GDT: Game 29: Bruins @ Coyotes - 5PM - FSAZ+ No Shelves nor Elves

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I still say this team is more like an inch away from being good, than a mile. Good game.

Just those few minutes when something was not working. Hm. Never heard of that before. :madfire:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
If we had won, I'd be giving the belt to the Roadrunners line. They brought plenty of energy and actually caused the Bruins some headaches. Showed the rest of the team how to crash the net properly.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Were only four points ahead of St. Louis which have been horrible. 7 points out of WC and 9 out of division. This team is Coyote hockey, not quite good enough or deep enough.

Reactions: azcanuck and CLW

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Don't think he had a bad game. More like a good game. And he can shoot. Don't necessarily agree with putting him in as the extra attacker, but it's not a ROFL to me.

He didn't have a better game than Bunting, Schmaltz, Garland, Cousins, Archibald, Keller and arguably Fischer/Stepan. Offensively he had 1 shot the entire game.

Putting someone who has done shit all with nearly 20min TOI in the game as the extra attacker is pretty ROFL to me.

Reactions: Muppet

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Then Keller muffs a puck headed his way leading to a glorious chance saved by a stupid lucky bounce off the post that went under Kuemper.

Kuemper actually tipped it into the post, and then caught the rebound.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
He didn't have a better game than Bunting, Schmaltz, Garland, Cousins, Archibald, Keller and arguably Fischer/Stepan. Offensively he had 1 shot the entire game.

Putting someone who has done **** all with nearly 20min TOI in the game as the extra attacker is pretty ROFL to me.

I can tell you have never played hockey.
Panik was one of the best players tonight, he was forechecking, backchecking, making great passes, played hard.
That line was our best line tonight.
Schmaltz was terrible not only tonight but also last game.
Keller needs to wake up too.
Kuemper wasnt bad, but we need that one extra save from him.
Goligolski was the worst, killed every PP effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Name Nameless

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
The amount of 1-goal losses is annoying. We just need more firepower.

Good teams win those games. We're getting closer, much better than how we closed games out last year, but not enough. Still lacking the overall quality.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well...do I go with?

1 - There were a lot of positives
2 - The AHLers played well
3 - Top Line Couldn't Play Defense

It was an entertaining game to watch. Btw, that is how a top line is supposed to play. Someone goes back door after a pass across ice, textbook "goal scoring hockey". The entire team should have to watch that clip 1000x in order to understand how you score goals at the NHL level...it was great and demoralizing to watch at the same time.

I thought both Bunting and Garland bring something to the table.

Crouse doesn't fit with the top line, no offensive instincts, he's a prototypical 4th line winger who can bang in 10 goals and is good on the PK.

Schmaltz needs to play much better defensively, but he brings offense with Keller so Tocchett needs to find a winger that can play with those guys.

Panik played well tonight...Bunting was buzzing all game, so I would have put him in there as the extra attacker, but I could understand the argument for Panik as he did have a good game.

Fellas, Oesterle bugs the crap out of me in the Dzone, he just throws it up the wall no matter what, doesn't matter if we have a guy there or not. I think it's time we brought up Capobianco and see if he can help upgrade the 3rd line D pairing.

Fischer is playing too high right now...he's not a 2nd line winger, I know we don't actually have a 2nd line winger, but he doesn't work well with Stepan.

Schmaltz/Keller work well together, let's try Galchenyuk/Stepan together and it would sure be nice to have Dvorak back. I think Schmatz/Dvorak/Keller could be an extremely good line...and more defensively responsible.

I hope Tocchett gets better with in game adjustments, but I just don't see it. It's the same thing game after game, which is why we're so bad in the 2nd period, other teams get a lead and then they just sit on the lead trapping us in the neutral zone. Which is why we generally have more shots in the third period, but they are not great scoring chances.

Anyway, entertaining hockey - would have more enjoyable had we won.

Hope the team remains positive.

Reactions: Pomee

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I can tell you have never played hockey.
Panik was one of the best players tonight, he was forechecking, backchecking, making great passes, played hard.
That line was our best line tonight.
Schmaltz was terrible not only tonight but also last game.
Keller needs to wake up too.
Kuemper wasnt bad, but we need that one extra save from him.
Goligolski was the worst, killed every PP effort.

ROFL is all i have to say to this comment. What is this, Tocchet's account?

Playing hard doesn't mean you played well. "Lots of try" was the overriding opinion back when Tippett was our coach, and that never went well for us then, nor has it gone well for us now. Yes it's important, but it's not the most important there is. Regardless of how much he tried, or played hard, he didn't have a huge impact on the game. And he hasn't had a huge impact on most games this season, despite being played like it.

I don't disagree that Schmaltz and Keller aren't playing their best, nor Goligoski, but they had more impact on one shift than Panik had all night. Schmaltz scored a goal, and Goligoski and Keller both had assists. Hockey often comes down to those situations where 1 effort over 30 seconds trumps an effort over 60 minutes.

Regardless of a difference in opinion perhaps about the nature of hockey, Panik had plenty of turnovers and didn't generate a lot of offense. We can talk about how hard work, back checking, and forechecking can turn the tide of the game or impact it, but in all reality the end all be all is offense, whether for or against, and how you impact it - and Panik did not.

Also, I wouldn't assume that I've never played Hockey. As a matter of fact, I'm actually Christian Dvorak, and I just get super bored with this damn injury :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I only caught bits of this game on TV.

1. Lyubushkin looks better each game.
2. Bunting doesn't ever want to ride on a bus again. He did more in one game than Kempe and Garland have done in ten; combined.
3. Garland is a bus rider.
4. I have never noticed/seen Coyotes players watching video on I-pads, in game.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Not quite healthy enough!
You'll hear this B.S. from losing team fans. Meanwhile the Bruins have been destroyed by Injuries much more then the Yotes.
Looks like we have a good one in Schwartz. I said after last game they should consider putting Crouse on that line to balance it out and maybe RT reads these forums ;)
Keller took a big hit early on and Crouse went "after the guy" LOL. Today's hockey is a joke in that regard. No response after that all game. Not one big hit on Kreji or Marchand. That's the powder puff crew that Chyka has put together though. Even the call ups from Tucson all have the same DNA. I bet none of these guys need to wear a cup.
You see outside of Schwartz/Keller the most effective guys are Richardson and Cousins. Why ? they got some sandpaper to their game. We need some of our skill players to have that sandpaper. But Chyka loves the super soft skilled guy.
Bottom line is this. We are not a playoff team. By the end of the season you will see we are more of a lottery team. And I don't blame RT for this. He's playing the right style for the players Chyka is feeding him. And Chyka overall has done a good job he just needs to bring in some balance to this team. Some more Marchand type skilled guys.

Reactions: CNYCrunchfan1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad