Matt IrwinYannick Weber
Goalie:
Rinne
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

"the injury tonight had nothing to do with the other one"

Well that's both good and bad as I said a few days ago :laugh:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Looks like the Coyotes are battling... up Hill.
rimg.php

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Bone bruise sounds better than any type of muscle/tendon/ligament strain. Raanta will be back soon.

Tried googling.

"Bruises can last from days to months and vary from mild to severe. Bone bruises are among the most serious and painful. They usually heal in a couple of months, although larger bone bruises may take longer."

Bone bruise: Symptoms, treatment, and outlook

Yeah, that sounds...

Months? Months? :darth:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Tried googling.

"Bruises can last from days to months and vary from mild to severe. Bone bruises are among the most serious and painful. They usually heal in a couple of months, although larger bone bruises may take longer."

Bone bruise: Symptoms, treatment, and outlook

Yeah, that sounds...

Months? Months? :darth:

Perhaps months to be completely pain-free, but you will not do any harm playing with a bone bruise, unlike muscles/tendons which can be easily reinjured. Once the injury gets to the point that he can tolerate the discomfort he should be able to play.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Would like to see Fischer where Keller is and Keller back with Stepan for a game. Hino could go back with Richardson.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Perhaps months to be completely pain-free, but you will not do any harm playing with a bone bruise, unlike muscles/tendons which can be easily reinjured. Once the injury gets to the point that he can tolerate the discomfort he should be able to play.

Yep. Bruised my hip bone last year and it took 10 weeks for it to stop hurting, but by week 4, OTC-strength ibuprofen was enough to make the pain go away. It took me 3 weeks to be able to walk comfortably again, but I think that had more to do with that I also sprained my ACL in the incident (pulling a food cart at work, my shoe lost grip with the floor and down I went; wasn't able to soften the fall with my hands so my hip took the brunt of the collision with the floor).

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Hopefully Schmaltzy can improve on those draws with time...he’s got a couple of the best in the business in Richie and Step to help him along. Dvo is above average too.

Reactions: MIG

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Hopefully Schmaltzy can improve on those draws with time...he’s got a couple of the best in the business in Richie and Step to help him along. Dvo is above average too.

Stepan? I would say he's below average on faceoffs (45.5% career average on it). Personally, I think him taking PP face offs is one of the problems with our PP. Because the PK keeps winning those ones and clearing the zone... thus the Yotes are always working with less than 2 minutes and no zone time right off the bat. Stepan could probably help with other parts of the game though.

I do agree Richie can help him out (I hope) though. His career average is over 50% and he does a good job of not losing too cleanly too often, imo. Dvo is also actually never had a season that's worse than Stepan's average, btw. (all stats from puckbase)

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Stepan? I would say he's below average on faceoffs (45.5% career average on it). Personally, I think him taking PP face offs is one of the problems with our PP. Because the PK keeps winning those ones and clearing the zone... thus the Yotes are always working with less than 2 minutes and no zone time right off the bat. Stepan could probably help with other parts of the game though.

I do agree Richie can help him out (I hope) though. His career average is over 50% and he does a good job of not losing too cleanly too often, imo. Dvo is also actually never had a season that's worse than Stepan's average, btw. (all stats from puckbase)

If I had a drink for every time we got a power play, Derek Stepan lost the attacking zone faceoff to start the PP, the puck got cleared and we spent upwards of 30 seconds to re-establish ourselves in the attacking zone to even get going, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning a long time ago.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Easier to improve on faceoffs then learn how to skate faster.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->