GDT: Game 29: Washington Capitals Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Lets Do That Winning Thing

If we lose should Nevada Jones make the next GDT

• Double Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple Yes

• No (Please note this option costs $500, failure to pay results in all of the above)

• Total voters

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Jeez, what a game! I was working all night & got home to watch the replay with no idea what happened. Fantastic win. Hate to make comparisons like this, but it reminded me of last season.

First & foremost, great game by Reaves. I was the biggest critic of the trade last year, but the guy has won me over. He played a great game, has had a hell of a season so far, & really earned his spot in this lineup. The hit on Tommy might've been late, but no WAY in HELL is that 5 & a game. Wilson's hit in the SCF on Marchy was more egregious than that & went unpenalized. How sweet must've been to watch that CLOWN get helped off the ice. Sorry I missed it live. :laugh:

More importantly, it was a hell of a win. This team is coming together & is really showing some resilience. Bravo! Kudos to them & Gallant for staying the course. I'm fired up for the second half of the season. GKG!

Last edited by a moderator:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The way I see it---Reaves didn't change his path on that hit. What's he supposed to do when he sees this guy with all his history moving into his space--get out of the way? To me it's not really a blindside hit so much as Wilson makes his play and then spins into Reaves path. Stupid of Wilson as far as I'm concerned. Ryan didn't hit him high--wasn't predatory--so okay an interference penalty---didn't really need more than that.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Capital fans are so damn salty. :laugh:
You'd think they were the ones that lost in the finals.

And about that...yeah congrats on finally getting past Fleury and finally winning with one of the best players in NHL history. It only took until he had gray hair.

I'm glad Mcphee learned from the mistakes he made with Washington. He now knows it's simply not enough to build up a talented team that will just get smoked by a dynasty year after year.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The way I see it---Reaves didn't change his path on that hit. What's he supposed to do when he sees this guy with all his history moving into his space--get out of the way? To me it's not really a blindside hit so much as Wilson makes his play and then spins into Reaves path. Stupid of Wilson as far as I'm concerned. Ryan didn't hit him high--wasn't predatory--so okay an interference penalty---didn't really need more than that.
He loaded into him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He loaded into him.

Yeah he did do that. Still Reaves stayed more than less in his North-South pathway which was the general direction of where the play was going. Really you could say the hit was late but Wilson was kind of coming at him too. Reaves would have had to stop to let him go by when he needed to get back in the play up the ice in the direction he was going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->