GDT: Game 24 - CBJ vs PHI - 27 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Again we pay the price for young gun. Milano with so ****ing stupid penalty. We just lose to flyers, thats bad really bad.
They had plenty of time to overcome that goal. The whole team is inconsistant and lackluster. They had a few chances to tie it, but overall they have to play better.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Time to send Tex down. Absolute non factor

Robinson and Bemstrom knocked in a few goals recently, but at a time we need a goal Torts is more worried about rookie mistakes and defaults to the the hot guys - Andy, Nick, Wennberg and others who have experience in the bank with Torts.

If Torts were coaching football, I think he'd punt on third down.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
How much better would we be if we actually tried to carry the puck in rather than dump n chase? What percentage of our dumps are actually retrieved.. because it doesn’t seem very high. Panarin and Duchene were great at carrying in the puck, now it seems it’s only Dubois. Sigh.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
In any case, Happy Thanksgiving to All!

IMG_1404.JPG

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Robinson and Bemstrom knocked in a few goals recently, but at a time we need a goal Torts is more worried about rookie mistakes and defaults to the the hot guys - Andy, Nick, Wennberg and others who have experience in the bank with Torts.

If Torts were coaching football, I think he'd punt on third down.

Literally none of those guys listed are hot. They're all having career-worst years or close to it.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Texier should probably be sent down, but anybody you bring up will most likely give you the same output.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
This team has a leader on the ice.

What a poor game it was :/

Look at the pens and what they did. Were 6:2 behind or smth. Then the team said "fk no". Didnt watch that scoring feast ofc but its what the Jackets need.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Here are a few of the intangibles with this team that don't bode well moving forward:

- We now have a goalie that saves most of the shots he should, but almost none of the ones he shouldn't.
- Our team can't buy a goal late in a game, but can give them away like candy.
- We pass when we don't need to, dump the puck when we don't need to and take shots from ridiculously impossible angles.
- The players we REALLY need to step up the most to make this a good team are currently on the side of a milk carton (Anderson, Atkinson, Nyquist, Texier, Murray)

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Here are a few of the intangibles with this team that don't bode well moving forward:

- We now have a goalie that saves most of the shots he should, but almost none of the ones he shouldn't.
- Our team can't buy a goal late in a game, but can give them away like candy.
- We pass when we don't need to, dump the puck when we don't need to and take shots from ridiculously impossible angles.
- The players we REALLY need to step up the most to make this a good team are currently on the side of a milk carton (Anderson, Atkinson, Nyquist, Texier, Murray)

Pretty much this. I think Nyquist has been a bit better than you do, but basically this. But to add on further to that last point, we’re also making it so those guys HAVE to step up by not giving guys like Bemstrom and Robinson lots of minutes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was out and missed the first couple periods. It seems I made good choices tonight.

The third was all Jackets - by the "expected goals" they had almost as much chance of scoring in the third (1.11 xG) as the Flyers did all game put together (1.36 xG) and the "deserve-to-win-o'meter" has it at 70% Jackets. Taking that into account, and the fact that the Jackets have won 4 out of 6, and that this Flyers team is like 2nd in the league this month in points, I'm going to dissent from the common view here and I'll say that we should not murder everyone. That and I don't think our players are trash.

Reactions: Johnny Jacket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad