Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
c98abebab7fc9c87cc310050875a7fac.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I know a lot of you are upset JTC is replacing LOC, but they gotta do something with JTC no? If they gonna trade him or get him going, they have to play him. Can't just sit him the entire season with a 3.5 mill contract. Gotta get something out of the guy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I like LOC more than JTC but I have zero issues with him sliding in. Compher makes 3.5M dollars. We have to do something with him. Let’s see if he plays with some fear in him today and actually gives an honest effort. Everyone knows he has it in him. His job is legitimately on the line right now and he knows it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd absolutely sit him and keep sitting him until someone shows they don't deserve a place in the lineup.

Then again, that's just how I'd operate as a coach. I don't believe in contracts dictating player chances, especially when it's not a star player. Compher has sucked for literally the entire season while O'Connor honestly may not have played a poor game yet.

If you're going to take anybody out, you take Bellemare out for "rest" and have Compher centre the 4th line to see if he can keep up with 11 and 25.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It'll likely be mostly insignificant for the game itself and Compher has to play at some point but I still don't like the move. They're playing the best they have all season and probably better than any other team in the league. Why disrupt that for Compher, especially after the Calvert-Bellemare-LOC line might've just had their best game of the season? Bednar himself has also said LOC deserves a spot in the lineup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost has been fine, contributes defensively, and has had some bad luck at times but it's not like he has done a lot with the 3C spot offensively. I'm glad to see Compher is at RW but I won't be surprised if he's back in his usual spot before this game is over.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I don't care much that JTC plays over LOC. Pretty sure that JTC will try to prove that he belongs and that he knows
that he's about to lose his spot if he continues to suck. He will be hot as f***.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The problem I have with it, is that LOC has pretty much played all year with 100% effort. He's been, arguably, their best 4th line player this season year. He was great last game too. So you reward him by benching him?

It's no secret that JTC has been basically dog shit all year. Loafing on D. Turning pucks over. Invisible offensively, even when he got time on the top line, and with PP time. He instantly makes any line he's on this year less effective. Guys suddenly blossom when they aren't playing with him. So now Bednar takes arguably his best 4th liner out for a guy that has played like crap all year, and makes that line, and his team, worse? It can't be to "showcase" him for a trade, or he wouldn't be playing on the 4th line. I don't get it. Must purely be a $ thing.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That's complete bull shit. LoC has earned his roster spot. I hate how Bednar handles rosters. Basically just playing the guy with the bigger contract. LoC and Calvert work perfectly together. If anyone should come out to give JTC his chance back, it's Belly.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I think it's fine.

JTC is making 3.5M, you have to give him a chance to earn his roster spot back. He was a healthy scratch last game so it's clear Bednar isn't afraid to scratch him.

If he comes in and isn't as effective as LOC in that spot I think Bednar wouldn't hesitate to put LOC back in the lineup.

Competition for a roster spot is a good thing and it keeps guys motivated to play well.

Time for JT to put up or shut up as they say.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Missed a couple of games. Happy to watch Makar again.

There is a chance we play Minnesota in the playoffs and we need to put into their minds that they have no chance at keeping up with us.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
O’Connor’s effort is great but let’s be honest, he isn’t a huge physical presence, a defensive stalwart, and he has 3 points in 17 games.

He has not played himself out of the lineup, and Compher hasn’t played himself into the lineup, but Compher can bring everything O’Connor does plus chipping in a point every two games or so.

Whether JTC can actually match the effort level remains to be seen, but it is easier for JTC to work harder than it is for O’Connor to bring some scoring ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad