BRUINS GDT Game 3 10/8 1:07 PM - Ottawa at BRUINS in Home Opener | NESN, TSN5, RDS2, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
As a Bruins fan living in Canada, I love the Canadian Thanksgiving day game. My wife and I do our family visiting during the weekend and I usually have Monday to myself for the game. But, I understand why many don't like the weekday matinee game.

A little TMI but we're all family here. One year, I watched the Thanksgiving Day game while drinking my colonoscopy prep formula. That was....ummm.....interesting.

As for today, I'm hoping for a comfortable win but these plucky Sens have played well to start the season. I think it'll be a tough one.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We are all sick in the household and had to cancel our Thanksgiving plans...my parents are in their eighties and we can't risk passing anything on to them. Tomorrow will be a lazy, lying on the sofa watching the game day. Hopefully the Bruins will boost our spirits and win.

Hope you are better soon!

Reactions: caz16

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I'm off today for the first time in forever on a Monday holiday of any weight.

I love the 1pm Monday start just because it's like a new thing for me.

However, I noticed we don't get the Friday mid-day after Thanksgiving again, looks like that tradition is gone forever. :(

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I've been openly critical of Backes. I do however think it's odd that you would think that having the Bruins win, with Backes scoring a goal would ruin a game for Bruins fans commenting on a Bruins forum. I think people want the Bruins to succeed with or with Backes.
You've been around here for a decade. Do you not know Dan's sarcasm and humor yet?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Glad to see Kuraly's back on the fourth line. Backes needs to earn his payday, and if that means playing center, well....he'd be just make his peace with that. It's not like he can't do it anyway. I've been trying to figure out why he hasn't been doing it up until now anyway. Is it really just the fact that he's uncomfortable with the defensive system, or is it something else?
Is there anything he's done or said that makes you think this is anything at all besides a coaching decision?

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
You've been around here for a decade. Do you not know Dan's sarcasm and humor yet?

Well, in all honesty, hockey is his 3rd sport so he doesn’t always know what he’s talking about.
:sarcasm:

(I am required to add the emoji because although I have been around nearly as long, I post so much less and the board wouldn’t know otherwise)

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I actually believe Backes is much better at playing center than wing. He was awesome when he was on the Blues. I wish the Bruins did this long ago. I think he still has more in the tank and like him even more come playoff time.

Reactions: blazenlo and BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As a Bruins fan living in Canada, I love the Canadian Thanksgiving day game. My wife and I do our family visiting during the weekend and I usually have Monday to myself for the game. But, I understand why many don't like the weekday matinee game.

A little TMI but we're all family here. One year, I watched the Thanksgiving Day game while drinking my colonoscopy prep formula. That was....ummm.....interesting.

As for today, I'm hoping for a comfortable win but these plucky Sens have played well to start the season. I think it'll be a tough one.

Bruins are generally enough to give one the trots, I couldn't imagine taking something else with that

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really want to see the second and third lines do well. Need Krejci and Backes to take these youngsters under their wings and play kick ass hockey. Go Bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad