GDT: Game 3: Blackhawks at Blues | Oct. 9, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
:handclap:

But really, I'm a little surprised that everyone is thinking that the blues will come out chippy and as pests. Reaves is one of the only legitimate fighters who doesn't go around creating nonsense scrambles, and Stewart only causes stuff when other things get involved. The hawks will certainly cause things as well, we know what Shaw and Bollig can do. It'll be a chippy game, but not because of one team. I'm expecting a close game, average scoring. The blues offense is hot, but they've played very weak defenses, they should come back to earth tonight.

Looking forward to a good game tonight.

It starts with your captain on down. The Blues are a physical team that try and bully the Hawks. The Hawks laugh it off and more often then not leave with two points.

Nothingman*

It starts with your captain on down. The Blues are a physical team that try and bully the Hawks. The Hawks laugh it off and more often then not leave with two points.

Yeah. Backes promotes the douchery that encompasses the Blues.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
And you guys have Bollig, Toews and especially Shaw who will also come out like that.

It's a 2-way street.

Wait, you just put Toews in a conversation with Backes, Jackman, Shaw, and Bollig? Get the hell out of here with that. Plus if we're going to start going down the roster throw in Reaves, Stewart, Pollack.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Even the Sharks and Canucks have risen to the occasion once in awhile. Blues haven't even seen a Final for 45 years or something.
The San Jose Sharks have been to a final before? Tell me more about this. :sarcasm:

Anyways, yeah the Blues are a physical, rough team, that's pretty much what their identity is. Not sure why that's such a problem though, it's hockey. They really aren't goons at all. If you want to see goonery just look at some of the teams in the East, as I know you guys are quite familiar with John Scott. That is more of a circus over there - the West is just how hockey should be played, IMO, it's gritty. But here's to a good game tonight, I know the 'Hawks will really let us know where we currently stand as it should be a good test for our team.

Nothingman*

And you guys have Bollig, Toews and especially Shaw who will also come out like that.

It's a 2-way street.

This is a funny comment. Shaw is prolly the only **** stirrer in that list and he only marginally does it. Bollig only does staged fights. Toews is a two time Cup captain. I guess Tazer can troll that.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Wait, you just put Toews in a conversation with Backes, Jackman, Shaw, and Bollig? Get the hell out of here with that. Plus if we're going to start going down the roster throw in Reaves, Stewart, Pollack.

Toews and backes get involved all the time.

Point is, it's both teams, not just the blues. It's team vs team not player vs player.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Point is, it's both teams, not just the blues. It's team vs team not player vs player.

Ya, and you know why? Here's a hint, its not because of Toews. Toews career high in penalty minutes is 51. Backes' career low for an 82 game pace is 93.

Nothingman*

Only problem is Toews is in the scoring column (about 1.5 points per)much more often than Backes (less than .75 points per) when they play each other. At least the last 3 years I perused. So the lines are usually against each other and Toews pretty much owns him statistically. Maybe that is why Backes' panties are in a bunch when they play. He realizes his is just another overrated player.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Backes is a two time 30+ goal scorer, and probably a captain for this years USA olympic team. Heisn't as good as Toews, but he's not a chump.

I'm surprised this conversation hasn't included Lapierre. I think maybe some Blues fans still don't realize what he brings. Tonight is probably a prime opportunity for him to be the pest that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->