Pre-Game Talk: Game #23: Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers - Tuesday, Nov. 17th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Tuesday, November 19th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Mike Santorelli - Ryan Kesler
Jannik Hansen - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
David Booth - Jeremy Welsh - Dale Weise

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

Florida Panthers
Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Fleischmann
Upshall - Barkov - Boyes
Kopecky - Goc - Winchester
Barch - Matthias - Hayes

Campbell - Gilbert
Kulikov - Weaver
Mottau - Gudbranson

Thomas

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/402511130620223489
New day, new combos: 22-33-14/20-25-17/9-15-36 and 29-13-7-21-32. But don't read into those! #Canucks

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/402530605424201728
"I believe Weise will be ready to play." - Torts

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Going to the game.

Excited to see Barkov and Huberdeau.

And for the Nucks to make Panthers goalie look all-world.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
‏@patersonjeff4m
Booth wearing same colour as Weise, Sestito and Dalpe at #Canucks practice. Sort of a 4th line hue to it

@patersonjeff2m
New day, new combos: 22-33-14/20-25-17/9-15-36 and 29-13-7-21-32. But don't read into those! #Canucks

‏@CamTucker_Metro57s
Looks like Burrows is back with the Sedin twins; Kesler with Higgins and Santorelli; Richardson with Hansen and Kassian.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
‏@patersonjeff4m
Booth wearing same colour as Weise, Sestito and Dalpe at #Canucks practice. Sort of a 4th line hue to it

@patersonjeff2m

‏@CamTucker_Metro57s
Looks like Burrows is back with the Sedin twins; Kesler with Higgins and Santorelli; Richardson with Hansen and Kassian.

new lines again after one game since they didn't click.....hope kassasin get a chance with sedins eventually if Burrow don't start producing

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully Burrows is able to get over the hump in this one. All it took for Higgins was one to get it going.

Booth down to the fourth line, as he should be. As long as he wears a Canuck uniform, I'll be rooting for him to succeed...but he's been brutal. Looks slower than I have ever seen him out there, and every play dies on his stick.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
What exactly are they seeing in Dalpe that I'm missing? We waived Weber to keep a roster spot for this guy?
You're seeing the 4th round pick MG surrendered for him. He gets waived and picked up, suddenly, it's a 4th for Jeremy Welsh. Gillis has a lot of pride. That would, again, make him look terrible.

Anyway. For those of you clamoring for Shawn Matthias, I would like to point out his position on the 4th line. For an extremely weak Panthers squad. And we expect him to solve our top-6 scoring woes?

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Hopefully Burrows is able to get over the hump in this one. All it took for Higgins was one to get it going.

Booth down to the fourth line, as he should be. As long as he wears a Canuck uniform, I'll be rooting for him to succeed...but he's been brutal. Looks slower than I have ever seen him out there, and every play dies on his stick.

Booth is likely very on a short leash and he soon be in the pressbox eventually and waive......He might do well against his former team though

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
weise coming back

I don't understand your point.

We could've easily waived Dalpe instead of Weber with Weise's return. I would even argue that Weber looked better on the 4th line than Dalpe and its not even his natural position.

It's also frustrating that they won't give Weber a shot on the PP, I thought that was the whole reason they acquired him? A RH D man with a booming shot. The way Torts handles the 4th line, there's no reason we can't be dressing 7 D men.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
if we lose to these guys i will be officially concerned

i do however, expect us to rattle off 7 wins in 10 games or something soon here, and everyone can go back to worrying about how we're going to score in the playoffs, not whether we'll make them

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Looking forward to watching this game to get a better gauge on some of the Florida talent. I wonder who we pick up next from these guys? Should call this one The Showcase Showdown.

Interesting to see Santorelli is centering Kesler. I like the look of our top 9. Here's hoping that the 4th doesn't get burned for a -1 in under a minute of ice time. I say just play the top 3 lines 20 minutes a night each. Nobody gets tired and everybody is happy. Well everybody that's in the top 9 anyway.

Pseudonymous*

new lines again after one game since they didn't click.....hope kassasin get a chance with sedins eventually if Burrow don't start producing

whoa whoa, that'd mean giving kassian more opporunity, like torts and the whole management have been saying theyll do... i dont see that happening

kassian is forever stuck on the third line and on the bench during the pp's

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I don't understand your point.

We could've easily waived Dalpe instead of Weber with Weise's return. I would even argue that Weber looked better on the 4th line than Dalpe and its not even his natural position.

It's also frustrating that they won't give Weber a shot on the PP, I thought that was the whole reason they acquired him? A RH D man with a booming shot. The way Torts handles the 4th line, there's no reason we can't be dressing 7 D men.

A few things:

- If it was a decision between Dalpe and Weber, I'm glad they moved Weber. Weber is of little use at ES. One could say the same about Dalpe, but they saw the potential in him to be useful eventually. They may not see that with Weber.

- Dalpe had a few moments of being dangerous from the 4th line, so I think they will take the slow approach with him.

- What is surprising is that Welsh was not sent down to make room. He is waiver ineligible. Yes, he has played reasonably well, but if they had to make room without loosing anyone, he was the easy choice.

- 14 F and 7 D, they were going to waive a Dman sooner or later.

- 14 F allows them to sit Dalpe and Sestito as the spares. When Schroeder gets back, odds are Welsh gets sent down, and that will be the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->