Cole - Hunt

Kahkonen
Talbot

GAME DAY TUNES

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
Bednar’s needs a last ditch attempt to market JT before the deadline. If we don’t win, it says a lot about him if you ask me.

That being said...I like this to be the game where we pull ahead of MIN and never look back.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Confirmed JTC is in for LOC? Stupid move by Bednar if so, that 3rd line has been a million times better without him and LOC has been a million times better than him.
That's what the "Projected lineup" on the NHL app says. Dunno where they get that info, but it would be dumb, especially after the individual game LOC played, setting a new career high in SOGs.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't know if Compher is in the lineup or not, but people seem to be forgetting that LOC took a hard, awkward fall into the boards last game and labored to get to the bench. He appeared to be in a lot of pain and discomfort, although he continued to to play.

I also think the board has gone a bit overboard with the animosity directed toward Compher. He has had a poor 20 game stretch to open this season, but he has been an effective player for the Avs for the past few seasons, hitting 30 plus points in each of the last two seasons and at least a .5 ppg average in the playoffs for the last two years. He has also provided solid PK play as well during those seasons.

I don't think you can really afford to quit on players that quickly, particularly 25 year-olds. If the right trade comes along to swap in another player, great, but he can still be a contributor on this team otherwise IMO. Bednar needs to work on helping him build his confidence.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't know if Compher is in the lineup or not, but people seem to be forgetting that LOC took a hard, awkward fall into the boards last game and labored to get to the bench. He appeared to be in a lot of pain and discomfort, although he continued to to play.

I also think the board has gone a bit overboard with the animosity directed toward Compher. He has had a poor 20 game stretch to open this season, but he has been an effective player for the Avs for the past few seasons, hitting 30 plus points in each of the last two seasons and at least a .5 ppg average in the playoffs for the last two years. He has also provided solid PK play as well during those seasons.

I don't think you can really afford to quit on players that quickly, particularly 25 year-olds. If the right trade comes along to swap in another player, great, but he can still be a contributor on this team otherwise IMO. Bednar needs to work on helping him build his confidence.
I tend to agree, there is value to be salvaged here. The big problem is mostly his cap hit.

If JTC does not understand that there is someone ready to take his job and does not bust his tail the next time he his in the lineup, then we may have a problem.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
LOC could be a paper transaction, again. I wouldn’t count on JTC coming in until we know for sure.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->