GDT: Game #27 of the season Jets visit Ducks 4:00 PM ET on 11 - 29 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
BOUd3V.gif

15 - 9 - 1 for 31 points with a Road Record of 9 - 4 - 0 and are 7 - 2 - 1 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Ehlers with 11
Assists: Laine with 16

vs.

MerryFlawlessBooby-size_restricted.gif

11 - 11 - 4 for 26 points with a Home Record of 7 - 4 - 2 and are 2 - 5 - 3 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Silfverberg and Getzlaf with 9
Assists: Getzlaf with 11

s-l300.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The worst scheduled game of the season!

(unless you're European)
Very well above average scheduled time. Sincerely, an European fan. :laugh:

Jets are doing surprisingly well with that thin defence. Their F group is very deep but I admit they have surprised me, I thought they would struggle greatly this season.

Their F`s will be a big test for our defence. We will have to protect our net well. But also we should be able to get some nice looks the other way. Could be a lot of goals in this game.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Laine the assists leader. Who would've thought?

He has always been a good passer, but his play away from the puck on NHL level wasn't good in previous seasons. Laine used to lose a lot of puck battles or get the puck taken away from him easily before. Thus, he wasn't able to make those passes a lot that he is making this season. Now he has gotten better in those areas and the play doesn't die on his stick that much anymore. It is really surprising how much it has affected his assist totals, just to be able to win a battle and pass the puck to his teammate who then scores or makes a pass to the guy who scores. I wouldn't call him a terrific playmaker but he has high enough hockey IQ and vision to see who to pass the puck to. Also, the top line Connor-Scheifele-Laine has been money and everyone of them can score. Laine doesn't have to be the shooter on that line.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Some hot/cold players coming into the game

Hot
Getzlaf has 8 points his last 6 games
Fowler has 6 points his last 4 games
Rakell has 7 points his last 7 games
Kase has 5 pts his last 7 games
Terry is directly responsible for 4 of our last 6 goals

Cold:
Silfverberg has 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 6 games
Henrique has 0 points in his last 6 games
Lindholm has 0 points in his last 6 games

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Hot

Cold:
Lindholm has zero goals as well, MDZ, Larsson, Guhle, Gudbranson, have more goals then him already.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking at the teams numbers, they are 10th in the league with 54 Goals (5 on 5), 1 behind Edmonton and 3 behind Washington.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Hot

Cold:

Lindholm has zero goals as well, MDZ, Larsson, Guhle, Gudbranson, have more goals then him already.

Lindholm has played 3 games since his return from injury on Nov 23rd. The previous game before then was Nov 5th. At Nov. 5, Lindholm lead the team with 9 assists. Seems like cherry picking to me. I mean if you can say "Terry is directly responsible for 4 of our last 6 goals", then why can't you also say, "Lindholm is directly responsible for Fowler's 5 points in the past 3 games".

With Lindholm in the lineup recently, Fowler has 5 points in three games with a + 4 plus/minus rating. Since Lindholm fell to injury on Nov 5, Fowler managed 2 points in six games with a -2 plus/minus rating.

These comments feel like legacy commentary about Lindholm like always. Lindholm doesn't possess the "counting stats" and isn't as valuable as Fowler, who does put up "counting stats". It's odd b/c Lindholm was leading the team in assist in 15 games, when he fell to injury. Now, Lindholm is still a top-10 scorer for the Ducks with only 18 games played. Everyone else above him has played more games than him, with a max of 26 games.

Sure, Lindholm doesn't have points, but his effect on the team weighs far more than "counting stats" as it helps to result in points.

Without Lindholm
GamesDatePFPADiff
1810-Nov26-4
1912-Nov34-1OT
2014-Nov35-2
2116-Nov413w
2218-Nov25-3
2321-Nov45-1OT
Sum 1826-8
Average 34.333333-1.33333
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

versus

With Lindholm
GamesDateGFGADiff
2423-Nov26-4
2525-Nov303w
2627-Nov330sol
Sum 89-1
Average 2.6666673-0.33333
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Although I'd like Lindholm to score more points, just his presence on the ice alone carries immense value to this team than "individual counting stats". We have three points in three games. We've reduced the average goals against by over a goal. We've reduced our average goal differential by a whole goal. I like those "team counting stats". But hey, let's continue to look down on Lindholm as if his presence isn't a positive one.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Looking at the teams numbers, they are 10th in the league with 54 Goals (5 on 5), 1 behind Edmonton and 3 behind Washington.

But it's our special teams that is holding the team back, sadly:
  • PP: 7 goals (last in the league), 10.3% efficiency (2nd to last in the league)
  • PK: 20 goals (7th most in the league), 76.7% efficiency (23rd best in the league)

What's funny is that PK has 5 short-handed goals. LoL

On another website, I did some research to respond to comparing RC's first 26 games to Eakins' 26 games. They focused only on Even Strength play, but neglected special teams play.
  • RC's first 26 games PP: 16.1% efficiency

Instead of using RC as a comparison, I wanted to see the PP comparison with Murray's tenure as head coach (the last 26 games).
  • Murray's 26 games PP: 21.8% efficiency

It can't be the players because the players are similar to who we had last year, with the kids having an off-season to improve and with Kase being available (b/c Kase didn't play under Murray). The problem is coaching and coaching decisions. ::: sighs ::: This identification is sad.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But it's our special teams that is holding the team back, sadly:
  • PP: 7 goals (last in the league), 10.3% efficiency (2nd to last in the league)
  • PK: 20 goals (7th most in the league), 76.7% efficiency (23rd best in the league)

What's funny is that PK has 5 short-handed goals. LoL

On another website, I did some research to respond to comparing RC's first 26 games to Eakins' 26 games. They focused only on Even Strength play, but neglected special teams play.
  • RC's first 26 games PP: 16.1% efficiency

Instead of using RC as a comparison, I wanted to see the PP comparison with Murray's tenure as head coach (the last 26 games).
  • Murray's 26 games PP: 21.8% efficiency

It can't be the players because the players are similar to who we had last year, with the kids having an off-season to improve and with Kase being available (b/c Kase didn't play under Murray). The problem is coaching and coaching decisions. ::: sighs ::: This identification is sad.

yeah I’m glad you brought it up. Their PP has been so bad it’s cost them games and points. They need a decent PP not even a great one and will see a difference. But yeah it’s the execution more so then the players I think. Sure adding that RHD will help but only if the execution is better as well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm has played 3 games since his return from injury on Nov 23rd. The previous game before then was Nov 5th. At Nov. 5, Lindholm lead the team with 9 assists. Seems like cherry picking to me. I mean if you can say "Terry is directly responsible for 4 of our last 6 goals", then why can't you also say, "Lindholm is directly responsible for Fowler's 5 points in the past 3 games".

With Lindholm in the lineup recently, Fowler has 5 points in three games with a + 4 plus/minus rating. Since Lindholm fell to injury on Nov 5, Fowler managed 2 points in six games with a -2 plus/minus rating.

These comments feel like legacy commentary about Lindholm like always. Lindholm doesn't possess the "counting stats" and isn't as valuable as Fowler, who does put up "counting stats". It's odd b/c Lindholm was leading the team in assist in 15 games, when he fell to injury. Now, Lindholm is still a top-10 scorer for the Ducks with only 18 games played. Everyone else above him has played more games than him, with a max of 26 games.

Sure, Lindholm doesn't have points, but his effect on the team weighs far more than "counting stats" as it helps to result in points.

Without Lindholm
GamesDatePFPADiff
1810-Nov26-4
1912-Nov34-1OT
2014-Nov35-2
2116-Nov413w
2218-Nov25-3
2321-Nov45-1OT
Sum1826-8
Average34.333333-1.33333
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
versus

With Lindholm
GamesDateGFGADiff
2423-Nov26-4
2525-Nov303w
2627-Nov330sol
Sum89-1
Average2.6666673-0.33333
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Although I'd like Lindholm to score more points, just his presence on the ice alone carries immense value to this team than "individual counting stats". We have three points in three games. We've reduced the average goals against by over a goal. We've reduced our average goal differential by a whole goal. I like those "team counting stats". But hey, let's continue to look down on Lindholm as if his presence isn't a positive one.

I see the joke about Terry’s production went way over your head...

In regards to the numbers they’re just recent numbers - I’m not claiming anything from them, just listing who is hot and cold according to the boxscores.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
yeah I’m glad you brought it up. Their PP has been so bad it’s cost them games and points. They need a decent PP not even a great one and will see a difference. But yeah it’s the execution more so then the players I think. Sure adding that RHD will help but only if the execution is better as well.

I really don’t understand why people are currently harping on the power play like nothing has changed. It’s scored three times in the last 5 games and looked far more dangerous the entire time. (Yeah, the one goal occurred 3 seconds after the PP ended, but it was caused by the PP and the player hasn’t rejoined the play yet).

the groupings have changed, Fowler and Lindholm are our together for part of it, there are very different set plays that are being attempted than from 2 weeks ago...it’s not the same.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don’t understand why people are currently harping on the power play like nothing has changed. It’s scored three times in the last 5 games and looked far more dangerous the entire time. (Yeah, the one goal occurred 3 seconds after the PP ended, but it was caused by the PP and the player hasn’t rejoined the play yet).

the groupings have changed, Fowler and Lindholm are our together for part of it, there are very different set plays that are being attempted than from 2 weeks ago...it’s not the same.

It’s certainly looked better as of late, I just hope they can build on it and not go back to how it was to start the season.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad