Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
Why isn't Anthony Stewart playing???
He would have been playing 5 games in 5 nights, and according to Stewart in an interview on their local TV, Coach Sutter asked him to sit out tonight. He'll be playing on Monday night though.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
needlehitsgroove said:
Radulov is not in this game either?

Radulov plays in the QMJHL, so when the Q players went back to their respective teams, Radulov went as well. Too bad though, he was fun to watch.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
I think Syvrets and Bollands stock really rose tonight. I didn't see the second period, but I saw Bolland with 3 solid chances in tonights game and Syvret was a machine in on the PK.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
solid game for the OHL all-stars, Russians looked shaken after two softie goals Kuznetsov allowed. Kuznetsov regained confidence after stopping like 40 shots, but Russians couldn't come back.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
IMHO kind of a boring game compared to the one against the QMJHL.

Russia must miss Khudobin badly...and Radulov for that matter.

- Thought Richardson played well.
- Richards is always great.
- Svyret should get drafted in the next draft...possibly by Calgary who will need some players to fill spots in their new AHL team. Plus they aren't afraid to draft overagers.
- Little is very skilled. Gotta love him. Should go high in '06.
- Bolland is a solid player. Blackhawks are sure stacked with the yougins.
- Munce was solid but barely tested.

There's a Russian player I like, but I forget his name... he's really short and I think he plays center... last name ends in "ov". He reminds me of Samsonov.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I missed the first 2 periods and parts of the third because I had class and then HW can you guys please fill me about Lyamin's play today?

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
mazmin said:
- Svyret should get drafted in the next draft...possibly by Calgary who will need some players to fill spots in their new AHL team. Plus they aren't afraid to draft overagers.
Since he is North American and wasn't drafted, Svyret is an Unrestricted Free Agent and doesn't need to be drafted. Then again, that didn't stop the Flames from taking Brandon Prust in the second round last year. :lol

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Douggy said:
Since he is North American and wasn't drafted, Svyret is an Unrestricted Free Agent and doesn't need to be drafted. Then again, that didn't stop the Flames from taking Brandon Prust in the second round last year. :lol

if the draft rules stay the same under the next cba, NA players born between Jan 1, 1985 and Sept 15, 1987 will be eligible for next years draft. Svyret was born June 13, 1985...so he IS still draft eligible

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The Messenger said:
Benoit had a great game recording a couple of assists and his line was very dominant ...

He is my favorite prospect in the upcoming draft, he would be perfect fit with the leafs ;). Leafs been looking for a winger with size and a good skater who can put the puck in the net!!! :D

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
BuppY said:
He is my favorite prospect in the upcoming draft, he would be perfect fit with the leafs ;). Leafs been looking for a winger with size and a good skater who can put the puck in the net!!! :D

Unless the NHL impliments a full 30 team lottery and leafs get a very early pick .. They have no chance at him .... Top ranked OHL player .. he will be a TOP 5 pick IMO ....

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The Messenger said:
Unless the NHL impliments a full 30 team lottery and leafs get a very early pick .. They have no chance at him .... Top ranked OHL player .. he will be a TOP 5 pick IMO ....

I know that is why I'm hoping for a 30 team lottery maybe we can get lucky and get a early pick!!! :D

*We Deserve one* :p:

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
thorspartak said:
without Radulov, Voloshenko and Yunkov weren't as effective as in the games against the Q.

Very true.

To be fair to the Russians though, this was their 3rd game in 4 nights.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
yeah, fatigue was obvious since first minutes of the nite, whereas the OHL team was all over the tired Russians after seeing how the RS dismantled the Q in two games.

Alfie#11 said:
Very true.

To be fair to the Russians though, this was their 3rd game in 4 nights.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Douggy said:

Prust was taken in the 3rd round. Sutter said he was close to being NHL ready this summer.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Probably there would be a tendency by OHL observers (like the Sportsnet commentators last night) to just homerically say, well, of course the OHL rolled over those Russians, while the poor weak sisters in the Q couldn't handle them.

The OHL did roll over them last night. But IMHO, that was mostly because the Russians just weren't the same team. Without Radulov, there was no sustained offense. Without Khudobin... well... Kuznetsov's save percentage looks fine in this game, but he let in a couple of really soft goals. And the fatigue factor was certainly there. The Q actually played a much more physical game than the OHL, and they had more big grinders in their lineup, which probably also helped to wear the Russians out for Game 3. It was definitely interesting to see a more finesse-y lineup from the OHL, and a more crash-and-bang lineup from the Quebec league.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
As for the players from the OHL side...

The line of Richards, Bolland, and Hunter was dominant. They fluffed a few chances to bury it when their puck skills didn't quite live up to their driving desire and creativity, but they put on pressure on practically every shift. Richards was an absolute force, and seemed to be the absolute heart and soul of the team. Bolland ripped some great shots, and Hunter plugged away to set things up from the corners and sideboards. They really looked great out there.

It's funny, because the super-line of Perry, Carter, and McGrath was probably constructed to be the dominating line. Instead, arguably, they were the least effective line on the night for the OHL. Oh sure, they all had some individual moments, but never really clicked as a unit and had some of the more ineffectual shifts on the night for OHL side. If you had to pick for the WJC camp on this game alone, Perry probably would have put himself out of the running, because he didn't demonstrate top-2 line offense in this game. Not that it was really his fault. The Richards line seized control early, and the coaching staff want to get Little and Crombeen a lot of icetime for fan interest early too, and they kept earning more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->