BRUINS GDT Game 27 - Smurfs de Montréal at BRUINS - NESN, NHLN, SN, RDS, 92.9 WBOS-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
302526_091217144527_Smurf_snow.jpg

upload_2019-12-1_16-48-47.png

upload_2019-12-1_16-50-4.png

upload_2019-12-1_16-50-29.png

Who let Youppi play with the scoreboard??
upload_2019-12-1_16-54-25.png

Tonight's Officials

DM36.jpg
JS12.jpg

Referees
Dean Morton (36) - Peterborough, ON
Justin St. Pierre (12) - Dolbeau, QC

Linesmen Darren Gibbs (66), Brian Murphy (93)

National Anthems Todd Angilly

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Canadiens tonight in the 3rd of 4 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 18-3-5 thus far this season & are 10-0-4 on home ice … They are 6-2-3 vs. Atlantic Division opponents & are 11-2-5 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins playing game 2 of their 5-game home stand tonight (1-0-0), continuing with CAR on 12/3, CHI on 12/5 & COL on 12/7.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Jaroslav Halak is 1 game short of his 500th NHL game. - David Krejci is 1 goal short of his 200th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is 2 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jake DeBrusk is 4 points shy of his 100th NHL point. - Danton Heinen is 7 points shy of his 100th NHL point.

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for the 749th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 282-353-103-10 record and Montreal holding a 2,253-1,980 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 168-142-56-7 lifetime in home games vs. the Canadiens with a 1,084-1,012 scoring edge in those 373 contests. - The Bruins are 9-2-1 in their last 12 games vs. the Canadiens, including a 5-4 loss in Montreal on 11/5 & 8-1 win in Montreal on 11/26 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series … They are 3-1-1 in their last 5 vs. the Canadiens in Boston.

upload_2019-12-1_16-59-48.png

upload_2019-12-1_17-0-15.png

upload_2019-12-1_17-0-36.png

upload_2019-12-1_17-1-3.png

upload_2019-12-1_17-1-53.png

upload_2019-12-1_17-2-56.png

giphy.gif

:bruins:habs

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bergevin is a good GM. He has brought in Philip Danault, Jeff Petry, Shea Weber, Max Domi, Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar, Jonathan Drouin, Joel Armia — all acquired through deft trades. He was able to turn his biggest mistake at the draft table, Alex Galchenyuk, into Domi. A fair return on a No. 3 pick.

Meanwhile, does it matter that Julien is a quality human being, one of the best in the game? I think it does. Now more than ever. Look at a Bill Peters and you understand immediately that winning is not everything. Peters has plunged three organizations (the Flames, the Hurricanes and the as-yet-unborn Seattle franchise) into an escalating crisis.

Julien will never embarrass your organization. He will never abuse or mistreat a player, verbally or physically. He will never be a jerk to the media or the fans. Obviously, setting the bar at “better than Bill Peters” is pretty low, but Julien has won a Stanley Cup and he is one of the most respected coaches in the league, on and off the ice.

So take a deep breath, go with the flow, and try to be patient. Things are going to get better. I promise.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio

Bergevin is a good GM. He has brought in Philip Danault, Jeff Petry, Shea Weber, Max Domi, Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar, Jonathan Drouin, Joel Armia — all acquired through deft trades. He was able to turn his biggest mistake at the draft table, Alex Galchenyuk, into Domi. A fair return on a No. 3 pick.

Meanwhile, does it matter that Julien is a quality human being, one of the best in the game? I think it does. Now more than ever. Look at a Bill Peters and you understand immediately that winning is not everything. Peters has plunged three organizations (the Flames, the Hurricanes and the as-yet-unborn Seattle franchise) into an escalating crisis.

Julien will never embarrass your organization. He will never abuse or mistreat a player, verbally or physically. He will never be a jerk to the media or the fans. Obviously, setting the bar at “better than Bill Peters” is pretty low, but Julien has won a Stanley Cup and he is one of the most respected coaches in the league, on and off the ice.

So take a deep breath, go with the flow, and try to be patient. Things are going to get better. I promise.
funny stuff!! I laughed!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Best wishes to 'The Flower'

I hated what he did against the Bruins but never hated him

Canadiens great Guy Lafleur has successful lung surgery - Sportsnet.ca

At the request of the Lafleur family, the hockey club released a statement on Sunday about the additional procedure performed on Thursday.

"Guy Lafleur underwent surgery at the Centre Hospitalier de l’Universite de Montreal (CHUM) on November 28," the team said. "This procedure was performed in order to remove a lobe on one of his lungs, as well as to remove ganglions."

Lafleur had under gone heart surgery on Sept. 26.

The statement said the recent operation was successful and that Lafleur will remain under observation at the hospital before returning home in the coming days to continue his recovery.

Lafleur’s family thanked his medical team and hospital personnel for the care he’s received.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Delusional

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.

At the request of the Lafleur family, the hockey club released a statement on Sunday about the additional procedure performed on Thursday.

"Guy Lafleur underwent surgery at the Centre Hospitalier de l’Universite de Montreal (CHUM) on November 28," the team said. "This procedure was performed in order to remove a lobe on one of his lungs, as well as to remove ganglions."

The statement said the recent operation was successful and that Lafleur will remain under observation at the hospital before returning home in the coming days to continue his recovery.

Lafleur’s family thanked his medical team and hospital personnel for the care he’s received.
I all my many years of watching the Habs nobody scared the hell out of me when he had the puck like he did .

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

I hated him but also respected him

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This far into the season and our power play is till above 31%. Totally nuts

Maybe that's the reason the officials are trying so hard not to give the Bruins too many PP's ..but lots of penalties instead

"The Bruins PP is just not fair to the other teams so we have to ignore as many infractions against them as possible.. but don't be shy about giving them penalties" - from NHL officials minutes 2 weeks ago:sarcasm:

Reactions: Strafer

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Clode

france62

Jun 15, 2010
Would love a win ( surrounded by Habs fan at work ), would only feel sorry for 1 guy I work with lolllll

Reactions: BMC

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bruins riding high.
Habs stumbling and bumbling.

You know you're a longtime Bruins fan when you think both streaks will come to an end :confused:

I think it will be difficult for the Bruins to match the Habs intensity as the Habs need a win in the worst way and the Bruins really don't. Hopefully the superiority of our team will be enough to win the day.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I all my many years of watching the Habs nobody scared the hell out of me when he had the puck like he did .

Agree ...Guy Lafleur and Yvan Cournoyer were both scary to me back in the old days

...but the guys in stripes were even scarier :laugh:

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad