GDT: Game #27 Mar 4th Canucks host Leafs / 7pm PST/ 10pm EST/ Mar 5th 4am CET/ 11am HKT/ 2pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

:nucks
LWCRWForwards

TANNER PEARSON
Rating: 73.7#38 LW​

BO HORVAT
Rating: 74.8#34 C​

JAKE VIRTANEN
Rating: 72.0#78 RW​
FL1 Rating
Rating: 73.52#25 FL1​

J.T. MILLER
Rating: 78.5#7 LW​

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Rating: 77.7#14 C​

BROCK BOESER
Rating: 74.1#41 RW​
FL2 Rating
Rating: 76.78#3 FL2​

BRANDON SUTTER
Rating: 70.1#131 C​

ADAM GAUDETTE
Rating: 70.2#130 RW​
FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.15#28 FL3​

ANTOINE ROUSSEL
Rating: 71.0#97 LW​

JAY BEAGLE
Rating: 68.4#163 C​

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.70#27 FL4​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

ALEXANDER EDLER

Rating: 74.3#26 LD

NATE SCHMIDT

Rating: 75.5#18 RD
DL1 Rating
Rating: 74.89#16 DL1

QUINN HUGHES

Rating: 75.2#15 LD

TRAVIS HAMONIC

Rating: 72.8#45 RD
DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.99#6 DL2

JORDIE BENN

Rating: 70.9#101 LD

TYLER MYERS

Rating: 72.6#50 RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GOALIES

BRADEN HOLTBY

Rating: 65.4#50 G1

THATCHER DEMKO

Rating: 66.3#42 G2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
4E6DB87B-1430-497F-B306-6F6EDF6ABD4F.png

2A402249-E972-4546-8BBC-A09EEC9F538D.png

2314FB14-9748-48F6-AEBF-7CC965702F40.png

:leafs
LWCRWForwards

JOE THORNTON

Rating: 72.3#74 LW

AUSTON MATTHEWS

Rating: 82.3#6 C

MITCH MARNER

Rating: 76.6#18 RW
FL1 Rating
Rating: 77.06#8 FL1

ALEXANDER KERFOOT

Rating: 70.8#113 LW

JOHN TAVARES

Rating: 77.6#15 C

WILLIAM NYLANDER

Rating: 76.1#23 RW
FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.83#9 FL2

ILYA MIKHEYEV

Rating: 74.0#42 LW

PIERRE ENGVALL

Rating: 71.0#98 C

ZACH HYMAN

Rating: 74.6#33 RW
FL3 Rating
Rating: 73.20#5 FL3

JIMMY VESEY

Rating: 70.6#107 LW

TRAVIS BOYD

Rating: 70.4#124 C

JASON SPEZZA

Rating: 69.4#126 RW
FL4 Rating
Rating: 70.15#23 FL4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

MORGAN RIELLY

Rating: 75.3#14 LD

T.J. BRODIE

Rating: 74.2#27 RD
DL1 Rating
Rating: 74.76#17 DL1

JAKE MUZZIN

Rating: 75.1#17 LD

JUSTIN HOLL

Rating: 72.0#61 RD
DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.56#13 DL2

TRAVIS DERMOTT

Rating: 71.7#83 LD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GOALIES

FREDERIK ANDERSEN

Rating: 67.0#38 G1

MICHAEL HUTCHINSON

Rating: 65.3#53 G
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

F474163D-EF9D-4B58-BD15-E9B48A3B60AF.png
EB6E423F-52BB-4FF9-AE61-5CF90EF7911F.png
109BDBBD-6FB4-4809-AC77-A2AE8ECFDCD8.png

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
A woman is just getting out of the shower when the doorbell rings. Her husband, heading to the shower himself, asks her to see who’s at the door, so she wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, her neighbour Rob is standing there.
Before she can say a word, Rob says, “I’ll give you $500 dollars to drop that towel you have on.”
After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of him. He looks for a few seconds, hands her $500 dollars, and leaves. Excited about her earnings, the woman puts the towel back on and runs upstairs.
Her husband yells out from the shower, “Who was that?” “It was Rob from next door,” she replies. “Great,” the husband says. “Did he say anything about the $500 dollars he owes me?”

————————————————————————
A man wakes up in the morning to find a bear on his roof, so he looks up ‘Bear Removers’, calls them up, and the remover says he’ll be over in 30 minutes.
When the bear remover arrives, he’s got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull.
“What are you going to do?” the homeowner asks.
“I’m going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I’m going to go
up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van.”
He hands the shotgun to the homeowner.
“What’s this for?” asks the homeowner?
“If the bear knocks me off the roof, shoot the dog.”

——————————————————————————
A recent bride accompanied her husband to the doctor’s office. After the checkup, the doctor took the bride aside and said, “If you don’t do the following, your husband will surely die.”
Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast, including hot chocolate and Belgium waffles, and send him off to work with a kiss on his cheek and in a good mood.
At lunchtime, make him a warm, nutritious meal and put him in a good frame of mind before he goes back to work.
For dinner, fix an especially nice meal, and don’t burden him with household chores.
At night, make love with him several times a week. Be tender with him, do whatever he asks you to do as if you were on another honeymoon, and satisfy his every whim.”
Afterwards, on the way home, the husband asked his wife what the doctor had said.
“You’re going to die,” she replied.

———————————————————————————
Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee after Mass.
The first Catholic man tells his friends, “My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him ‘Father’.”
The second Catholic man chirps, “My son is a Bishop, when he walks into a room people call him ‘Your Grace’.”
The third Catholic man says, “My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone says ‘Your Eminence’.”
The fourth Catholic man says, “My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him ‘Your Holiness’.”
Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men gave her a look and one said, “Well….?”
She proudly replies, “I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38 Double D breasts, 24″ waist, and 34″ hips. When she walks into a room, people say, “Oh My God."

————————————————————————————

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden he said out loud, “Lord grant me one wish.” Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said, “Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish”.
The man said, ‘Build me a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to.”
The Lord said, “Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me.”
The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, “Lord, I have been married and divorced four times. All of my wives said that I am uncaring and insensitive. I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say “nothing” and how I can make a woman truly happy.”
After a few minutes God said, “You want two lanes or four on that bridge?”
———————————————————————————-

An Aussie truck driver walks into an outback cafe with a full grown emu. The waitress asks them for their orders. The truckie says, ‘A hamburger, chips and a beer please,’ and turns to his pal. ‘I’ll have the same,’ says the emu. A short time later the waitress returns with the order. ‘That’ll be $9.40 please.’ He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.
The next day they return and the truckie orders a hamburger, chips and a beer, and the emu says, ‘I’ll have the same.’ Again the truckie reaches into his pocket and pays with the exact change. This becomes routine until the two enter again.
‘The usual?’ asks the waitress. ‘No, it’s Friday night, so I’ll have a steak, baked potato, salad and a martini,’ says the man. ‘Same,’ says the emu. Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, ‘That will be $32.62.’ Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table. The waitress cannot contain her curiosity any longer.
‘Excuse me mate, but how do you manage to come up with the exact change in your pocket every time?’
‘Well love, a few years ago I was cleaning out the back shed when I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there.’
‘That’s brilliant!’ says the waitress. ‘Most people would ask for a million dollars or something, but you’ll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!’
‘That’s right. Whether it’s a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact amount is always there.’
The waitress asks him, ‘So what’s with the bloody emu?’
The truckie sighs, pauses and answers, ‘My second wish was for a tall bird with a big arse and long legs who agrees with everything I say.

FDB639B0-5D20-4382-A8BC-5BD5C4920E96.gif
2689B77F-C9AC-435D-A4B5-E3EAC7DE7505.gif
005A726B-602A-4012-9291-483DB394F29E.gif
8681F778-32DE-45F0-A96E-188D857E579F.gif
A8D0FD6E-5887-4F5C-8719-D99A16B8E6E8.gif
B2B686DB-E7C0-4C4B-AB45-A1BBF3ED4AE3.gif
0BC37A2B-F251-4ACD-9943-5BAEE6453FA0.gif
E28A9D4D-099A-4676-AB97-332CBFA17116.gif
428E8003-22E9-43D4-B756-11286DECD7FC.gif

5CD6C1C7-038E-4690-8EBC-F225EAB7CA87.jpeg

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
A woman is just getting out of the shower when the doorbell rings. Her husband, heading to the shower himself, asks her to see who’s at the door, so she wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, her neighbour Rob is standing there.
Before she can say a word, Rob says, “I’ll give you $500 dollars to drop that towel you have on.”
After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of him. He looks for a few seconds, hands her $500 dollars, and leaves. Excited about her earnings, the woman puts the towel back on and runs upstairs.
Her husband yells out from the shower, “Who was that?” “It was Rob from next door,” she replies. “Great,” the husband says. “Did he say anything about the $500 dollars he owes me?”

————————————————————————
A man wakes up in the morning to find a bear on his roof, so he looks up ‘Bear Removers’, calls them up, and the remover says he’ll be over in 30 minutes.
When the bear remover arrives, he’s got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull.
up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van.”

A recent bride accompanied her husband to the doctor’s office. After the checkup, the doctor took the bride aside and said, “If you don’t do the following, your husband will surely die.”
Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast, including hot chocolate and Belgium waffles, and send him off to work with a kiss on his cheek and in a good mood.
At lunchtime, make him a warm, nutritious meal and put him in a good frame of mind before he goes back to work.
For dinner, fix an especially nice meal, and don’t burden him with household chores.
At night, make love with him several times a week. Be tender with him, do whatever he asks you to do as if you were on another honeymoon, and satisfy his every whim.”
Afterwards, on the way home, the husband asked his wife what the doctor had said.

The first Catholic man tells his friends, “My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him ‘Father’.”
The second Catholic man chirps, “My son is a Bishop, when he walks into a room people call him ‘Your Grace’.”
The third Catholic man says, “My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone says ‘Your Eminence’.”
The fourth Catholic man says, “My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him ‘Your Holiness’.”
Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men gave her a look and one said, “Well….?”
She proudly replies, “I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38 Double D breasts, 24″ waist, and 34″ hips. When she walks into a room, people say, “Oh My God."

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden he said out loud, “Lord grant me one wish.” Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said, “Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish”.
The man said, ‘Build me a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to.”
The Lord said, “Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me.”
The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, “Lord, I have been married and divorced four times. All of my wives said that I am uncaring and insensitive. I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say “nothing” and how I can make a woman truly happy.”

An Aussie truck driver walks into an outback cafe with a full grown emu. The waitress asks them for their orders. The truckie says, ‘A hamburger, chips and a beer please,’ and turns to his pal. ‘I’ll have the same,’ says the emu. A short time later the waitress returns with the order. ‘That’ll be $9.40 please.’ He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.
The next day they return and the truckie orders a hamburger, chips and a beer, and the emu says, ‘I’ll have the same.’ Again the truckie reaches into his pocket and pays with the exact change. This becomes routine until the two enter again.
‘The usual?’ asks the waitress. ‘No, it’s Friday night, so I’ll have a steak, baked potato, salad and a martini,’ says the man. ‘Same,’ says the emu. Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, ‘That will be $32.62.’ Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table. The waitress cannot contain her curiosity any longer.
‘Excuse me mate, but how do you manage to come up with the exact change in your pocket every time?’
‘Well love, a few years ago I was cleaning out the back shed when I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there.’
‘That’s brilliant!’ says the waitress. ‘Most people would ask for a million dollars or something, but you’ll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!’
‘That’s right. Whether it’s a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact amount is always there.’
The truckie sighs, pauses and answers, ‘My second wish was for a tall bird with a big arse and long legs who agrees with everything I say.

Since GP is the one posting these... is it fair to call these dad jokes???

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
7-1 Leafs with the Leafs hitting three or four posts too. Our loan goal will be a Sutter shorty when the game is out of reach and will be a thing of beauty. Then he will hibernate for a week or so

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Our systems (especially the juvenile forecheck) bleeds high danger chances. The Leafs are really good in transition, especially when given time and space to make plays across the ice.
8-3

Reactions: Ginger Papa

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

————————————————————————

Thanks as always, @GingerPapa! I like the addition of the jokes! :)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Can’t wait to see what trash defense pairings Green can think of for today’s game.

—our bottom 6 will probably get completely dominated.
—Pettersson and co should be good
— hopefully Hughes doesn’t Try to do much and keeps it simple.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks as always, @GingerPapa! I like the addition of the jokes! :)

Not bad sir. I'll add one, with apologies to blond females...

Young blond is flying down the road in her little sports car, top down, music cranked, Wayyy over the speed limit. Finally a cop pulls her over, and walks up to her door. "You were going way over the limit back there, can I see your license please?". The woman rummages through her purse, obviously very confused. "I'm sorry" she says "license? Can you tell me what it looks like?". The cop sighs.. "it's about the size of a credit card, and has your picture on it". The woman hunts again... pulls out a small makeup mirror and looks at it, sees her picture, and hands it to the cop. The cop, who it turns out is also a blond female, takes a long look at the mirror and hands it back to her, and says "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a cop, you can go".

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I can envision an against the grain win here. Leafs played yesterday. Canucks are going with there actual goalie instead of a cardboard cutout. Could be one of those games where the Leafs' arms are so tired from scoring against the Oilers they can barely shoot.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Canucks Army brought up a few changes that might be worth looking at:

3 ways the Vancouver Canucks can shake up their lineup to find a spark on offence (Sven Baertschi is one of them)

Not sure if Baertschi can still contribute in the top 6 but surely he could still chip in on the 3rd line over the likes of someone like Roussel? Gaudette in the top 6 is a definite must-try however and should've happened weeks ago... and yet here we are still.

When nothing's working, what's the sense in keeping everything the same? Miller to the 3rd line lasted all of 1 measly game, lol.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
You have to put yourself in Toronto's shoes.
Vancouver is out of it, currently the joke of the league.
They played just last night.
They will rest, this will be a no hitter.
They really don't care if they win or lose this one.
This is probably a personal game for the players, points night regardless of the score.
It is a little to early to start setting up the pieces for the playoffs yet.

I look for very little effort from TO, no hitter
Another Beer League all-star game only with less hitting

All that going for the Canucks the pressure will crush them, Demko will let in an easy one.
Hughes will be on the ice for 3 goals against

7-4 TO

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad