Post-Game Talk: GAME #25 - Canucks @ Blue Jackets

CookieCrumbs*

Lame argument. Raymond owned him.

CBJ fans can **** off.

Lame argument? More like a cold hard fact that you can see with your own eyes. I'm happy Luongo got a shoot out win, but Raymond got lucky on this call.

Puck needs to always have forward momentum. In this case, it doesn't. It stops.

I'll take the win. But to actually say that the puck didn't stop? Man, your homer glasses much be thick as hell.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but the Raymond shoot out goal shouldn't have counted. The puck definitely stopped. Surely other people notice this as well?

The puck stopped you say?

STOPPED?

I need to see an image of it when it is "stopped".
I was the first one to say "damn, that's a dirty goal" when he scored, but it's legal.

How come people become so blind when it favours their preconceived notions of how things ought to be... I say this in respect to hockey, but I suppose I can apply it on a societal level as well.

People are crazy.

nuxhead

Mar 24, 2011
My reaction to this game.
hockeyauuugh.gif

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lame argument? More like a cold hard fact that you can see with your own eyes. I'm happy Luongo got a shoot out win, but Raymond got lucky on this call.

Puck needs to always have forward momentum. In this case, it doesn't. It stops.

I'll take the win. But to actually say that the puck didn't stop? Man, your homer glasses much be thick as hell.

It was still movng, IMO. Every spinorama move is a close call. Raymond's looked good to me. You don't have to be a homer to dsiagree with someone's opinion.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Just came across this depressing stat:

"Ryan Kesler played only seven games (with a broken foot). He has five points. That’s still second among Canucks centres."

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Called the shootout win.
I thought the puck had to keep making progress towards the net? Raymond clearly pulls the puck back on the spin.

CookieCrumbs*

This is hilarious! Yes, IT STOPPED! I clearly see the puck stopping and then Raymond back handing it in.

But I'm not getting into an argument about this with my own fan base.

It's a win.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
This is hilarious! Yes, IT STOPPED! I clearly see the puck stopping and then Raymond back handing it in.

It's a win.

when has a spinarama ever been dissallowed? I was under the assumption that they were kind of just allowed cause most of them are borderline

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
They are all bordeline. I thought the rule used to be that the puck had to keep moving forward but they decided to allow spinoramas as long as the puck kept moving.

Yes this is correct. They kind of made up a wink wink nudge nudge rule for spinoramas.

John Bender*

It's a win.

The Spin-o-rama is allowed. Get over it.

John Bender*

How is it that Bobrovsky's eye gets hurt when he is high sticked with a full mask on?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I have to think Luongo starts vs Nashville. Coming off a great game and getting a shutout against them last time he played them.

I can't see how Luongo doesn't get the start, but I also don't know how Alberts is in for Ballard so I guess anything is possible lol

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Does any one know if Kassian saw another shift after that great hit which he got a penalty for...TSN's replays show that it was more from the side than it was a "charge" or from behind.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Does any one know if Kassian saw another shift after that great hit which he got a penalty for...TSN's replays show that it was more from the side than it was a "charge" or from behind.

Probably not much time if any, Bench seemed to short as AV dose when chasing a game. Or holding a lead for that matter:sarcasm:

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Probably not much time if any, Bench seemed to short as AV dose when chasing a game. Or holding a lead for that matter:sarcasm:

And we wonder why Kassian isn't more aggressive...:shakehead

Personally I thought it was clean and could have gone either way, I wouldn't call it "Boarding" it was the back of his shoulder more than it was him putting his shoulder into the back of the player.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
One goal in his last 18. Don't criticize the trade, cuz if you do, you don't know jack about hockey.:shakehead

I have no idea what you are trying to say so I'll address all three possible routes I can interpret this post.

1) The only thing I didn't like about the trade was the timing of it. If they knew Kes was hurt, they shouldn't make that trade.

2) I also didn't like the treatment Hodgson received when he was here, but I really don't know too much about the situation (the same as all other fans).

3) It's not a bad trade, just for whatever reason it takes forever to integrate a rookie completely into our system if AV decides he doesn't like his game. Say compared to Buffalo where Hodgson has been given every opportunity to succeed.

John Bender*

I have no idea what you are trying to say so I'll address all three possible routes I can interpret this post.

1) The only thing I didn't like about the trade was the timing of it. If they knew Kes was hurt, they shouldn't make that trade.

2) I also didn't like the treatment Hodgson received when he was here, but I really don't know too much about the situation (the same as all other fans).

3) It's not a bad trade, just for whatever reason it takes forever to integrate a rookie completely into our system if AV decides he doesn't like his game. Say compared to Buffalo where Hodgson has been given every opportunity to succeed.

I was being sarcastic. I hate the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad