GDT: Game 3: Blackhawks at Blues | Oct. 9, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Don't know why there wasn't already a thread created, but it probably has to do with us all (or at least me) being lazy.

Anyway, tonight's game should be a great one. A win would really cement early on that the Hawks are the class of the division. The Blues have been playing well, but they haven't been tested by a team of the Hawks caliber yet. I am thinking and hoping a 4-3 Hawks win.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I believe this will be the first time Bickell will be playing with Toews against Backes. In fact, it was the main reason I had proposed for BB to join the first line last season (before Q finally went and made the change). BB and others had better be watching Toews back cause we all know what Backes is about.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
I don't care about the score, just come out of this one healthy. Games against the Blues are always entertaining but as soon as they go down a goal the goons come out and the cheapshots start.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Their local team is playing a playoff game of the most boring sport on the planet.

St. Louis finally got an MLS team?

And time to see how these guys react in their first games as primary division rivals, now that Detroit's off in the mythical land of the east.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Playoff baseball is incredible. Chicago baseball fans have forgotten how amazing it is when their team is in it. Don't hate.

As for the game we give a **** about, St. Louis is going to go the physical route and try to get under the skin of many of the Hawks. The Hawks just need to play a simple game, focus on winning the game, and take the chances that are there. That Sunday afternoon game last year against St. Louis was the perfect way to handle the Blues. Early on, the Blues tried to get the crowd in it with big hits and physical play. The only games the Hawks need to be worried about is the actual game. St. Louis' players are idiotic. I laughed when I heard David Backes asked Bryan Bickell who he was, and Bickell later scored in the game and told him he had more goals than him at that point of the season. Classic.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The Hawks always kill the blues, 15-6-2 the last 4 years (took out one game when the Hawks didn't play their starters)

member 151739

I had a dream last night that the Blues got Thomas Vanek. It scared me. But I woke up and laughed.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Don't know why there wasn't already a thread created, but it probably has to do with us all (or at least me) being lazy.

Anyway, tonight's game should be a great one. A win would really cement early on that the Hawks are the class of the division. The Blues have been playing well, but they haven't been tested by a team of the Hawks caliber yet. I am thinking and hoping a 4-3 Hawks win.

Last year I really wanted the Hawks to prove this with how we constantly heard how great the Blues are, and were going to win the WC. This year, I ain't even mad. If the Blues want to build a name for themselves and make me think something of them, they need to do something in the playoffs.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Last year I really wanted the Hawks to prove this with how we constantly heard how great the Blues are, and were going to win the WC. This year, I ain't even mad. If the Blues want to build a name for themselves and make me think something of them, they need to do something in the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly, I've been following the Hawks for 30 years and can remember countless times where I've heard how good the Blues are supposed to be. And they never do anything when it counts.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
There are some of us who put hockey first. ;)

:handclap:

But really, I'm a little surprised that everyone is thinking that the blues will come out chippy and as pests. Reaves is one of the only legitimate fighters who doesn't go around creating nonsense scrambles, and Stewart only causes stuff when other things get involved. The hawks will certainly cause things as well, we know what Shaw and Bollig can do. It'll be a chippy game, but not because of one team. I'm expecting a close game, average scoring. The blues offense is hot, but they've played very weak defenses, they should come back to earth tonight.

Looking forward to a good game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->