GDT: Game 26: Seattle Kraken(15-7-3) @ Washington Capitals (12-12-4) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, for at least 40 minutes it looked like the 2021-22 version of the Kraken was in Washington.
We got completely outplayed and the only reason we weren't completely out of it was Grubauer, who was fantastic but got no help.

First three game losing streak of the season and the next three opponents are the Panthers, Lightning and Hurricanes.
Hopefully the team can stop the bleeding or we're getting close to .500 hockey real quick.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I think that's about right. Team is looking more like last year's team at the moment. It's going to be hard to win in the post Christmas part of the season which is the time teams tighten up and get more serious. Not sure we have the depth to deal with that but we shall see.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
When Wright was "farmed" out to the Canadian Junior Team "AllStar" team,why wasn't Lind brought up or even J Donskoi. Noticed Lind scored a hatty for Coachella. Could have used some of that Offense which suddenly has dried up. Kraken have to get back to the basics with Hard Work. They need to make room for themselves and shoot that darn puck

Well, for at least 40 minutes it looked like the 2021-22 version of the Kraken was in Washington.
We got completely outplayed and the only reason we weren't completely out of it was Grubauer, who was fantastic but got no help.

First three game losing streak of the season and the next three opponents are the Panthers, Lightning and Hurricanes.
Hopefully the team can stop the bleeding or we're getting close to .500 hockey real quick.
Definitely one of Gru's best games if not the best game without Offensive help is tough to swallow

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
When Wright was "farmed" out to the Canadian Junior Team "AllStar" team,why wasn't Lind brought up or even J Donskoi. Noticed Lind scored a hatty for Coachella. Could have used some of that Offense which suddenly has dried up. Kraken have to get back to the basics with Hard Work. They need to make room for themselves and shoot that darn puck

Definitely one of Gru's best games if not the best game without Offensive help is tough to swallow

If Lind comes up and they have to send him down, he’s probably gone. Donskoi May still be hurt. I think we may still see a transaction though.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Lind has look pretty good in the Firebirds games i watched, but scoring in the AHL and the NHL are pretty different, and with Sprong scoring at a 4 points per 60 pace on the 4th line, and the top 9 wings being Schwartz, Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Burakovsky, Tanev and McCann, he is not likely going to play anywhere other than limited minutes opposite Sprong on that 4th line. (Sprong is also a rightwing, btw,)

So Lind would just be replacing Kuhlman (who can PK), or Donato. He is only going to get 8 minutes or so a game, and bringing him up would hurt Coachella, so I have to assume that Francis would rather see Hakstol just give time to Kuhlman or Donato for those limited minutes.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I think that's about right. Team is looking more like last year's team at the moment. It's going to be hard to win in the post Christmas part of the season which is the time teams tighten up and get more serious. Not sure we have the depth to deal with that but we shall see.

It will be interesting how the team reacts to this current losing streak which, to me, was something we had coming given our play during at least half of the games on the seven game win streak.

I thought Schwartz missing showed a lot and given that he played only 38 games I think we can see now what we were missing for more than half of the season last year.

Overall I'm curious if we can stop the bleeding or if we're somewhat similar to last years Anaheim Ducks team that started really well and then folded as the season went on.

Though, no matter what this seasons edition is a clear upgrade to last seasons and even though we(mostly) still don't have goaltending that can bail us out or figure out the penalty kill it's a step in the right direction.
The interesting thing is just how much of a step it will be.

If Lind comes up and they have to send him down, he’s probably gone. Donskoi May still be hurt. I think we may still see a transaction though.

Really?
The same was said before the season started and then he went unclaimed through waivers.
Of course there are some injuries right now but just keeping him the minors so you couldn't lose him makes no sense IMO.

If you need him you call him up even if you run the risk of losing him on waivers.

BTW: Oleksiak got a three game suspension for his hit against the Caps player.
I guess Olofsson or Fleury will get another couple of games.

Reactions: majormajor

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It will be interesting how the team reacts to this current losing streak which, to me, was something we had coming given our play during at least half of the games on the seven game win streak.

I thought Schwartz missing showed a lot and given that he played only 38 games I think we can see now what we were missing for more than half of the season last year.

Overall I'm curious if we can stop the bleeding or if we're somewhat similar to last years Anaheim Ducks team that started really well and then folded as the season went on.

Though, no matter what this seasons edition is a clear upgrade to last seasons and even though we(mostly) still don't have goaltending that can bail us out or figure out the penalty kill it's a step in the right direction.

Really?
The same was said before the season started and then he went unclaimed through waivers.
Of course there are some injuries right now but just keeping him the minors so you couldn't lose him makes no sense IMO.

If you need him you call him up even if you run the risk of losing him on waivers.

There are a handful of teams so deep into their garbage prospects that Lind would be a pretty big get and he’d probably get a decent amount of games. I could see a situation where he proves himself valuable to that team to the degree they don’t waive him. Also, it’s that time of year where people tend to get claimed more often.

Regardless, curious what is done with Oleksiak out for 3.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021

Without a doubt. It's not unusual either for a team that is in the building phase to start better and run out of gas due to a lack of depth and the fact that the opposition takes notice and generally plays harder and tighter in the mid to second half of the season. The pretenders get separated out over the next few months and we might end up being one of those.

Two things can save us. One, it is a weaker division overall, and two, goaltending is a wildcard. They can be very good and they can be very bad. If one of them gets hot we could still win a lot of games as the effort level is there most nights.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Really?

FWIW we can keep a callup like Lind in the NHL for I believe 10 games or 30 days maximum before he is subject to re entry waivers. So you can get a good look and figure out what to do with him later.

I'm not really concerned about losing Lind one way or the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad