GDT: Game 28: Seattle Kraken(16-8-3) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (17-9-1) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
No one wasn't guarding anybody. If Hakstol can't work this out just bring in the next one.

It's like our players think this is the All Star game. Don't touch anybody. Don't get hurt.

Reactions: AarG

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
When I did my Expansion mock I took Cal Foote. Happy GMFrancis is smarter than me cause Gourde is a good/great player

Fans like the idiots who get up and pound on the Glass ruin it for all the people around them. Sit down and take a permanent sit moron

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Every now and then the Kraken pull out a stinker and this is it
Florida and Washington were stinkers, too, so this is a bad trend. While our D looked pretty solid during most of the winnning streak, it's back to square one lately.

Reactions: AarG

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
giphy.gif

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I still don't get how our D can go from so good to so bad between just a game or two. Add to that Gru's struggles with a bad defense in front, it absolutely kills us.

I've watched 4 or 5 tampa games the past 2 weeks, and their offense has so much movement that players are open all over the ice. It isn't just Seattle they have been doing this too.

That said, Tampa really isn't the only team that has been taking advantage of space against Seattle. Everyone on Seattle really needs to constantly look around and pick up the players away from the puck breaking on the shooting lanes. There was way too much double teaming the puck and chasing without concern for the wide open guys quietly cycling around the perimeter and then sliding into wide open areas.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Florida and Washington were stinkers, too, so this is a bad trend. While our D looked pretty solid during most of the winnning streak, it's back to square one lately.

I don't think Florida was a stinker and we've actually got to go way back to see when that started.

It was during our winning streak where we gave up 4 in Anaheim, 8 in L.A. and 5 against the Sharks.
Back then you could see that this would be trouble(cause you can't expect to score 5 - 8 every night) and right now we're paying for it.

Also, like mentioned before, we're now at a time of the season where good teams start getting on a run and where everyone has seen what we do and how we're doing things.
It's now up to Hakstol to make some changes or we'll end up more like last years Ducks.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Tampa is such a good team that they rarely have to put out real effort until the playoffs. They have nothing to prove by overplaying their hand in the regular season. What they did last night was play in such a way that exposed the Kraken because they could, something a team who has been to the last 3 Cup Finals should be able to do to any team on any given night at their whim. This was not the Florida Panthers, or the Washington Capitals. This was a team that is ACTUALLY GOOD... something that the Kraken probably are not. Doesn't mean the Kraken won't win more games, or push for the playoffs, but it means the much better team won last night, as should be the case most of the time against any other team.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Ya, that wasn't a "stinker" so much as it was a beat down. They are simply a much better team and they brought their game in all areas.
I think maybe some people have been fooled because of the weakness of our own division. Tampa's division is a whole other thing and if we were in that one we'd be near or at bottom.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Ya, that wasn't a "stinker" so much as it was a beat down. They are simply a much better team and they brought their game in all areas.
I think maybe some people have been fooled because of the weakness of our own division. Tampa's division is a whole other thing and if we were in that one we'd be near or at bottom.

Frankly, I was worried before the game that this type of result was coming. Not because of anything except Jon Coopers comments on the Kraken. It was abundantly clear he was taking this game seriously and believed his team was playing a team that they needed to take seriously.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Frankly, I was worried before the game that this type of result was coming. Not because of anything except Jon Coopers comments on the Kraken. It was abundantly clear he was taking this game seriously and believed his team was playing a team that they needed to take seriously.
and I do think they have improved into a team that does need to be taken seriously. They can score and they can play hard and on nights when things come together they are capable of beating anyone, but the roster isn't very deep yet and if a few things misfire (eg. an off night for a goalie) it can fall apart quickly.

Kind of what you expect from a team in it's second year. I wouldn't worry, I think things are on the right track but as always we need patience.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
and I do think they have improved into a team that does need to be taken seriously. They can score and they can play hard and on nights when things come together they are capable of beating anyone, but the roster isn't very deep yet and if a few things misfire (eg. an off night for a goalie) it can fall apart quickly.

Kind of what you expect from a team in it's second year. I wouldn't worry, I think things are on the right track but as always we need patience.
Absolutely. I think the trademark of our team is effort and depth. We have no superstars to 'carry' the team and on nights where the effort isn't all there, which is not unusual, the team will be outplayed by more talented teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad