Post-Game Talk: GAME 24 - The Bear cries on Yonge Street - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
would have been nice to get the win or even a point but all in all I still like the way the team is competing. Clearly we need some help with secondary scoring but I agree with going with what we have until closer to trade deadline. Leafs are going to be a dangerous team this year and although they have some crazy fans there are many who also understand the playoffs are a long way away and are reasonable

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I would send down both Bjork and Heinen, call up Donato and call up Celharik.
Donato has seemed to got the message down there, he's playing better hockey and putting up points.
Bjork and Heinen need to go down and get their confidence back because right now, its severely lacking and its hurting this team.

until Bergy returns:

Marshy-Cave-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk
Donato-JFK-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Acciari

Based on the last 4 or 5 games the pairs up front that need to stay together are:
1st-Marchand-Pasta
2nd-Krecji-Debrusk
4th-Backes-Wagner

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Thought we played a good game last night. I'm not sure who of their main guys were down besides Matthew's, but to really lose a 1 goal game while missing 75% of your top 4 and your #1C...that's not to bad. I like what the 4th line is starting to do. Honestly there one of the lines right now that I'm more confident in to make something happen lol. The "physical pace" of the game is going to have to be set by that 4th line. If they are not hitting, the other 3 lines wont either. When they get aggressive and turn up the physical play, it seems to get the other lines doing the same.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That 6 on 5 at the end. I thought Cassidy picked the right time to do it.
Thought we were gonna tie it especially after we won the faceoff.
Did we even hit the net once? When are they gonna learn just to get the puck on net?
Doesnt have to be a bullet shot.
And Krejci should never be shooting a clapper from the point there. He should be down low.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
[At least] One even thinks they have worse injuries than the Bruins. They've invaded HF boards and dominate the main boards an intolerable amount making anything thread about Leafs or McDavid or Eichel or rivals or league leaders / awards just unbearable. It's taking its toll unfortunately, this is the only safe haven and it's a shame.

Thank goodness Miller is not serious but that Debrusk news sounds very scary.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
But didnt get a shot through to the net.... multiple chances

Its hard getting shots through in todays game. Leafs blocked alot of shot. You pretty much have to bank it off the end boards.

But I also miss like half the games because my internet blows.
My streams buffer every 5 minutes and then usually dont come back on again until a couple, minutes later.
Its very frustrating to watch.
Tomorrow fiber is getting installed though. So no more of that crap.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They played a lot better than I expected considering their injuries. I’m happy with how they played this game.

I do think they need to bring in help for scoring even when they get bodies back. Not deep enough and it’s been a consistent issue. But the back end of the team has held it down despite it being a nightmare of a season for them.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
His game is too passive at this point and I don't know if you can change that in a player. Spooner is a great example.

Spooner was productive with Debrusk and Krejci. And very effective on the pp. not sure what has happened to him since his big contract He had the production to support the contract. Weird. Hope he finds his fame playing with Macdavid and dry

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
dont really know why heinen is getting the hate.. numbers arent there yet but he does so many things well. has played all over the lineup and is noticeable in every game .

Reactions: Ritmo

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Marner is the scariest Leaf of all. That kid is a ****ing savage beast of a player.

Bruins played well tonight. Fought all the way. Really looking forward to the return of McAvoy and Carlo. I hope Carlo picks up where he left off because he was looking so legit this year. And the second half of last year as well.

Marner actually reminds me of Marc Savard. Hopefully Leaf fans don't ruin him for the rest of the league as he's a fun player to watch.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
His game is too passive at this point and I don't know if you can change that in a player. Spooner is a great example.

Thinking in the Bruins brass' mind he's already been passed long term by Frederic and Studnicka. He needs to up his compete for sure, but I like what I see overall. I think he will play in the league.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Because points are important

I agree with this to a degree, you need to start producing...however, that's not the only barometer. He's a possession guy, on a possession line, so they keep the puck away from the other team, their goalies don't face many tough chances and they create a lot of opportunities. At some point I think the stats have to come.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I agree with this to a degree, you need to start producing...however, that's not the only barometer. He's a possession guy, on a possession line, so they keep the puck away from the other team, their goalies don't face many tough chances and they create a lot of opportunities. At some point I think the stats have to come.
If Debrusk ends up being out now ,they need goals from somebody besides Pasta and Marchand who actually isn’t scoring much,or they are in big trouble.

Reactions: Strafer

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Production past game 24

Marchand 6+17 - Cave 0+0 - Pastrnak 19+9
Heinen 2+3 - Krejci 2+17 - DeBrusk 10+2
Bjork 1+2 - JFK 2+0 - Acciari 0+1
Wagner 2+1 - Nordstrom 4+1 - Backes 1+2

Group 1 Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Krejci, DeBrusk
The core. They do all the heavy lifting.

Group 2 Heinen, Bjork, JFK, Cave
Young players. Cave filled in nicely last 3 games. Heinen should be fighting for a spot on the 4th line. JFK and Bjork to Providence.

Group 3 Acciari, Wagner, Nordstrom, Backes, Kuraly
Veteran players. Too many 4th liners including Heinen, trade two of them for an upgrade.

Conclusion: With Bergeron back we still need top6 player and we need the full 3rd line.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->