Laval Rocket: Game 28: Laval @ Belleville (Laval Wins 3-0)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good fight by Brook. Took a couple of hard lefts early, but came back with four rights. Other guy fell first, so Brook with the win!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Wow, the baby Sens actually have a player named Angus Crookshank.

tenor.gif

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Offer Bouchard a giant contract to stay as our developmental coach in the AHL. Honestly, in an expanding league with an ever limited pool of talent? You better have a world class development system. We seem to have one in Bouchard.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Offer Bouchard a giant contract to stay as our developmental coach in the AHL. Honestly, in an expanding league with an ever limited pool of talent? You better have a world class development system. We seem to have one in Bouchard.

Ideally, we'd keep Bouchard in charge of prospect development in the AHL for a very long time; but I just don't see him being satisfied being a minor league coach regardless of money. The guy built l'Armada into a powerhouse Q team, and in his last few seasons there he was even starting to Moneyball it with the trades.

Now, he's built the Rocket into a competitive team that will hopefully be a constant presence in the AHL playoffs, after god knows how many years.

At some point NHL teams will try to poach him, even if it's not for a HC position.

Last edited:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Wow. Down by two, your goalie keeping you in it and you finish the 3rd with only 1 shot on goal?

Did Bellevile play really bad or did Laval play really well?

These kids are hungry and they want to win everything... too bad the "adult" Habs are starving and seem to have checked out already.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I’d love to see Bouchard stay with the Rocket another 1-2 years to keep developing them well and then become coach of the Habs with some of the kids moving up too. Then move him up to GM after 5 years :thumbu:. We need to keep him in the org as long as possible.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Wow. Down by two, your goalie keeping you in it and you finish the 3rd with only 1 shot on goal?

Did Bellevile play really bad or did Laval play really well?

These kids are hungry and they want to win everything... too bad the "adult" Habs are starving and seem to have checked out already.

Both. Laval was always first on the puck and Bellville did their best impression of last year's Detroit Red Wings.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ideally, we'd keep Bouchard in charge of prospect development in the AHL for a very long time; but I just don't see him being satisfied being a minor league coach regardless of money. The guy built l'Armada into a powerhouse Q team, and in his last few seasons there he was even starting to Moneyball it with the trades.

Now, he's built the Rocket into a competitive team that will hopefully be a constant presence in the AHL playoffs, after god knows how many years.

At some point NHL teams will try to poach him, even if it's not for a HC position.
Just remind him of what happened to the last outstanding developmental coach that was “poached” from us. I forget his name, I think Tampa had him for a while.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This is some great news...........he really seems to have had a great season down there........he will be on the team next year, based on what he has done this year.
I’d keep him in the AHL next year. Let’s see what happens when the leagues normalize into a regular season. No rush with this one. Just IMO.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad