GDT: Game #28 of the season Kings visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 12 - 2 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Ultimately the ducks just aren't talented enough to remain in the picture for long, they were way outplayed by a rebuilding team, but one that still has a number 1 center and an elite D. Just watching the games it won't be surprising if we're last in the west you can't really point at any team and say we're clearly more talented than

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
If you replace him with Mahura or Wideman than I agree. What I don't want to see happen is the Ducks abandon the offensive D prospects just to be competitive.
I agree, but Guhle looks so overmatched sometimes, he doesn't even look like he's able to use his athletic tools.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ultimately the ducks just aren't talented enough to remain in the picture for long, they were way outplayed by a rebuilding team, but one that still has a number 1 center and an elite D. Just watching the games it won't be surprising if we're last in the west you can't really point at any team and say we're clearly more talented than
Yeah, but by the same token there aren’t a lot of teams that we are clearly worse than either. 28 games in, the Ducks are one of six teams within 3 points of the last playoff spot. Eight teams are within 7 points of that position.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But, but, but... he has no goals so he must suck and is very, very cold. ::: tongue in cheek :::

Like to see this team with Manson back and a fully healthy D. The RHD acquisition is likely becoming a pipe dream at this point. Doesn’t seem like the right time now. Unless maybe it’s a roster for roster swap.

Special teams were the difference in this game, wasn’t a lot of penalties but they were able to convert the PP they had. They kept shooting and took one timers. That’s how you score PP goals. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

For the previous two games, we came away with 1 point and being an equal team or better. This game, we're meh, but unlike the previous two games, we scored on the only PP opportunity we got. Whereas in the previous two games we went 0-3 against the Yotes and 0-2 against the Jets. That PP goal made a significant difference.

I dunno who identified it on the TV telecast, but so far the trend of "the Ducks win when they get out-shot" appears to hold. It's crazy, but hey, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good b/c those many times we were good we lost points. Thus, I'm delighted for the respite before meeting up with the Caps and Jets once again at the end of the week.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
That game felt like a Carlyle game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think once we drop holnzer and ghule as a dpair. We should be good a goal or two less against a game..

Also, with Manson, they are like a 2.18 GA/GP average, without him they are like 3.63 GA/GP. One of those guys will drop out, and if they can add another Top 4 RHD, which is really needed for both defense and the PP, then will have one last spot for all these 6's and 7's to fight for.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Watching the Kings again last night reminded me of how putrid their offensive philosophy is. Who cares if you have 35 shots per game? Only 5 of them are actually dangerous. The throw everything to the net mentality is the most overrated philosophy in hockey.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think once we drop holnzer and ghule as a dpair. We should be good a goal or two less against a game..
I know several fans are wishing for it but I`m afraid it`s not how it will go. Holzer is certainly not irreplacable but he brings a certain skillset that others in our system below him will just struggle to deliver.
Holzer is a very solid bottom pair defenseman. There, I said it. It just happens he has to average 17:30 a game this year.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Also, with Manson, they are like a 2.18 GA/GP average, without him they are like 3.63 GA/GP. One of those guys will drop out, and if they can add another Top 4 RHD, which is really needed for both defense and the PP, then will have one last spot for all these 6's and 7's to fight for.
Ding ding ding

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I know several fans are wishing for it but I`m afraid it`s not how it will go. Holzer is certainly not irreplacable but he brings a certain skillset that others in our system below him will just struggle to deliver.
Holzer is a very solid bottom pair defenseman. There, I said it. It just happens he has to average 17:30 a game this year.
I agree. He’s a 6-7 guy, but he’s not being remotely sheltered this year and isn’t horrible. He makes a number of good plays both offensive and defensively that get ignored by most, and he’s good at message sending. He makes the gaffes that you expect from a bottom pair guy, but he also plays 5-7 more minutes more than a bottom pair guy typically would. IF they can find a middle pair D for Fowler he will get bumped for Gudbranson, but I don’t see that happening this year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Lindholm is a 1D. He’s just more defensive oriented What the ducks lack is a corresponding offensive 1D. BM needs to be aggressive in pursuing that player, whether through the draft or through trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad