GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Let's hope this isn't a "snoozer".

If so, I'm going to watch The Walking Dead instead.

Lately it's been hard to tell the difference between the Canucks and the Walking Dead. The zombies seem to have a bit more life though! :laugh:

So true. I've had enough of boring Canucks games. Life is too short to sit and watch something on TV that truly sucks the life right out of you. I'll be turning the chnl or getting up to do something else if this is just another typical Van/Min game.

... and don't forget to tweet GMMG and voice your frustration with the teams style of play.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I just got Netflix last night. Suffice to say it'll get a thorough workout this evening if the game is as bad as I think it'll be. There's just nothing about playing Minnesota that is exciting. Same goes for Nashville, although at least those games are a bit chippy.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Lately it's been hard to tell the difference between the Canucks and the Walking Dead. The zombies seem to have a bit more life though! :laugh:

tumblr_m4ifbmql1v1qfw2dno1_250.gif

Oh snap!

Steve Bennett*

Ugh, can Higgins go back to playing C? If that was possible:

Sedins - Burrows
Raymond - Shredder - Hansen
Booth - Higgins - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

(2nd and 3rd interchangeable in TOI)

The lineup would look a lot better.

I like that lineup (considering what we have at the moment), looks better then the decisions by AV the last few games. I've never really thought about canning the guy too seriously until the last week or so due some odd decisions on his part, plus his strange doghouse BS that destroys players for extended periods of time.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Fun fact: Minnesota will be the first season series to end.

Then Los Angeles.

Then Columbus (which just started...).

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Interesting bit in the Province:

“I don’t think we’re desperate yet, but we need that desperation,” Schneider said. “I think urgency is the better word. We have to realize that ‘Hey, tomorrow is the halfway point of the season and usually the second half is the playoff push.’

“It’s one thing to be in games, but I think we need to have that urgency and that instinct to either separate ourselves during the game or to put teams away instead of hanging around and being in a game.

“I think we need to be dominant in games at some point.”

Let's hope they haven't forgotten how to play with urgency and can be dominant once again.
Time will tell.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Hope we win,but my gut is telling me otherwise 4-3 in the SO for Minn
and the AV hate will go on.

Justifiably.

Either dominate and finally get going or lose in regulation. Sick of just barely getting by. Maybe dropping out of the playoffs halfway through the season will finally get through to them.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
An extra day of rest combined with Minnesota playing yesterday in Nashville, sounds good to me. I'm thinking W.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Surprised by the amount of people that think this will be a snoozer.

First place in the division on the line? You don't think Minnesota and their fans will be into this game?

This is arguably the biggest game of the year so far for both teams. It's gonna be great.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Would rather see Barker in for Alberts anyways. I really don't like Andrew Alberts.

Agreed. I don't think Barker has been that bad. He makes mistakes every now and then, but he's really good at getting his shot through.

I'll take him over Alberts any day.

Steve Bennett*

Interesting bit in the Province:

“I don’t think we’re desperate yet, but we need that desperation,†Schneider said. “I think urgency is the better word. We have to realize that ‘Hey, tomorrow is the halfway point of the season and usually the second half is the playoff push.’

“It’s one thing to be in games, but I think we need to have that urgency and that instinct to either separate ourselves during the game or to put teams away instead of hanging around and being in a game.

“I think we need to be dominant in games at some point.â€

Let's hope they haven't forgotten how to play with urgency and can be dominant once again.
Time will tell.

I like Schneiders' attitude. He is one determined guy that's for sure. That is a winners' attitude imo. He has had some struggle this year but damn I like his determination. Nothing against Lu, I like both guys, but sometimes I didn't see that crazy drive in Lu that Schneider is showing. Now if he can back up that talk with actions we may have a goalie to work with for the next 17.5 years...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I like Schneiders' attitude. He is one determined guy that's for sure. That is a winners' attitude imo. He has had some struggle this year but damn I like his determination. Nothing against Lu, I like both guys, but sometimes I didn't see that crazy drive in Lu that Schneider is showing. Now if he can back up that talk with actions we may have a goalie to work with for the next 17.5 years...

i agree completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->