GDT: Game 3: Boston Bruins @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Not the B's

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I come in peace. Good game guys always fun to play in Vegas and I have no doubt we’d be in OT right now with another 2 mins of to time. Btw pretty sure I just saw the eventual 2019-20 Calder Trophy Winner...that kid is scary good especially w/those linemates.

Til next time VGK and hopefully a preview of the Cup Finals!

Vegas played well first ten minutes and last five. Bruins controlled the rest. The lady next to me was screaming Marchessault or Karlsson or Stone to get something going but there wasn't a lot they could do. Bruins defense as a team and hard work with and without the puck was solid.

Reactions: Deuce17

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ken-Boehlke.jpg
f***, bud. A board meme is born.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Boston is a good team. Defense needs to be better. Getting Eakin back will help. Pirri was definitely a negative. VGK tends to overpass sometimes. Got to put more pucks on net.

Reactions: hangman005

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Speaking of Ken: "What is the idea behind taking a timeout after an icing with a minute and a half to go"

Gallant basically trying not to call him an idiot and gives him an elementary school explanation of why coaches take timeouts late in the game.

My god what a stupid f***ing question.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also since the postgame is talking about Glass, I'll add my own thoughts.

My big concern with him analyzing his pre NHL style of play was that he seemed too cerebral and passive to be much of an impact player.

That concern is dead. He is so engaged in the play and you saw several times his passes or attempts at passes that players with lower hockey IQ wouldn't even think to try, and he does it at such high speed. You can tell he's a real special talent and he's only going ot get better. That's a silver lining for me tonight. He looked fantastic again.

Regardless of what
Ken-Boehlke.jpg
ever says.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Glass is going to very good.
Hague's skating is awful. Massive problem he will need to fix if he wants a long career.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Positives and negatives.

Power play looked really good. Top lines looked fantastic most of the game with Glass still contributing at a high level. I haven't noticed Holden at all which is a good thing.

Bottom six hot garbage. Especially Pirri. Any time he gets near a puck I expect him to get stick tied. It is like he is using a different sized stick each shift and can't figure it out. I just wait for him to fail. Would love to see Pirri sit a game with Roy at 4C and Nosek up to 3 LW.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Hague's skating is awful. Massive problem he will need to fix if he wants a long career.
I think this is a bit of a hot take. Hague has decent wheels for a dude his size. Could his stride use a little refining? Sure, but let's take a deep breath & cut him some slack. He's 2 games into his NHL career, he'll be fine.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I think this is a bit of a hot take. Hague has decent wheels for a dude his size. Could his stride use a little refining? Sure, but let's take a deep breath & cut him some slack. He's 2 games into his NHL career, he'll be fine.

Skating has been a problem even back to juniors. Big men can skate, Hague cannot.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Are they showcasing Holden for a trade? He is doing a good deal toward making himself tradeable.

He has played well but I'm not sure I trust him to be this good for a while. If they can get something for him when Schmidt is healthy, they could think about it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Skating has been a problem even back to juniors. Big men can skate, Hague cannot.

That's a bit extreme. I think he can get fast enough to get by. Anyone can. Hague usually accounts for slower skating by anticipating ahead of time. Tonight we saw a couple times he didn't anticipate and got burned. He still has some developing to do.

Vegas Vince

Oct 5, 2019
VGK tends to overpass sometimes. Got to put more pucks on net.

Unfortunately, this has been a running issue since the start. Stone and Wild Bill have no issues with firing immediately when they have a chance. We need to get more guys to be like this.

Disappointing result but overall, a good performance and fun game to watch. Excellent first 10 minutes and a very nice last 5 minutes. Next time, eat a Snickers somewhere in those other 45 minutes and we're good. :nod:

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Positives and negatives.

Power play looked really good. Top lines looked fantastic most of the game with Glass still contributing at a high level. I haven't noticed Holden at all which is a good thing.

Bottom six hot garbage. Especially Pirri. Any time he gets near a puck I expect him to get stick tied. It is like he is using a different sized stick each shift and can't figure it out. I just wait for him to fail. Would love to see Pirri sit a game with Roy at 4C and Nosek up to 3 LW.

Regarding the bottom six, Zykov continues to play with a high motor and make great decisions. Enough has been said about Pirri. Stastny.....I'm just not sure about him on this line.

If I had to pin this loss on individual efforts, I would probably single out Pirri and Theodore.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Hague will never be an Erik Karlsson. He's a different body and play style. For what Hague is, he's very good, and he had a decent game last night after a great debut, just made a few rookie mistakes (fewer than Theodore, for example, and we all know what Shea can do). He'll get better and better with positioning and that long stick with more reps.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Patches and Smith are playing like men possessed.

Hopefully the D gets sorted out, and yes Hague's lack of explosiveness in his skating is worrisome this year. All we can do is hope he continues to improve it next year.

Dave was a great radio voice for the Bruins, glad to see him and Sheriff Shane enjoying Vegas. Compliments to the fans on the Strip, you picked the right sport.

Dave Goucher made right call in moving to Vegas - The Boston Globe

IENLMUXKF4I6TATHRNGBNQO5DA.jpg

So glad they went with these guys instead of cheesy expansion high energy types. Or even worse, someone from another sport to pull in new fans. So far, the only cringe moments have been from NBC broadcasts...
Although I could do without the singing.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Feel better this AM after reminding myself that we are missing some fairly important puzzle pieces: Tuchsy, Eaks, Schmidly. Hopefully they're mending on the quick (not Jonathan! :laugh:).

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Don't take this wrong, it's just a sensitive spot for us, but none of us actually live on the Strip.

I know, I was just making reference to where the Knights play. I've never visited Vegas but I'm pining to. I was an MIT undergrad around the time the MIT blackjack team was card counting there. "Terrier" is in reference to my regular attendance at Boston University hockey games.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Everyone in our current top 6 but Glass are, heck, Karlsson is leading the league in individual expected goals, and individual HDCF.

I wouldn't say but Glass, I've been as impressed with his play as Marchessault. I agree Karlsson has been great.

Karlsson, however, will never lead the league in goals, he doesn't shoot enough. Even yesterday he had a few opportunities to shoot but passed instead. I see it often from him. He has even said his natural instinct is to pass and he won't often shoot to create, he waits and picks his shots very carefully, Marchessault will shoot from everywhere.

I often find myself wishing Karlsson would shoot a bit more and Marchessault a bit less. Only by a small margin but I think it would help them.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad