GDT: Game #27 of the season Jets visit Ducks 4:00 PM ET on 11 - 29 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Between the start time and this GDT only barely getting to page 5 I feel like this is necessary:

N8GTxN.gif

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
He has always been a good passer, but his play away from the puck on NHL level wasn't good in previous seasons. Laine used to lose a lot of puck battles or get the puck taken away from him easily before. Thus, he wasn't able to make those passes a lot that he is making this season. Now he has gotten better in those areas and the play doesn't die on his stick that much anymore. It is really surprising how much it has affected his assist totals, just to be able to win a battle and pass the puck to his teammate who then scores or makes a pass to the guy who scores. I wouldn't call him a terrific playmaker but he has high enough hockey IQ and vision to see who to pass the puck to. Also, the top line Connor-Scheifele-Laine has been money and everyone of them can score. Laine doesn't have to be the shooter on that line.
He has a one year deal? Not sure if I am correct on this however if he is looking for the big payday all those assists will help

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Maybe send someone down to the A tomorrow to rattle their feathers a little, Would like to see Eakins attempt to make some adjustments.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
We're about a week away from being last in the west. I really thought we'd score goals this year but I under estimated how our defense besides Fowler and Lindholm could help generate offense and puck movement. We've got to find a way to draft sign or trade for an elite OFD in the next few years.
Well when Manson gets back.........

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
We're about a week away from being last in the west. I really thought we'd score goals this year but I under estimated how our defense besides Fowler and Lindholm could help generate offense and puck movement. We've got to find a way to draft sign or trade for an elite OFD in the next few years.
It's almost as if we had Shea Theodore and gave him away in order to protect Kevin Bieksa...

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
There were quite a few guys who looked dangerous but didn't accomplish much. Gudbranson got the most bang for his buck today, so good for him.
It is sad but the reality of a rebuild. This is why we cant get stuck in mediocrity. OurbfNs will stop showing up. Load on young assets and get a top pick so we can come out the other side as a legit contender.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
It is sad but the reality of a rebuild. This is why we cant get stuck in mediocrity. OurbfNs will stop showing up. Load on young assets and get a top pick so we can come out the other side as a legit contender.
95% of the posters here think we are in a good spot being first round fodder.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still feel optimistic they had some big wins in the last few or so games and against top teams. Their schedule and injuries have not helped either. They need to put together a nice string of wins and are right back in it. Still feel this team has not played to their potential. It’s also nice seeing vets like Getzlaf, Rakell, and Fowler off to strong seasons. Just have to be patient with the kids who I think are showing signs of growth.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
So Kings won against Jets, and are without 2 points of us. Next game we meet them. Not sure I'm looking forward to it seeing how we are playing right now.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I think these things to work themselves out. If you’re a well-run organization, you’ll rise to the top and if you’re not, you won’t. Intentionally tanking won’t save you if you aren’t and you won’t get stuck in mediocrity if you are.

And that is triply true in the lottery system we have now, where even if there’s a true generational talent, you can at best guarantee yourself a 50/50 shot at them.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->