GDT: Game 25: Coyotes @ Blues - 6PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey all, just want to update this. I went back to the Blues game feed which gave the best, or worst, angle of the hit. Couple things that stood out. It's worse then I originally thought. Pretty solid contact with the eye at the worst possible trajectory of the blade. Also, there was some blood on the ice, but there would have been lots more if it was a broken nose. I'm afraid this is a much more serious injury than I originally thought.

That's rough stuff :eek:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Hey all, just want to update this. I went back to the Blues game feed which gave the best, or worst, angle of the hit. Couple things that stood out. It's worse then I originally thought. Pretty solid contact with the eye at the worst possible trajectory of the blade. Also, there was some blood on the ice, but there would have been lots more if it was a broken nose. I'm afraid this is a much more serious injury than I originally thought. View attachment 160761

Yeah, I don't have any credentials. But I felt this was over.

Man. Grabner is the real deal.

If this is carreer ending, Yotes should retire his number.

I so hope my hunch is wrong.

After all I'm the born pessimist.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Never seen the Yotes skate so much with the puck in the offensive zone. Lots of circling. Lots of plays created. Looked like a skilled team.

I know it was against the Blues, but it was still encouraging.

Reactions: CLW

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Never seen the Yotes skate so much with the puck in the offensive zone. Lots of circling. Lots of plays created. Looked like a skilled team.

I know it was against the Blues, but it was still encouraging.

Hard to say how good the Yotes played, the Blues were really, really bad.

I think it was a combination. But against something so really, really bad any team will look like an all-star team.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hey all, just want to update this. I went back to the Blues game feed which gave the best, or worst, angle of the hit. Couple things that stood out. It's worse than I originally thought. Pretty solid contact with the eye at the worst possible trajectory of the blade. Also, there was some blood on the ice, but there would have been lots more if it was a broken nose. I'm afraid this is a much more serious injury than I originally thought. View attachment 160761
Yea, I agree. So you're part of the do no harm guild too?

Reactions: justin323032

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I hope that Tocchet lets Hill play out his streak. Would love to see the kid get a 4 or 5 win streak before losing one and going back to the A to get regular work. No way the kid supplants Raanta, for whoever posted about trading Raanta. He needs at least another year of seasoning.

Reactions: Jakey53

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I hope that Tocchet lets Hill play out his streak. Would love to see the kid get a 4 or 5 win streak before losing one and going back to the A to get regular work. No way the kid supplants Raanta, for whoever posted about trading Raanta. He needs at least another year of seasoning.

Yeah, my post there was more of a joke. I hope.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Schmaltz has been a total godsend for Keller. Those two look great together, and it's starting to get Galchenyuk back into it. I think there's plenty more points coming from that top line.

The top line needs to consist of Galchenyuk, Schmaltz, and Keller. I don't give a f*** who plays LW, C, or RW. We suck at faceoffs anyway unless it's Richardson on the dot, but he gets kicked out of the circle all the time so whatever. Put those three on the ice and offense happens.

Reactions: johnchayka89

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I wonder if some of the moxie Schmaltz has shown the last 2 games is partially him realizing he can be a leader on this team. On the Blackhawks even when going well he'll always be in the second rung.
Big fish in small pond kinda works for some players. He said he was surprised about the trade and going to the dumpy Coyotes can be shocking :laugh:
But we've seen that work for some players in the past.

Could be that the "big fish, small pond" idea works for Schmaltz here. But this was what I was saying regarding that initial feeling coming off of a trade - you just got traded, so you want to do your part to be the player that you should be. You might pay a little more attention to detail and might be a little more cognizant of maintaining a high compete level and trying to appease and appeal to your new teammates and coaches. The good news for us is that it looks like we have the player that took that from the first game, and ran with it into the next few games. I don't know if that can be said about the players that we traded away, who looked great in the first game, but then settled back into inconsistency. Still plenty of time for that to change (whether Schmaltz regressing or Strome/Perlini progressing), but this looks good right now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
"No harm guild"
smh
And I was trying to be so clever. Seriously, I thought that it was common knowledge. Yes I am. Getting ready to retire in a few years. Seen a lot of change, and I don't like the changes coming on the horizon. My great grandchildren will be treated by virtual doctors programmed to have that human feel.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
nice win of the team. Solid performance.
i hope we stay like this.

But this win has a bitter note to it, Grabners Injury is bad, so only thing we can do is hope for the best, and support our team at the next home game.

Reactions: Name Nameless

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's the way to play hockey.
It's nice not having to comment on Strome anymore :)
Schmaltz looks pretty good out there like he was waiting to take the reins and be a number #1.
Might even inspire Keller.
Hope Grabner is okay.
Combination of 3 wingers that are all kind of C’s sure has chemistry right now. Beat up blues team but still crushed none the less.

Trade score: Coyotes 3-0, Hawks 0-3, we win the trade:)

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I know Panik gets much hate on these boards but he was very good last night. When he is focused he is a valuable player.

Yeah, I think perhas 2nd star was a bit much, but he had a good game. And happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks Panik is a player who can contribute. Good shots are always in short supply.

He has an "intermediate" contract on 2.8 mill, and it's a contract year for him. Wish I knew if there has been talks there. Or if his agents demands something outragous, or if he can't wait to get away from Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad