GDT: Game 27: Capitals @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+ - Annoyed I had to remake my graphic edition

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
:caps @ :coyotes
FSAZ+
7PM

FGNEbXK.jpg

With how often Chayka moves pieces around I should probably abandon this graphic idea :rant:

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Sounds like Chayka is hinting that we need all 3 of Raanta, Kuemps, and Hill in his latest quote on the Yotes website.

General Manager John Chayka has liked what he has seen from Hill thus far. He also likes the concept of having extended depth at goaltender once Raanta and Kuemper are both healthy.

"I think you need to let things play out," Chayka told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, the team's flagship radio station, on Wednesday. "It's a performance-based business and whoever is playing well plays ... To step in and do what (Hill) has done, it gets your attention, so credit to him. I think we need all three goalies, and we'll go from there."

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Didn't this team use to have a Russian defenceman somewhere?

Yeah, I like the six elected enough, it's just kind of strange if that Russian never gets to play... for, well, one of them... occasionally.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

I think there was a certain logic in rolling the same lineup while on the win streak. But Oesterle was dreck last game and I'd scratch him over it. He was relatively impressive in October but mediocre to bad since for the most part.

He's probably in part staying in the line up right now because he can log minutes. With Demers out that's a factor. Especially back when Goligoski was nursing whatever injury he had.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Yeah, I like the six elected enough, it's just kind of strange if that Russian never gets to play... for, well, one of them... occasionally.
Guess they're playing a winning hand...but I agree with you, love Lybushkin and was very surprised they didn't use him LA.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I personally like a lot of what Oesterle brings. He has his downsides but he's young and capable so I'm in no rush to send him off. Although I also do love Lybushkin and what he can do too for his role.

Having the options/depth is nice. Kudos to Chayka for getting that set up.
You do know that Oesterle is a UFA at seasons end and will want a big raise.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I like Oesterle, but Capabianco or Mermis is not a big drop off next year and POJ may be here the following year.

Reactions: RemoAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Some lurker named DemersIsOkay is going around liking various Demers related posts and this amuses me :laugh:
You should come post :P

He'll get a big raise on 650k. But I don't think he'll get a ton of money in the grand scheme of things.

KConn got 2year 1.375m AAV. Would be hard to justify much more then that for Oesterle unless he picks it up in the 2nd half. KConn had 250~ games NHL experience and a season where he scored 11 goals. Oesterle is about a year and a half younger but has much less experience (probably around 160 games by season's end) and so far is not on any pace to put up overly impressive point totals. I think Oesterle is generally more solid defensively (but not lately).

He's looking at 1 yr 1.7m or 2yr 1.5m IMO.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
I like Oesterle, but Capabianco or Mermis is not a big drop off next year and POJ may be here the following year.
I like Oesterle too - he is still young and gets rattled, but has some talent. Even without Wilson in the lineup tonight, the Caps are gonna be playing tough against our soft team, so would prefer Luba.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It's nice to see that scummy f*** Wilson on the receiving end for once. Keller will feel a lot safer, Wilson probably had an elbow ready for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad