GDT: Game 28: Vegas Golden Knights @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM | Full Game Effort

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
He should be competing with Dansk or Lagace.

In Chicago....
You’ve got to risk losing him to do that, and I like the team a lot more with him than without. If Dansk or Lagace were tearing it up in Chicago, I might feel differently.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
He should be competing with Dansk or Lagace.

In Chicago....
You’ve got to risk losing him to do that, and I like the team a lot more with him than without. If Dansk or Lagace were tearing it up in Chicago, I might feel differently.
In an ideal world, Subban would be in Chicago to regain some confidence. But I agree with BattleBorn, without Dansk or Lagace tearing it up the risk is too great that we lose Subban to waivers without someone better to replace him.

He's really stuck in an awful place, not awful enough to guarantee no one wants him, but awful enough you really don't want to play him if you can avoid it.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
In an ideal world, Subban would be in Chicago to regain some confidence. But I agree with BattleBorn, without Dansk or Lagace tearing it up the risk is too great that we lose Subban to waivers without someone better to replace him.

He's really stuck in an awful place, not awful enough to guarantee no one wants him, but awful enough you really don't want to play him if you can avoid it.
I still miss Pickard. :biglaugh:

Okay, so maybe my short-term long-term strategy of sacrificing Malcolm to the Caps in a very losable (is that a word?) game in order to get Flower some rest not the best idea. :booboo:

I'll get back to everyone with a new and improved plan!

Or not. :D

But surely we'll see Malcolm this weekend on the back-to-back. Which one, I'm not sure. Guess the Kings would be the obvious choice, but hate to lessen our chances in a division game. Plus, the Kings have Leipsic now so it's gonna be a tough game. ;)

Or maybe vs the Hawks Thursday and force Flower into another back-to-back? Doubt that's gonna happen.

So many questions, so few answers. :(

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I actually would not have been opposed to picking up Darling and losing Malcolm altogether. Darling may be a rebuild project, but you can't get anyworse than 30 and his guaranteed losses this year. Id love to be proven wrong this weekend.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I actually would not have been opposed to picking up Darling and losing Malcolm altogether. Darling may be a rebuild project, but you can't get anyworse than 30 and his guaranteed losses this year. Id love to be proven wrong this weekend.
I personally haven’t seen much from Malcolm that makes me think he’s any worse than last season. I’d definitely like to see him with the full D corps at least two or three times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad