GDT: Game 27 - CBJ vs ARI - 3 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Quickly approaching the 10 point threshold. Not that it really matters, we're pretty f***ed unfortunately. The kids we were relying on weren't ready, and aside from Dubois and at time Bjorkstrand, nobody has stepped up to fill in the gaps left by those who left. The score by committee approach is long gone.

Time to bring back an old avatar..

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Just got home from the game. As a STH I have to say what a let down and disappointment this season has already been. This team has no life, and no identity. Passes are tape to skate. The FO has done the fan base no favors. The talent level on the team has not improved over last year, in fact, many players have regressed. The grand hope of being $10 million under the cap is a pipe dream. Money not spent. The Conventional Wisdom that we need the space to pay players who will become RFA’s next year is foolishness. Why pay Anderson millions of dollars when this is the production we get? If we are going to pay him because of his potential I can think of many other players who have potential but don’t deliver. This season is a bitter disappointment. I at least thought we would be competing for a playoff spot. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. Korpi wasn’t the problem tonight, in fact he has played rather well the last few games. I agree with most of you, we need to let the kids play. They can improve. They can give us hope. All I know is what is being put out on the ice presently isn’t working. And shows no signs of working.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I’m not even going to lie, I thought Wennberg was scratched this game. Didn’t even know he was on the ice. I’m not a Wennberg fan but I can’t believe I’m saying it to this extent and actually meaning it..

might need to sit him

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Just got home from the game. As a STH I have to say what a let down and disappointment this season has already been. This team has no life, and no identity. Passes are tape to skate. The FO has done the fan base no favors. The talent level on the team has not improved over last year, in fact, many players have regressed. The grand hope of being $10 million under the cap is a pipe dream. Money not spent. The Conventional Wisdom that we need the space to pay players who will become RFA’s next year is foolishness. Why pay Anderson millions of dollars when this is the production we get? If we are going to pay him because of his potential I can think of many other players who have potential but don’t deliver. This season is a bitter disappointment. I at least thought we would be competing for a playoff spot. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. Korpi wasn’t the problem tonight, in fact he has played rather well the last few games. I agree with most of you, we need to let the kids play. They can improve. They can give us hope. All I know is what is being put out on the ice presently isn’t working. And shows no signs of working.

I feel your pain.

One thought that popped into my head was that me might get a bargain of a deal if we re-sign Anderson based on this years performance.. if he returns to his “expected” level of play.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
All of this was expected after the exodus and zero moves by Jarmo

Reactions: DJAnimosity

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Just got home from the game. As a STH I have to say what a let down and disappointment this season has already been. This team has no life, and no identity.

It's not about winning. It's about their love for the City and the Franchise. :)

But I agree this season is on management for putting this cast of characters together and thinking they could compete. Not saying the regression of the players is on anyone except the players themselves.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Quickly approaching the 10 point threshold. Not that it really matters, we're pretty ****ed unfortunately. The kids we were relying on weren't ready, and aside from Dubois and at time Bjorkstrand, nobody has stepped up to fill in the gaps left by those who left. The score by committee approach is long gone.

Time to bring back an old avatar..

Actually they are only 6 out of a playoff spot and have been there or better for awhile now. Also if you look at who is above them there are a few teams that are suspect but there are 2 teams that I fully expect to finish strong - Tampa Bay & Toronto. I see no hope for the Jackets to make it.

And funny when I was reading an earlier post of yours I thought this exact thing. Welcome back!

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Torts run is nearing the end . Kukan could be a stud , the young guys were a bright spot tonight , aside from Bemstrom whom was scratched , having 7 points in the last 11 games
Let's get a little bit of context here. Bemstrom has 7 points in his last 11 games, true, but he has 1 point in his last 6. He got a day off to regroup, deal with it. You have been crying about the young guys playing, here is something like you throw around. Milano has played big minutes the last 2 games. He has created numerous chances and made some nice passes, and has an assist. He also has a team leading -4, the exact goal difference of the last 2 games. See, anyone can throw out numbers.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Let's get a little bit of context here. Bemstrom has 7 points in his last 11 games, true, but he has 1 point in his last 6. He got a day off to regroup, deal with it. You have been crying about the young guys playing, here is something like you throw around. Milano has played big minutes the last 2 games. He has created numerous chances and made some nice passes, and has an assist. He also has a team leading -4, the exact goal difference of the last 2 games. See, anyone can throw out numbers.

I'm not really advocating it but the fact remains Torts WILL be the guy to go and it could be sooner rather than later. I'd personally wait until the off season so I can conduct a thorough search. The Walrus though could be a temporary spark although he isnt my idea of the answer.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think it is obvious that Torts would be the one to go mainly because there is no one above Jarmo in rank that could jettison him for his horrendous performance as a GM this off season.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The coach is always the fall guy, whether it is legitimate, or ego driven. Torts will be the first to admit that, he has been fired enough. The coaching is the least problem on this team. Really, the more I think about it, benching some of these guys probably isn't going to do anything. I think the only people that can reach these guys is their teammates. The leaders on this team need to step up and do their job and maybe start calling some of these guys out, not necessarily in public, but in the room. Overall this team really isn't far off from being more competitive. A little bit of puck luck last night, that game could have ended completely different. Frankly, there really shouldn't be any discussion of the coach being fired until at least next year sometime, only if it is getting worse. Torts has earned the right to fix this.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The coach is always the fall guy, whether it is legitimate, or ego driven. Torts will be the first to admit that, he has been fired enough. The coaching is the least problem on this team. Really, the more I think about it, benching some of these guys probably isn't going to do anything. I think the only people that can reach these guys is their teammates. The leaders on this team need to step up and do their job and maybe start calling some of these guys out, not necessarily in public, but in the room. Overall this team really isn't far off from being more competitive. A little bit of puck luck last night, that game could have ended completely different. Frankly, there really shouldn't be any discussion of the coach being fired until at least next year sometime, only if it is getting worse. Torts has earned the right to fix this.
I think it is obvious that Torts would be the one to go mainly because there is no one above Jarmo in rank that could jettison him for his horrendous performance as a GM this off season.

Yep ,yep and yep.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Same things were being said about the team and GM before the team has done what they've done the last 3+ years.

These things have also been said at the beginning of each year or when the team is in a slump, playing bad, or like the real Bluejackets. Lost tiebreaker, playoff loss to Wash/Pit, sweep of TB, or not.

You guys aren't looking far enough into the past or far enough into the future.

And, its still early December. A couple bounces going for the CBJ and/or some type of smaller roster move makes this team a playoff team.

Cant wait for the unsustainable win streak that puts the team in playoff position that happens each year. Boiled, baked, or fried? Again.

Above all our TEAM, Our TEAM above all.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad