GDT: Game 3 | Columbus vs. Colorado | 10/9 7PM

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Only saw the 3rd period. Sounds like Foligno, Wennberg, Nutivaara, and Declair all had good games. Anyone else? I assume Calvert got a tribute video. Hopefully he got a loud ovation.
Loudest and longest I’ve ever heard at Nationwide.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Ryan Murray was right up there with the 4 you mentioned, just as deserving of a star. All the D were at least solid.

The top-line didn't have a great game as a group, the 4th line messed up on the Mackinnon goal, the 3rd line wasn't as dominant.
I agree about the top line but only to add that I do think Panarin's goal turned things around. While the Jackets were doing well in terms of shots, chances, and possession if Panarin puts his shot into Grubauer's chest protector this is a very different game.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree about the top line but only to add that I do think Panarin's goal turned things around. While the Jackets were doing well in terms of shots, chances, and possession if Panarin puts his shot into Grubauer's chest protector this is a very different game.

For sure, it was pivotal. I just think those three didn't control play as a group the way we know they can. This is still early-season Panarin, too. He always seems to take a while to heat up. His passes are not on the mark yet.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
That makes you the Jeff Rimer of 'HF CBJ', congrats.

2dm5xxh.jpg

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
That Kentucky Bourbon!!! hahaha

NO.

ROAK Brewing Co. Devil Dog French Toast Oatmeal Stout with a dash of Sativa.

And, the fact that I live in Michigan and have like 10 hockey knowledgeable people I can converse with in regards to the CBJ.

And, the fact that your boy Rimer absolutely does a HUGE disservice to me enjoying CB hockey games, and 100% affects the number of people I am "able" to legitimately talk CBJ hockey on here, as your "Kentucky Bourbon!!" comment quite literally proves.

Did anybody other than myself and 'Bobcat' see that pass that Murray made!?! Or understand HOW NICE of a pass it actually was?

NO, because FSO spent the next replays "hyping up" a very average pass from Nutivaara and a NOTHING PLAY by Wennberg.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Did anybody other than myself and 'Bobcat' see that pass that Murray made!?! Or understand HOW NICE of a pass it actually was?

NO, because FSO spent the next replays "hyping up" a very average pass from Nutivaara and a NOTHING PLAY by Wennberg.

I was in Section 106 about 10 rows up. It was a very nice pass.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hey uh...why does the NHL app say Bobrovsky scored a goal? Is this for real orrr

Edit: nevermind they fixed it lol
They are blowing tonight, just showed 5:5 in your game with Seguin goal, when it's 6:4 and Tavares scored. Looks like ESPN runs that scoreboard. :)

Reactions: Kcb12345

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

The goal to put the team up 3-2 halfway through the 3rd period..... "turned things around"?

You don't say.

What do you think about the secondary assist on that Panarin goal?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Missed the first 2 goals as I was experiencing electronic ticket issues

MacKinnon is a stud. Might be the best forward in the league save for McDavid. If there was a non proxy possession measurement he would have dominated that measure by a ridiculous amount tonight. It seemed like the puck was on his stick almost every second he was on the ice.

Didn't seem like a 5-2 game to me.

They should have had me in the booth tonite with Rimer. I had a root canal and some other dental torture so my mouth was so nummed up that my slurring would have created a good rythum with Rimers stumbling

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I saw it, it was another gem of a pass from Murray. I'd just rather not waste time relitigating everything FSO chooses to talk about. That's their business. How about them Blue Jackets?

Reactions: Viqsi

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The goal to put the team up 3-2 halfway through the 3rd period..... "turned things around"?

You don't say.

What do you think about the secondary assist on that Panarin goal?

Asking for a friend.
It was good as was Nutivaara's primary assist. But plenty of times we see players given prime chances only to squander them. Panarin didn't, he went top shelf. Hence, it being pivotol.

As @Cyclones Rock said, if you just looked at the stat sheet you wouldn't think it was a close game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
NO.

ROAK Brewing Co. Devil Dog French Toast Oatmeal Stout with a dash of Sativa.

And, the fact that I live in Michigan and have like 10 hockey knowledgeable people I can converse with in regards to the CBJ.

And, the fact that your boy Rimer absolutely does a HUGE disservice to me enjoying CB hockey games, and 100% affects the number of people I am "able" to legitimately talk CBJ hockey on here, as your "Kentucky Bourbon!!" comment quite literally proves.

I saw it and was very impressed. But you were already bringing attention to it, so I figured I didn't have to.

Then you had to go and turn it into a Murray versus Nutivaara thing.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I got tired of giving Wennberg sh*t for the way he played in the 2nd. So I was determined to only think, say and yell nice and supportive things to him in the 3rd. Go figure! If I have to do this all season, by gawd, I will.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We always have to fight about something here, and today its about not loving Ryan Murray's secondary assist.

Alright then.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I just reviewed the 3rd CBJ goal.

Murray's assist was in the top 50 of all CBJ secondary assists which have occurred in the first 3 games of a season at a home game. They'll be talking about it for years.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bjorkstrand had 12 minutes of ice time and 4:25 of that was on the powerplay according to NHL.com

Something isn't working with us and this guy. Torts needs to find a way to utilize him more. He is such an important piece for our future, at least IMO, especially when Panarin walks/gets traded. Nothing to take away from Anderson or Duclair, because they have both been very good in the early goings, but Bjorkstrand has a higher offensive ceiling than both and we haven't done a good job as a team in getting it out of him. He shows flashes, mostly last year as he has been invisible, but nothing ever sticks.

Brief mention of Milano, because I know he I am like one of 2 or 3 who still support the kid, but he's in the same boat. 9 minutes of ice time. Yes I am aware of his turnover.

Torts even acknowledged in his post game presser that they didn't play bad, just he has been comfortable with his other three lines so they got lost in the shuffle. I don't like that. It's one thing for Lukas Sedlak, but these are two very important young players (or, if you're going to be critical, one) being stuck on the bench for not even playing bad. This doesn't help them get any better, and if they have no future here it doesn't help their trade value.

I'm not even sure what I'd do. Like I said, Panarin, Atkinson, Anderson, and Duclair are deserving of their minutes for the offense they bring. Foligno had a good game. Jenner is valuable for the other things he brings to the table. It's a peculiar position for the team, and I just hope Bjorkstrand can get himself in order because we will really really need him. Like I said, I don't even know what I'd do, I guess I'm just ranting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad