GDT: Game # 29 Rangers @ Capitals - 7pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No Lafreniere meme because I missed it Wednesday and I'm superstitious.

Instead, please enjoy Baby Donnie.

CePdHNgVAAARODl

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I like our chances tonight. But let's face it, we will be hard pressed to think of sweeping the two game series. So if we lose tonight, have a bit of a let down, I'm sure we will bounce back next game. My optimism tonight doesn't stem from us blowing out Philly,... it comes from the reemergence of our leader.

Mika's game the other night wasn't a fluke. You don't score six points playing hurt or feeling sick. Quite the contrary, you are confident and raring to go. And that was obvious just minutes into the game, way before his record setting performance in the second period. There can be no doubt the Mika we knew last year has returned. And that can go a long way in helping our inconsistency.

He himself has admitted he is feeling it, the last couple of games. So if anyone thought he has turned the corner earlier, they were wrong. It's only very recently he feels like his old self.

His 7.5% shooting percentage is way below his average of 12%. Which means we can expect many more goals from a healthy Zibanejad the second half of the season. I would bank on it if he remains healthy. It's almost a sure thing with Kreids and Buch playing as well as they have.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Kakko is beginning to remind me of Marcel Hossa.

Absolutely elite along the boards. Great job at keeping the puck. Really tremendous play in all of that regard. Just not really able to get points up, though.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Kakko is beginning to remind me of Marcel Hossa.

Absolutely elite along the boards. Great job at keeping the puck. Really tremendous play in all of that regard. Just not really able to get points up, though.
He has shown no ability to beat NHL goalies with his shot. Unless that changes, he will not live up to what we thought that he would be.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Wilson hat-trick — just out of pure spite.

Edit: nvm. Also: since when does Dillon play F? Dude it a pylon, no?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Wilson hat-trick — just out of pure spite.
I may be the only non-Caps fan who doesn’t hate Wilson. He’s never seemed that dirty to me, he always seemed to be more of a case of someone who looks worse because of the impact of his hits due to his strength (like Kreider, Ovechkin) rather than the dirtiness of the hit itself

Reactions: CasusBelli

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I may be the only non-Caps fan who doesn’t hate Wilson. He’s never seemed that dirty to me, he always seemed to be more of a case of someone who looks worse because of the impact of his hits due to his strength (like Kreider, Ovechkin) rather than the dirtiness of the hit itself
nah he's dirty. But I would love to have on my team, dude's a game changer and was a main reason they finally got over the hump in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->