GDT: Game 26 12/1/18 : New York Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m only going after you because you put too much stock in “advance stats” if I’m not mistaken you had the Habs beating the Rags in 2017 based on possession stats or something like that and look how that turned out.

The Habs had way more shots and way more chances in that series, and Hank had like a .940 save percentage.

Pretty much went as expected.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m only going after you because you put too much stock in “advance stats” if I’m not mistaken you had the Habs beating the Rags in 2017 based on possession stats or something like that and look how that turned out.
There's nothing wrong with adv. stats. They aren't the be all and end all but they can point to some things you might not pick up on.

And I don't think it's unfair to say that Weber is limited in what he can do vs. other number ones. That doesn't mean he's useless or 'Jordie Benn with a good shot' but he's not as good as his rep.

That said, he's still a whole lot better than anything we have now.

Reactions: Et le But

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
too harsh. he's still the voice of hockey in my book
He can make mistakes all night and he's still better then any other play by play guy out there just because he has the classic hockey voice and delivery, there is no one else out there that has it any more other then him, he's the last of a what will soon be an extinct breed.

The play by play guys now at best are only passable. It's too bad about what happened with Cuthbert because he was the only guy out there worthy of taking the mantle.

Reactions: Dick Duff and Deebs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
5ZgnKEK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->