GDT: Game 3 | Columbus vs. Colorado | 10/9 7PM

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If that was Ryan Murray what would be said.....
Well, Wennberg has only played 1 season with more than 69 games played.

68, 69, 80, 66.

Wennberg has more GP than Murray and was drafted a year after Murray and then spent another year in Sweden after his draft.

Dubois!

That pass by Foligno though!

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Even if all things remained the same from last season, having an improved PP would make big difference. Glad to see the improved containment and shot quality. The goal helps a bit too

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wennberg killed the powerplay there.... perfect example teams playing passing lane
:eyeroll: I'm curious as to what shot opportunity you saw there, with nobody screening and nobody near to pick up a rebound unless you count two penalty killers.

I wonder how many powerplays Panarin has "killed" with similar judgment calls.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know he isn’t an elite player (obviously) but, Riley Nash has been beyond underwhelming so far this season. He’s been bad bad.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
:eyeroll: I'm curious as to what shot opportunity you saw there, with nobody screening and nobody near to pick up a rebound unless you count two penalty killers.

I wonder how many powerplays Panarin has "killed" with similar judgment calls.
The one where he got the pass on the wing , no defender up on him , failed to shoot, tried to pass back , and the defender intercepted , and cleared the zone . Not real hard to see, the defender sagged off him, played pass

Reactions: thebus88

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Nash has been the worst center of this team over wennberg for sure and Jenner seem to be taking all the faceoff this game for that line

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The one where he got the pass on the wing , no defender up on him , failed to shoot, tried to pass back , and the defender intercepted , and cleared the zone . Not real hard to see, the defender sagged off him, played pass
Well, since no passes are allowed, I guess that means you would have preferred a blocked shot, since there was a defender on his knees in the shooting lane - and a block off that guy would have gone straight to either the defender boxing out Duclair or the guy who ultimately got the stick check in.

Your logical fallacy is the texas sharpshooter

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
By this means of assessing what's important with playing defense, Jack Johnson was the greatest blueliner in Jackets history.

The kid's got decent positional instincts, and he's better with the puck than some other guys on this blueline I could mention. What makes him look g-dawful is that when he screws up (and it's inevitable, because kids screw up), he's not able to recover rapidly because, as noted, he's a relatively poor skater. That reminds me a heck of a lot of another young defenseman that this board had largely given up on; he's now our regular #2RD. (EDIT: Indeed, that's part of why I'd rather have Clendening with him - Clendening is a natural RD so neither Carlsson nor his partner is out of their natural position, and Clendening's IMO mobile enough to cover for such goofs.)

I'm not saying play him every game, but this aversion to him getting any NHL time is way over the top IMO.

-Skating/mobility is only 1 aspect of the game. It is something that wont simply make you an NHL player by being good at it, BUT it is something that WILL simply make you NOT an NHL player by being BAD at it.

-No please, go ahead and name the guys on the blue line "he's better with the puck than". You cant.

-Savard won the QMJHL offensive defenseman and CHL defenseman of the year award and put up pretty good OFFENSIVE numbers to start his pro career. He's now mainly a "defensive minded" defenseman because of how the CBJ are/have been built. He's been MUCH better than Carlsson AT ALL TIMES and underappreciated for almost his entire time on the CBJ. Or are you talking about Nutivaara, who before the current "hyping" was laughed off as a legit NHL prospect 2-3 years ago. Again, Nutivaara is NOTHING like Carlsson, and should be a PERFECT example that you guys should completely forget Carlsson's "draft pedigree".

Along with all the BS that been thrown Murray's way, maybe its time to acknowledge how WRONG "HF consensus" is MUCH of the time.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not sure there was a dry eye in the arena for that Calvert tribute video... mine weren’t

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Along with all the BS that been thrown Murray's way, maybe its time to acknowledge how WRONG "HF consensus" is MUCH of the time.

Ain't that why you guys all on an online forum and not having a GM job in the NHL

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Well, since no passes are allowed, I guess that means you would have preferred a blocked shot, since there was a defender on his knees in the shooting lane - and a block off that guy would have gone straight to either the defender boxing out Duclair or the guy who ultimately got the stick check in.

Your logical fallacy is the texas sharpshooter
Actually there wasn’t, I just went back and watched again,wide open lane to shoot on goalie , 4 min 29 seconds left in period. He had much better chance with shot , rather than passing to the defender who was playing the passing lane back across middle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad