GDT: Game 29: Wild @ Avs - Give Us More - 1PM

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don’t agree with the decision, especially with how effective the team has been without him and how important today’s game is. I would have preferred to insert him back in the lineup against a different team but it is what it is. Sounds like either he gets going or he’ll be on nacho duty.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Only way I'd be okay with it is if he stays off the third line, and that's the case, so. Go ahead and earn your money; or, lose your spot. May his trade value climb ever higher

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Man f*** Jared. What kind of message does this send? Work your ass off, play hard, score a bit but dont worry your job is going to go to the lazy guy who makes more money than you anyways. f*** that noise. LOC has done everything asked of him. Everyone to a man said they rode the energy of that 4th line on that first shift where LOC nearly scored 10 seconds in to fuel them for the game. This is f***in bullshit as far as im concerned. Unless they are showcasing JTC I dont get this move at all and even still you wanna pull someone out for JTC pull out PEB and have him cheerlead on the side.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I have no problem with LOC being out today, so long as if JTC does not step up, LOC comes back.

At the end of the day, LOC was a roster plug this year, he was not meant to be in the lineup. Now, he has way outperformed my expectations of him and deserves to stay in the lineup, but I am fine with Bednar giving JTC another shot before he is jettisoned to the sun. He must have watched how well LOC has performed, now he knows his place in the lineup is no longer guaranteed, so make him earn it! You can't get JTC to earn his spot without giving him a chance. Here is his chance, otherwise see ya sucker.

Edit: And after all the injuries isn't this a good problem to have? We have to make tough decisions about who to play because we have a nearly healthy roster. LOC will be with the big boy club soon enough.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The problem I have with it, is that LOC has pretty much played all year with 100% effort. He's been, arguably, their best 4th line player this season year. He was great last game too. So you reward him by benching him?

It's no secret that JTC has been basically dog shit all year. Loafing on D. Turning pucks over. Invisible offensively, even when he got time on the top line, and with PP time. He instantly makes any line he's on this year less effective. Guys suddenly blossom when they aren't playing with him. So now Bednar takes arguably his best 4th liner out for a guy that has played like crap all year, and makes that line, and his team, worse? It can't be to "showcase" him for a trade, or he wouldn't be playing on the 4th line. I don't get it. Must purely be a $ thing.

I think they still believe in JT Compher to some extent. He paced for high 30 point totals two seasons prior to this one.

He’s obviously been worse than LOC this season, but I don’t think they’re ready to just outright give up on him yet.

If he gets some time on the 4th line and that group struggles, then maybe he’s a nacho eater moving forward.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Man f*** Jared. What kind of message does this send? Work your ass off, play hard, score a bit but dont worry your job is going to go to the lazy guy who makes more money than you anyways. f*** that noise. LOC has done everything asked of him. Everyone to a man said they rode the energy of that 4th line on that first shift where LOC nearly scored 10 seconds in to fuel them for the game. This is f***in bullshit as far as im concerned. Unless they are showcasing JTC I dont get this move at all and even still you wanna pull someone out for JTC pull out PEB and have him cheerlead on the side.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I think they still believe in JT Compher to some extent. He paced for high 30 point totals two seasons prior to this one.

Oh, there's no doubt he has the ability. We've all seen it in the past. He was great in that series vs. SJ 2 years back. That's the guy they need to see. The guy that plays like a mix of Jost, Calvert, and Dong. The guy that earned that contract. Not the scrub we've seen this year.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't really mind JTC replacing LOC at 4th line wing. Not really the most meaningful position, and we are rotating guys there anyway. As long as you keep him away from the 3rd line...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
O’Connor’s effort is great but let’s be honest, he isn’t a huge physical presence, a defensive stalwart, and he has 3 points in 17 games.

He has not played himself out of the lineup, and Compher hasn’t played himself into the lineup, but Compher can bring everything O’Connor does plus chipping in a point every two games or so.

Whether JTC can actually match the effort level remains to be seen, but it is easier for JTC to work harder than it is for O’Connor to bring some scoring ability.
Maybe the last couple of seasons. This season? Compher is not doing anything offensively. He's gotten WAY more offensive opportunities than LOC and yet they're producing the same numbers.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If LOC is making 3.5M and JTC is making 800k then that's not even a discussion who's going to play.

Thing is, JTC is making 3.5M for 2.5 more years and they HAVE to get him going.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
O’Connor’s effort is great but let’s be honest, he isn’t a huge physical presence, a defensive stalwart, and he has 3 points in 17 games.

He has not played himself out of the lineup, and Compher hasn’t played himself into the lineup, but Compher can bring everything O’Connor does plus chipping in a point every two games or so.

Whether JTC can actually match the effort level remains to be seen, but it is easier for JTC to work harder than it is for O’Connor to bring some scoring ability.

He has 4 pts in 21 games.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If LOC is making 3.5M and JTC is making 800k then that's not even a discussion who's going to play.

Thing is, JTC is making 3.5M for 2.5 more years and they HAVE to get him going.
get him in fine but sit PEB then. LOC penalty kills aswell so they are interchangeable. PEB might have a better sense of humor and maybe thats why hes still in the line up. They mustve had a talent show last night and PEB made the judges laugh more than LOC.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Screenshots_2021-03-20-12-25-32_(1).png
Screenshots_2021-03-20-12-24-22_(1).png

Give me the guy generating more shots and hits in less ice time and games.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
I would have preferred rotating in Compher in the Arizona series instead.

But he's definitely put on notice now. Put up or ship out.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He has 4 pts in 21 games.
Sure, but LOC generates energy, and is great at getting the puck deep and keeping the offensive pressure going. This means when our top 6 is resting, the other team is still on their heels, and isn’t building up momentum against our bottom line. It’s a big reason why we have incredible possession numbers and are the best in the league at shot suppression.

Last edited:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Sure, but he generates energy, and is great at getting the puck deep and keeping the offensive pressure going. This means when our top 6 is resting, the other team is still on their heels, and isn’t building up momentum against our bottom line. It’s a big reason why we have incredible possession numbers and are the best in the league at shot suppression.
Sounds like you're describing LoC and not Compher.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
This is bullshit, Bedz. Seriously, f*** you, dude. LOC has done EVERYTHING to make our team better. This ruthless aggression style that we are playing has a lot to do with him. Really bad message here.

Gonna scratch MacDonald next for EJ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad