkAhT.jpg

7hM3kqg.jpg

H7qrLrk.jpg

68l60tr.jpg

jwpARns.jpg

yDiVyhi.jpg

NFMgU7v.jpg

ihPPtEO.jpg

aCFHyMQ.jpg

AWrCIkc.jpg

LnXXzWr.jpg

wqtxqqi.jpg

TGHNYLy.jpg

HSl7Wnt.jpg

7SrQXBI.jpg

8sNZeQy.jpg

HvQAC6M.jpg

2iBsJnY.jpg

zxT84v1.jpg

YPymRm9.jpg

r1CulXJ.jpg

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Talk about a heck of an interesting game for the 3rd game of the season.

If the Blues drop the first 3 at home, things will be tense.

Reactions: Bendak

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It's all good guys, Jakub"needs to get in a game"Jerebek is here to replace Dunn.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Not that I blame anyone -as I obviously share the sentiment- but it’s remarkable how quickly this team has ruined all the goodwill they built up over the offseason.
Awesome GDT once agian.

I think the goodwill is still there. DA raised expectations so of course we expect better.

The problem is the crappy goaltending, bad defense, questionable powerplay configurations and sporadotic offense are also all still here as well.

If Yeo can get the team playing like they did at the beginning of last season. We had a dynamic Defense that was always moving up on the plays helping create relentless offensive pressure.

I’m sure we will be fine but I’m starting to think Yeo lost the room last year and the teams play towards the end had as much to do with that as it did with Jakes goaltending.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Awesome GDT once agian.

I think the goodwill is still there. DA raised expectations so of course we expect better.

The problem is the crappy goaltending, bad defense, questionable powerplay configurations and sporadotic offense are also all still here as well.

If Yeo can get the team playing like they did at the beginning of last season. We had a dynamic Defense that was always moving up on the plays helping create relentless offensive pressure.

I’m sure we will be fine but I’m starting to think Yeo lost the room last year and the teams play towards the end had as much to do with that as it did with Jakes goaltending.

I agree this team should be good, the problem is I have dwindling faith Yeo can get them back to playing at a high level consistently. And the longer he’s here, the tougher this season will be.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we get smoked again, does Yeo survive?

If we do look bad, we'll need to make a Yeo countdown thread.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
If we get smoked again, does Yeo survive?

If we do look bad, we'll need to make a Yeo countdown thread.

I would hope if we look like we have in the last few games Yeo would be but I don't see it.. Management seems to think he is the guy.. I don't see it. IMO the PP should be soooo much better I get it players need time to gel but if they don't start playing the kids more why keep them up.. they need a chance plain and simple. and I have no idea why they are sitting Dunn he is not the only one that has looked bad the first two games...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Payne was fired 13 games into the season with a 6-7 record, and we never lost more than 2 in a row. We have some tough games coming up @Chicago, vsAnaheim, @Toronto, @winnipeg, vsColumbus, vsChicago, and that's all in October. vsCalgary and @montreal are the other October games. I'm expecting a losing record out of October. Yeo might not make it through the month.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I have Smith, Bobrovsky, and Allen in my fantasy league. I'm starting Smith and Bob. If the Blues hang a big number on Smith and still lose I'm going to be extra pissed.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
I have Smith, Bobrovsky, and Allen in my fantasy league. I'm starting Smith and Bob. If the Blues hang a big number on Smith and still lose I'm going to be extra pissed.

I may not start Smith.. I think the Blues will come out with a fire under there 4th point of contact to start the game, if the Flames can withstand it then I think they take this one unless the D finally steps up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->