GDT: Game 26: CBJ at NY Islanders - Return to Long Island

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Again, he played the pass wrong. He was partially at fault. However, if cam attacks the puck carrier instead of giving up the entire side for free maybe he doesn’t get around the net as fast, and Z recovers, or cam gets the puck and there’s no danger. It’s on both of them.

I'd say it's on Werenski. 4v4 is often a mess, but he had no reason to leave his man there. Oh well no big deal.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I only saw the "condensed game" - my honest feeling at this point is that I'm happy for the Islanders. Those fans deserve the win.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Also Wennberg line blows again. Whether it Dubinsky being an anchor or something else...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Wennberg’s last 4 games:

5 shots on goal.
1 assist.
0 goals (obviously)
"His game is sloooowly coming back." Keep waiting.

UnpleasantOnlyHousefly-size_restricted.gif

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Trust me...not the same. Its way better than Brooklyn and I am sure they will do OK there...but not the same. Elmont is nearly Queens...sneeze too hard and you are technically in one of the NYC boroughs.
Belmont is a 10 minute drive from the Coliseum. It will be fine.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Guarantee you there are a ton of Isles fans there that just won't make the trip to Brooklyn. This is their rare chance to conveniently see their team live again.
In usual traffic, it’s damn near an hour to get from the island to Brooklyn. Imagine if the CBJ played in Dayton.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Also Wennberg line blows again. Whether it Dubinsky being an anchor or something else...
I'm somewhere along there. The line composition has little likelihood of success. Wennberg greatest strength is generating assists. Dubinsky is of no help in that regard and the line's best goal scorer sits in the doghouse, though I think Wennberg needs two wings with some scoring prowess to succeed.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm somewhere along there. The line composition has little likelihood of success. Wennberg greatest strength is generating assists. Dubinsky is of no help in that regard and the line's best goal scorer sits in the doghouse, though I think Wennberg needs two wings with some scoring prowess to succeed.

I don't see why Dubinsky and Foligno shouldn't be flipped. Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson was very good to start the season, and Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand/Duclair works better.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Dubinsky had a bit of a dead cat bounce at the beginning of the season. His last 7 games scoring line is:

0 goals 1 assist -4/4 SOG.

Yeah, he can win faceoffs. That's about it. The rubber will hit the road for him soon if the CBJ want to go anywhere this season. Dubinsky is 4th line/press box material now.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don't see why Dubinsky and Foligno shouldn't be flipped. Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson was very good to start the season, and Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand/Duclair works better.
That seems the most logical move short of making multiple shifts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->