GDT: Game 27 (about 1/3 mark): Jets @ Blackhawks 4pmCT (WGN,TSN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
oh my god, I bet.
I couldn't even imagine. That would only be topped by Game 6 vs Tampa

That is literally the only game I would trade places for. Close with the Preds game 5 at the UC where Hossa had the GWG just because that is my favorite Blackhawks playoff game ever.

Kero may as well get his name taken off the back of his jersey and replaced with 'placeholder'.

He's utterly replaceable. Just 'a guy'. A North American Nordstrom.

Dano has huge upside. He's struggling to anticipate though. All reaction thus far. And he could have 2 goals by now were it not for bad luck, let's also not forget that.

You keep giving him ice time. There's nothing left for him to learn in the AHL. He knows the system. He needs to learn by doing, not by doing-with-training-wheels.

I agree with everything besides your insight on Kero. I think he can be a pretty solid 3rd liner. Way more upside than Nordstrom and its not even close. Terrible comparison.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I agree with everything besides your insight on Kero. I think he can be a pretty solid 3rd liner. Way more upside than Nordstrom and its not even close. Terrible comparison.

Agree to disagree then. He's been utterly 'there' and not much else.

Also, not to piss in anybody's cheerios, but TVR was a team worst in possession AGAIN. This is not a 2nd pairing defensemen. Period.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I liked the game and effort. Hutchinson is a good goalie. Jets aren't that bad.

Bickell laid the hammer on Buff. He was very active and what you want from a 4 Million guy. Effort.
Very rough game Overall.

Happy to see Kane on the scoresheet again.

Garbutt just can't finish. Like he refuses to score a Goal. Other than that happy with his game.
I couldn't tell that Daley missed some of the game. Such a waste with this Cap Hit and taking away a roster spot for guys more deserving.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
It's mostly Foley. And, yeah, it's irritating. Just like hearing how the Steeger was bush league claiming TVR's goal...over and over and over...ad naseum.

Foley has been awfully curmudgeonly. I showed my roommate the clip of him complaining about the music being too loud during the Coyotes game and it's become a running joke with us.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Ah, so because he hasn't been inconsistent for his first 13 games as a Blackhawk, he's not good. Now I get where you're coming from...

Toews diddn't have a good start this year. Should we just waive him?

Now you are just being silly.

Dano hasn't been good because Dano hasn't been good. Will it change? Possibly.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I liked the game and effort. Hutchinson is a good goalie. Jets aren't that bad.

Bickell laid the hammer on Buff. He was very active and what you want from a 4 Million guy. Effort.
Very rough game Overall.

Happy to see Kane on the scoresheet again.

Garbutt just can't finish. Like he refuses to score a Goal. Other than that happy with his game.
I couldn't tell that Daley missed some of the game. Such a waste with this Cap Hit and taking away a roster spot for guys more deserving.

Okay, we get it. You don't like Daley. There's no need to keep repeating it every chance you can.... and btw, he's not nearly as bad as you keep claiming.

Back to the game: Blackhawks 2 goals were a perfect example of good things happening if you get the puck to the net. I hope Hawks' coaching staff stress that when they break this game down.

Kind of ironic that on the goal where Kaner beats Hull's record, the play would have been called dead back in Hull's day. (all hand passes were illegal then).

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Dano has more potential, brings more offensively and i want to see him back at RW. Kero is solid, brings effort and can check like crazy, also can be used on the PK...but i just think we already have enough of those type of players...we need some scoring and some offensive flare on that 3rd line. Already have a checking line and PK options with Desi-Kruger-Garbutt.

Next season I look for Danault as Hawks 3rd line center and Kero as his winger or as 4th line center.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Kero may as well get his name taken off the back of his jersey and replaced with 'placeholder'.

He's utterly replaceable. Just 'a guy'. A North American Nordstrom.

I completely agree. He doesn't do anything wrong, which is why you can play him up here, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he's more than that.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

It's a too early to make judgements on Kero's game. But I agree with your opinion. Kero's been responsible. Granted, his game's been kinda vanilla. But he's not been a dumpster fire. Haven't seen much offense thus far, but I think it'll come (which isn't to say he projects top 6).

Kiss of death. But I'm ok w/the assignment. Q knows what Kero can do and he'll get big minutes in Rockford.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Also, not to piss in anybody's cheerios, but TVR was a team worst in possession AGAIN. This is not a 2nd pairing defensemen. Period.

Agreed on TVR. Needs his minutes toned down but not gonna happen with Daley out now

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I'll never forget being at the UC for that game 7. Best money I've ever spent. :)

WOW. That Game 7 Detroit. Epic. Great one.

My top 2 are the 2013 OT win in Game 6 v LA and Game 6 in 1985 v Edm. The building was so loud I reached up to the 2nd balcony and it was vibrating and I could not hear myself scream. To this day the loudest thing I have ever experienced. Of course we got killed in that game but it was awesome.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Foley has been awfully curmudgeonly. I showed my roommate the clip of him complaining about the music being too loud during the Coyotes game and it's become a running joke with us.

He gets in the Hall of Fame and now it goes to his head? I hear what you are saying.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014

Agree on both ...

Kero might be able to replace Kruger

TVR is a #5 at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad