GDT: Game 23: Vegas Golden Knights @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 4:00PM | Matching last games effort

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
They can walk off the bus and get to the dressing room and officially match last game's effort.

I didn't expect the results to continue being so positive but these last two games were a mess. Switching the lines and making public points about needing some changes seems to imply the staff saw this coming. Then again I personally think line blending is a desperate move only done in game when things aren't working. Doing it to give the guys a jolt is really hard to make it work, guys know their linemates and roles and switches increase the chances of bad looking efforts.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They can walk off the bus and get to the dressing room and officially match last game's effort.

I didn't expect the results to continue being so positive but these last two games were a mess. Switching the lines and making public points about needing some changes seems to imply the staff saw this coming. Then again I personally think line blending is a desperate move only done in game when things aren't working. Doing it to give the guys a jolt is really hard to make it work, guys know their linemates and roles and switches increase the chances of bad looking efforts.

They should have seen it coming, I was sure there would be a rough patch. The four games prior to this 3-4-1 run we didn't look like world beaters.

W-Ottawa 5-4
W-Montreal 6-4
W-Toronto 4-3OT
W-Buffalo 7-4

In our last 12 games we've given up 4+ goals 8 times, 3+ goals 10 times. 42 goals against total for 3.5 GA/gm. We've scored 45 in that same span.

We are 7-4-1 in those games but that just isn't a sustainable winning formula if we want to stay near the top of the league.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Wild Bill! Starting to heat up the last few games, which we desperately need.

Carrier ends his scoring drought.

Come on boys, let's see some killer instinct just for once and put a team totally away early.

Reactions: RapidKnight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That shootout was bad.... maybe we should practice hitting the back of the net.... this isn't Aussie Rules, you don't get points for missing.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That shootout was bad.... maybe we should practice hitting the back of the net.... this isn't Aussie Rules, you don't get points for missing.

Eh, Roy should have scored, just got a little too excited at the open net, Eichel was less than half an inch away, Marchessault and Cotter score. It wasn't bad.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
2 points is 2 points while they're still figuring it out. Was better than the previous two games. Fully deserved that win. Keep this trajectory going.
I like the two points. I like that they broke a short losing streak. But they are still slumping, and the cause isn't particularly clear.

I do not like Cassidy camping on leads. At least PDB was smart enough to know that a team needs to keep the pressure on while things are going good, because things might not be going good later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad