GDT: Game 28: Sharks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Elves on the Shelf

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Garbage 6 on 5 as usual. 4 unanswered after a 3-0 hole was always unlikely. Next time don't get down 3.

I don't think anyone had a particularly good game. Garland was there, not the kind of player I'd expect to come into the NHL hot.

I think Richardson, Panik and Chychrun had a good game.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
We need to make a trade to replace Grabner. And when Grabner comes back we have a player who will replace Vinnie. And when Vinnie comes back we have a player who will replace Cousins or Archibald.

Also, why in the actual f*** is Oesterle still playing over Lyubushkin.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, it's a let-down to lose this one, this was really the game to win to get back into the discussion... Still, this team is fighting a lot better than last year. And a little five-game win streak or something now would work wonders...

:arr:

Reactions: Edenjung and Pomee

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think Richardson, Panik and Chychrun had a good game.

I think they certainly had some good shifts at times, particularly in the 2nd,
but I dunno about the whole 60 minute effort. The first period just about everyone was getting out worked.

Yeah, it's a let-down to lose this one, this was really the game to win to get back into the discussion... Still, this team is fighting a lot better than last year. And a little five-game win streak or something now would work wonders...

What annoys me is they don't seem to respond until the deficit is huge. You get down 1-0 in the first you should get off your ass. They seem to wait till it's 2-0 or 3-0. Or even last game against the Wild where they got the early lead, but didn't press it. They lack a killer instinct.

Reactions: Pomee

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
At the game with my brother. Boston transplant, but loved getting to see some live hockey. Not a fan of Sharks fans. If The Yotes ever get good at exiting the zone, they'll have to be reckoned with.

Reactions: Pomee

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
At the game with my brother. Boston transplant, but loved getting to see some live hockey. Not a fan of Sharks fans. If The Yotes ever get good at exiting the zone, they'll have to be reckoned with.
Spot on, they have struggled with the breakout. When they have been effective, they've been pretty dangerous.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We need to make a trade to replace Grabner. And when Grabner comes back we have a player who will replace Vinnie. And when Vinnie comes back we have a player who will replace Cousins or Archibald.

Also, why in the actual **** is Oesterle still playing over Lyubushkin.

Trade everyone..... then trade everyone you traded for....

Reactions: Lilhoody

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Garbage 6 on 5 as usual. 4 unanswered after a 3-0 hole was always unlikely. Next time don't get down 3.

I don't think anyone had a particularly good game. Garland was there, not the kind of player I'd expect to come into the NHL hot.

It looks like we've never practiced it. Have we actually scored with the goalie pulled this year? I don't remember it happening.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Caught bits and pieces of the game, including the final couple minutes with OEL's nonchalant, lazy ass bullshit going on again.

Schmaltz either hates playing in AZ, or he's similar to Dvorak in terms of emotion. Dude looks straight up miserable when he scores :laugh:

Reactions: RemoAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Me too, I was crushed when he was traded.

If I say I didn't know you had a team back then, it's just me, speaking the litteral truth. So I'll admit this was a new name to me (except it certainly rings Norwegian, even if it's says he was a Canadian, so that's a bit fun.) But "Traded by Phoenix with Richard Lintner to the Nashville Predators for future considerations" it says on Wiki... Man, what happened? Was Lintner an albatross contract?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The injuries are starting to hurt. Really missing Grabs, Vinny, and we can't rely on Hill to bail us out every game. Need our goalies back. These injuries could sink our playoff hopes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The injuries are starting to hurt. Really missing Grabs, Vinny, and we can't rely on Hill to bail us out every game. Need our goalies back. These injuries could sink our playoff hopes.
You hit the nail on the head. We don't have depth to begin with and you add in all these injuries, we are basically icing a AHL team, and it's hard to find chemistry, stay competitive let alone win.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Also, why in the actual **** is Oesterle still playing over Lyubushkin.
Who do you trade? Who do we trade for?
I do not like Oesterle. When he skates with the puck he is good, but when he is pressured in our zone he is like a deer in headlights.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yup, they are terrible at exiting.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Spot on, they have struggled with the breakout. When they have been effective, they've been pretty dangerous.
I can't count the times we win a FO and the D gets possession and shoots it around the boards and waiting for it is the opposition D and just like that we lose possession in our own end. It has happened over and over and over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->