GDT: Game 25: Wild (11-7-4) @ Blackhawks (13-8-3) 12/1/15 (CSNC,NBCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Need to get toews somebody..put panarin and hossa with toews..having garbutt and Shaw there is just plain stupid..what a shock 3rd and 4th liners aren't scoring

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Need to get toews somebody..put panarin and hossa with toews..having garbutt and Shaw there is just plain stupid..what a shock 3rd and 4th liners aren't scoring

The 72-15-88 line has really good chemistry. Splitting it up might mean that none of the lines are able to do anything. Let's at least stick with the one scoring line we have.

Kane shouldn't be punished because he has had to carry a line by himself his entire career and now that Toews is being expected to do the same for once, he can't deliver.

But I fear that it will probably happen soon. Q will want to take away from Kane to help out Toews.

Put Teuvo up there or something. And keep him there a bit so he can gain confidence. But leave Panarin where he is.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The 72-15-88 line has really good chemistry. Splitting it up might mean that none of the lines are able to do anything. Let's at least stick with the one scoring line we have.

Kane shouldn't be punished because he has had to carry a line by himself his entire career and now that Toews is being expected to do the same for once, he can't deliver.

But I fear that it will probably happen soon. Q will want to take away from Kane to help out Toews.

Put Teuvo up there or something. And keep him there a bit so he can gain confidence. But leave Panarin where he is.

I was initially against it. But we're finding out that Toews can't carry a line of scrubs like Kane has shown he can. Toews needs more firepower on his line someway or somehow. Not sure what the answer is, but another try with Panarin might be in order.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Did anyone see Toews grab his elbow after getting tangled with a Wild player in front of the Wild net? Looked like he got tangled, and grabbed his elbow and seemed to be in discomfort, but the collision was pretty minimal.

I wonder if he is dealing with an elbow injury, and is just playing through it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Always amusing how everytime Toews plays like crap its some phantom injury

Seabs/Hossa/etc don't get such a luxury ,, But every year and every bad game or stretch #19 has excuses fly

Here is reality ,, He is not playing well and having no linemates who can help cover for that is hurting

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Seabs/Hossa/etc don't get such a luxury ,, But every year and every bad game or stretch #19 has excuses fly

Here is reality ,, He is not playing well and having no linemates who can help cover for that is hurting

When did I give an excuse for his bad play? I simply asked if anybody noticed, what I noticed.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Thing is--last year Kane with Milquetoast linemates was in Art Ross contention until he broke his collar bone.

At Toews pricepoint, it shouldn't be a stretch to expect him to do the same. Maybe Q needs to tell him to focus a bit more on O...it's been too long since Toews made a play like completely undressing all 5 of the Colorado skaters before beating Theodore cleanly.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
When Panarin did move up briefly to the top line and TT moved to Kane's line that looked OK. TT scored a few times and Panarin and Toews looked good together. Its all a friggin blur because Q can't stick with something more than a few games (except for putting the two 4th liners with Toews of course...)

Shaw should go back with Kruger and either Desjardins or Garbutt on line 4. That line proved it could work in last years playoffs even though it didn't do anything earlier this year. Put TT up on line 1 with Hossa and Toews. I thought TT looked OK up there but Q didn't give it much of a chance. I still say our best third line this season was the kiddie line of Dano/Kero/Hartman. You could tell they had chemistry together, were aggressive, were good on the forecheck and creating chances. Send Mashinter down, bring Hartman up, then let it ride for a while. Q is spreading garbage out so even the skilled players can't produce.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My memory was Panarin did not have chemistry with Toews and eventually Q put him back with Kane/Anisimov

And TT has struggled with Toews/Hossa ,, I don't see why people believe putting him back up there will magically fix problem

The problem currently cant be fixed from within organization and that is just the reality of situation

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Toews had 2 great chances that he basically did himself last night. His play has improved since struggling earlier in the year. Shaw and Garbutt are carbon copies of each other playing along side him. It's a really bad fit.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My memory was Panarin did not have chemistry with Toews and eventually Q put him back with Kane/Anisimov

And TT has struggled with Toews/Hossa ,, I don't see why people believe putting him back up there will magically fix problem.

If I recall Panarin was put up there when Hossa was injured. There were flashes, the sample size was too small. Same with TT. He scored in game 1 on the Toews line and lasted what, 4 games? Q needs to put the skilled players together and the grinders together and leave it for a stretch.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Toews isn't playing top PP minutes, that is a huge consideration when looking at his counting stats so keep that in mind.

BHFan

Aug 9, 2015
I don't understand why Q hasn't given Tikhonov a better look. When he's in, he seems to e pretty solid. Is he only on the team as a translator? Take Kane out of the line and put in Tik. Make it an all Russian line. There has to be some advantage to trying that. Or move Panarin onto Toews line and see how Anisimov and Kane do with someone new.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Sure, the sooner the better, but it's not happening this year. I guess it's super easy for everyone else to swallow that $4 mil hit as we lose games. It's not easy for me. I think you have to at least give him one more shot to work.

The $4m is a sunk cost and shouldn't earn Bickell undeserved opportunities. That ship sailed long ago.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to Bickell coming back up at some point, but he has to earn it down there.

There's no reason to think he'll be more motivated than he was during his previous zillion chances. His ahl numbers are meaningless. He sucks. I hope to never again see him in a Hawks uniform.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't understand why Q hasn't given Tikhonov a better look. When he's in, he seems to e pretty solid. Is he only on the team as a translator? Take Kane out of the line and put in Tik. Make it an all Russian line. There has to be some advantage to trying that. Or move Panarin onto Toews line and see how Anisimov and Kane do with someone new.

Tikhonov was given chances on 1st line and did nothing

He is 4th liner ,, Nothing more or less

He has no role on a scoring line

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
We all should know by now what Toews brings to the ice; a very good shooter, fantastic quickness, and high effort ... but he is NOT a playmaker, at least not for others. He can create his own opportunity, but if his linemates are Shaw/Garbutt ... he's going to get no time and no space b/c no one really cares if Shaw/Garbutt get the puck. Why this line was ever considered a good idea ... I'll never know. Im glad Panarin and Kane have such great chemistry but perhaps splitting them may create 2 very good lines vs 1 great line and 1 crap line. I put Panarin with Toews and Hossa ... Kane with Anisimov and Teuvo .... but Teravainen is definitely struggling ... I don't see any attack in his game ... he lacks a sense of confidence and I wonder if it would be better if he was in the AHL. I've pegged this team as a .500 squad .. and that's what they look like. It's going to be a very tough road this season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There's no reason to think he'll be more motivated than he was during his previous zillion chances. His ahl numbers are meaningless. He sucks. I hope to never again see him in a Hawks uniform.

Fair enough, but he won't be any worse than Desjardins, Tikhonov, or Mashinter. And it would value the Hawks if he can find even a hint of good play, so just for that reason alone I want to see him get some of his game back that he had before the contract.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Thing is--last year Kane with Milquetoast linemates was in Art Ross contention until he broke his collar bone.

At Toews pricepoint, it shouldn't be a stretch to expect him to do the same. Maybe Q needs to tell him to focus a bit more on O...it's been too long since Toews made a play like completely undressing all 5 of the Colorado skaters before beating Theodore cleanly.

Since they're equal on the 'pricepoint' standpoint, it shouldn't be a stretch for Kane to be expected to win the Selke, no?

It's been.. never since Kane has done anything defense related. They are two completely different types of players, they know their respected roles and both do them damn well.

But hey, more money should equal more goals, I get it.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Since they're equal on the 'pricepoint' standpoint, it shouldn't be a stretch for Kane to be expected to win the Selke, no?

It's been.. never since Kane has done anything defense related. They are two completely different types of players, they know their respected roles and both do them damn well.

But hey, more money should equal more goals, I get it.

Exactly.

Some people will always equate offensive numbers with performance and the game is so much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad