May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
8tOKVqy.png

That is all.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
*hand clap*

Great game, can see the confidence in the Coyotes game.
If Galchenyuk could just get on the board....

And how about Adin "The Thrill" Hill, with another solid game. Looks very comfortable, stopping everything he sees.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wonder if some of the moxie Schmaltz has shown the last 2 games is partially him realizing he can be a leader on this team. On the Blackhawks even when going well he'll always be in the second rung.
Big fish in small pond kinda works for some players. He said he was surprised about the trade and going to the dumpy Coyotes can be shocking :laugh:
But we've seen that work for some players in the past.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I wonder if some of the moxie Schmaltz has shown the last 2 games is partially him realizing he can be a leader on this team. On the Blackhawks even when going well he'll always be in the second rung.
Big fish in small pond kinda works for some players. He said he was surprised about the trade and going to the dumpy Coyotes can be shocking :laugh:
But we've seen that work for some players in the past.
Its cause we setting ourselves up to be team America :P

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I mean, idk, is it luck? But the Coyotes have got 3 in a row without Raanta, Kuemper, Demers and Dvorak. I guess that's a good sign. Schmaltz is a revelation.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I wonder what Chayka's thinking re: Pickard. Raanta is meant to be back against L.A and surely you keep Hill around after what he's done.

Yeah, that one is not gonna be hard.

Unless he thinks he can trade Raanta. I guess you never know with Chayka.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Take my medical opinion for what it's worth, but certainly looked like an eye injury from the original hit (him flapping his legs seemed ominous). Possible the stick fractured his nose as it was coming up. Good news for me was the stick settled on the medial (or inside) aspect of the eye along the bridge of his nose. That being said, there wasn't direct penetrating to the eye, more likely an abrasion of questionable thickness. We do these types of surgeries and it's extremely rare that they go blind but he should certainly miss some time depending on the treatment. Any sort of eye surgery would keep him sidelined indefinitely to keep intraocular pressure down on the inner eye given the loss of structural "tegrity" (*using Randy's voice). In short, doubtful it's Staal bad. Not an orbital fracture either.

Hey all, just want to update this. I went back to the Blues game feed which gave the best, or worst, angle of the hit. Couple things that stood out. It's worse than I originally thought. Pretty solid contact with the eye at the worst possible trajectory of the blade. Also, there was some blood on the ice, but there would have been lots more if it was a broken nose. I'm afraid this is a much more serious injury than I originally thought.
SmartSelect_20181201-205752_Gallery.gif

Last edited:

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Schmaltz has been a total godsend for Keller. Those two look great together, and it's starting to get Galchenyuk back into it. I think there's plenty more points coming from that top line.
Chucky does well in space. Keller and Schmaltz create space. Chucky looked good tonight, just nothing to show for it

Reactions: Muppet

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Hey all, just want to update this. I went back to the Blues game feed which gave the best, or worst, angle of the hit. Couple things that stood out. It's worse then I originally thought. Pretty solid contact with the eye at the worst possible trajectory of the blade. Also, there was some blood on the ice, but there would have been lots more if it was a broken nose. I'm afraid this is a much more serious injury than I originally thought. View attachment 160761
My thoughts exactly..

:(

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad