GDT: Game 3 - CBJ (0-2-0) vs BUF (2-0-0) - October 7, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If you take that away, and take away the captaincy, is he really worth the contract? Absolutely not.
And there it is. He's overpaid, therefore he must be on the chopping block, therefore he can't be allowed to be the captain because that will get in the way of his being on the chopping block. It's an angle I confess I hadn't previously considered, mostly because I didn't think anyone could possibly still be complaining about salary cap issues since we've got the second-most available space in the League, let alone be so invested in them that they'd be compelled to throw away a useful player in the name of saving something like $1.5m/yr for all of two years, but here we are.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Foligno is fine as captain, he drives plays. Besides Anderson I cant think of one other player that does that. Jenner tries (god bless him) and Atkinson could if he was 6" taller, but we need the leadership (even tho he doesnt score most of the time) more than anything anyone else on the team can bring.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Weird topic and its impossible to completely understand what happens in the room. I think needing a rah rah captain is kind of bullshit but on the ice I think the best 2 options are Foligno and Jenner at this very point in time with Jones on his way. Foligno has more ups and downs on the ice with his play but has a better understanding of when he needs to look for that big hit or look for a fight to get the boys going. I also like Jenner because Boone Jenner is Boone Jenner 100% of the time and never someone you question with effort or desire.

Leaders are leaders regardless of a letter and I do think we have an interesting mix on this team even from guys without letters. I look at a guy like Savard who seems like a guy who can lighten the mood off the ice but on the ice the goalies must think of him as a bodyguard who will take a bullet for them because that guy will put his body in front of anything

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Bienvenue DangeRouss!

Yes, Texier would probably be our 2C and be good at it, and I think he'll eventually have that job, or maybe #1C! The coach is already planning on transitioning Texier to center, but it's a long term plan. For now Texier is very effective in the corners, and not having a center's defensive responsibilities gives him more freedom to focus on scoring. One step at a time. The line from last night with Texier - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand has Wennberg covering which lets Texier and Bjorkstrand go wild on offense. Maybe in a year or so we'll see Bemstrom - Texier - Bjorkstrand. I think we're all still waiting to see if Bemstrom is ready.

*language note - "used to" is past tense, I think you meant to say that you "usually" watch every game. No big deal.

Thanks for your point...and the correction, I appreciate ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->