GDT: Game 3: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/18/21 9:00pm EST TSN2, SNW, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Edm will be ready, so we need the play exactly like we did last time... oh and Nurse ;)

Nurse manhandled several of our guys around the boards and followed up with a lot of after the whistle shots around the net. I'm sure our behemoths have taken good note. He needs to be kept honest.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Too few games played to brag about the PP or whine about the PK. Will revisit in 10 games. Play like Saturday and we got this. KK will pot his first.

GO :habs GO

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Blues fans here, luv the way this team is built this year. 4 lines that can do it all, great mix of speed, skill smarts with some size and physicality, your D-core if healthy is built for playoff hockey and obviously Carey is Carey with a solid backup.

you guys are my dark horse cup contenders that I believe people are sleeping on.

How did you like Eddy when he was in St. Louis?

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
As a side note game is also broadcast on RDS for the first time in like 10 months. I hate TVA Sports. Good to have Houde and Denis back. I often watch in English depending on the crew the Habs get but it's good to have options.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Edmonton still hasn't addressed their goaltending needs. Guys like Jake Allen were available until MB snagged him up. No way they believed Koskinen and Smith were good enough
He tried very hard for Markstrom in the FA but lost him in the bottom of the 9th

Reactions: Tyson

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Nurse manhandled several of our guys around the boards and followed up with a lot of after the whistle shots around the net. I'm sure our behemoths have taken good note. He needs to be kept honest.

He did his job perfectly in that respect and that's how I would like to see most of the Habs D play.

Also, no agents of Habs players tweeted about Nurse's play after the game. :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He did his job perfectly in that respect and that's how I would like to see most of the Habs D play.

Also, no agents of Habs players tweeted about Nurse's play after the game. :D

He did his job except on that Gallagher hit where he landed with his forehead/face against the glass. Gallagher took exception to it and penalty was called on the play. No need for hits when a player is in a vulnerable position.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
wait till I have a few drinks and I’ll get back to ya

in all seriousness, I can see u guys taking a run at PLD. He would look really good on your team. What would you give up?

We have an ongoing thread, already at Part 2. Using KK as a centerpiece appears to be the majority view. There are several variations as to who else to add.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too few games played to brag about the PP or whine about the PK. Will revisit in 10 games. Play like Saturday and we got this. KK will pot his first.

GO :habs GO

I agree except for faceoffs -- I don't know how they improve their ratio with so few games off between games.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We have an ongoing thread, already at Part 2. Using KK as a centerpiece appears to be the majority view. There are several variations as to who else to add.
Yes, I have read a few stories. CBJ wants Suzuki and Montreal won’t part with him

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
i was a little surprised to see Danault leading the team in both 5 on 5 and overall ice time among forwards.
Only by 11 seconds per game over Suzuki. But this is understandable because we've been shorthanded 7 times and only had 5 power plays. It this was reversed then Suzuki would be ahead of Danault.

Reactions: 26Mats

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price confirmed? Guess Allen is going to get one of the Nucks games. Thought maybe they were going to go 2/3 and 1/3 split, meaning Allen gets to play more than just back to backs.

I'd have gone:

Price - TOR
Price - EDM
Allen - EDM
Price - VAN
Allen - VAN
Price - VAN
Price - CGY
Price - CGY
Allen - VAN

6 for Price
3 for Allen

We need to secure early points. We’re about to play a team coming in playing their 4th game in 6 nights. Price is still fresh. No risk starting him over a backup we’ve haven’t seen play for us yet. Allen’s start in one of the Vancouver games will begin giving Julien an idea on how much he can actually rely on Allen to take extra games moving forward.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We need to secure early points. We’re about to play a team coming in playing their 4th game in 6 nights. Price is still fresh. No risk starting him over a backup we’ve haven’t seen play for us yet. Allen’s start in one of the Vancouver games will begin giving Julien an idea on how much he can actually rely on Allen to take extra games moving forward.

Every game counts, there are no discounted points just because it's a game happening early in the season.

Price had his day of rest between the two games. I'd go with him 100% and then use Allen to spell Price on back to backs.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I am looking forward to tonight's game. As many have mentioned, I expect the Oilers to have more energy than they did in the last game. I think if the Habs pick up where they left off that they should come out on top. They need to keep the forecheck going, it was causing Edmonton fits last game.

I also hope that Price is playing, I don't see why they would play Allen. Its too early for Price to be tired and its not like they have a game tomorrow. These games are worth the same amount of points as the games in April, they need to take them seriously.

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The legends return tonight after 10 months.

n8q2l4jxd4c61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad