GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
is it safe to say that Luongo is in the doghouse?

Schneider starts again, and he's looked less than stellar in his last 5 outings. Also, in that article about the player only meeting, no quotes from Luongo and Schnedier was the one talking to media

Feel so bad for Luongo. He needs to be treated better. Just trade him already.

I don't think we will see Luongo in net any time soon. When's the next back to back?

Luongo always gets ventilated in Minnesota so Schneider has to start today.

Dado

Having trouble getting excited about this game. Is it just me or does this have snoozer written all over it?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
So according to Dan Sedin (via passittobulis twitter) the players-only meeting was less than 5 minutes. Casual kev must have been leading this one. :sarcasm:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Having trouble getting excited about this game. Is it just me or does this have snoozer written all over it?

I dunno, this is one of the most meaningful games this year, I'm excited to see if we will show up

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'm calling at least 2 fights today, and Koivu takes some sort of dumb penalty and the Canucks score on the powerplay.

This is going to be a feisty game and should be really entertaining, win or lose.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So according to Dan Sedin (via passittobulis twitter) the players-only meeting was less than 5 minutes. Casual kev must have been leading this one. :sarcasm:

I reckon they were just deciding where they wanted to go for dinner, and coaches aren't invited to that dinner. Oh well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I reckon they were just deciding where they wanted to go for dinner, and coaches aren't invited to that dinner. Oh well.

I'd imagine there's only so many ways one can say - "We've kind of sucked lately. How about we actually work hard for a full 60 minutes?"

Hopefully they can do that today, snoozer or not. Hoping for a big game from Schroeder to get AV off his back - same for Ballard.

NHLFreak

Aug 5, 2010
is it safe to say that Luongo is in the doghouse?

Schneider starts again, and he's looked less than stellar in his last 5 outings. Also, in that article about the player only meeting, no quotes from Luongo and Schnedier was the one talking to media

Feel so bad for Luongo. He needs to be treated better. Just trade him already.

I don't think we will see Luongo in net any time soon. When's the next back to back?

Just speculation but do any of you nuck fans think the Luongo/Schneider situation is slowly causing some division in the dressing room.

I know to outsiders Luongo seems to be handling this well. But could there be any possibility of favourtism amongst teamates? And if so could this be contributing to the inconsistant play?

Just a thought from a non-nuck fan and only that - so no hate please :)

Dado

Well neither goalie is being allowed to get into a long term groove, so I'd say yeah, the situation is clearly causing a problem. That said, the goalies IMO are not the core problem out there, so some of that is a reflection of deeper issues.

We'll see if they can sort it out...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We have no idea, the dressing room seems to be pretty tight-lip about the whole thing (for obvious reasons). We would be kidding ourselves if we think everything is just perfect inside the lockerrom, but no one outside the dressing room knows how high the goalie tension is, and how the rest of the team is reacting

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
From the sounds of AV, I might need to change from "Schredda and MayRay" to "Schredda and the Pressbox" :(

hopefully he gets a chance with booth and Kassian tonight

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
We have no idea, the dressing room seems to be pretty tight-lip about the whole thing (for obvious reasons). We would be kidding ourselves if we think everything is just perfect inside the lockerrom, but no one outside the dressing room knows how high the goalie tension is, and how the rest of the team is reacting

outside the room

hhhmmmm the goalies are rotating in and out ....omg they mus t be frustrated or the team cant get in rhythm

hhhhmmmm one goalie is playing more than a couple games in a row...goalie must be in the doghouse

in the room......just dont read papers or listen to van media and we wont be dragged down.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
outside the room

hhhmmmm the goalies are rotating in and out ....omg they mus t be frustrated or the team cant get in rhythm

hhhhmmmm one goalie is playing more than a couple games in a row...goalie must be in the doghouse

in the room......just dont read papers or listen to van media and we wont be dragged down.

I truly think the media, and fans, are sensationalizing the whole ordeal and exaggerating the effects of the supposed controversy, but who know, maybe it is a big deal in the room. Maybe Schneider resents Luongo and the Canucks cause he expected to have the job this year and had definitely paid his dues to et it. :dunno:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

I agree. Also, I'm sure some players are worried that they might be part of a goalie trade package.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
surely Schroeder would not play on the fourth line in front of his family and friends......AV should be smart enough to give third line minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->