Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - Un ours danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 2 FIN - OLE, OLE, OLE

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
To be fair, the posters crying embellishment have been called out by their fellow posters. One particularly funny one was along the lines of ‘Yah, I saw the ref pick the blade up off the ice’. As tho Backes had one in his glove and sliced himself open. LOL

I was thinking old wrestling cutting analogy. Someone beat me to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Most impressive part of the win to me is the fact that they got the job done in Montreal on HNiC without their 1C and 3 of their top 4D.
and the most shocking as the B`s get a late PP in Montreal, that doesn`t happen often

Can`t hammer Backes and not come on here and say he had a good game when he did, actually, he had a great game, good to see 1st of the year for he and Moore

Felt a bit like some nastiness was back between the teams, good to see, not sure I can hate a team more than the Habs but I`m always open to more hate:laugh:

With the lineup the B`s are pushing out, pts of any kind are terrific

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
and the most shocking as the B`s get a late PP in Montreal, that doesn`t happen often

Can`t hammer Backes and not come on here and say he had a good game when he did, actually, he had a great game, good to see 1st of the year for he and Moore

Felt a bit like some nastiness was back between the teams, good to see, not sure I can hate a team more than the Habs but I`m always open to more hate:laugh:

With the lineup the B`s are pushing out, pts of any kind are terrific
I was hoping for 3/6 points against Pittsburgh, Montreal and Toronto so they have already exceeded my expectations. I am so proud of this group , they are battling hard and playing with a lot of heart . Now let’s give the Leafs everything we’ve got and let the chips fall where they may .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Funny the post game guys were crying about not having Shea Webber when the Bruins are missing most of our top players. Bergy, Chara, et al... P*ss**ys!

Reactions: bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was hoping for 3/6 points against Pittsburgh, Montreal and Toronto so they have already exceeded my expectations. I am so proud of this group , they are battling hard and playing with a lot of heart . Now let’s give the Leafs everything we’ve got and let the chips fall where they may .

hanging on much like last year when injuries were terrible as well. Hats off to the coaches and players for battling. Last night was entertaining but lately with the lineup they push out, the way they have to play with such a short handed lineup, the game has been less than exciting

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

yep, boys are grinding it out for sure, there are few things more gratifying in sports than a Bruins win on Saturday night, on HNIC in Montreal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Enjoyed it so much the first time I am watching it again albeit a hell of a lot less stressed. It is being replayed again right now on Sportsnet East if anybody wants to watch it again
tell me you aren`t going to sit through that ridiculous pre-game tribute they did last night to the Heritage Classic?

What a load of garbage, that bloody organization celebrates anything

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My Gawd. Listening to the humps from Montreal crying about "Andrew Shaw didn't draw a 4 minute penalty, why did Backes?"

"There's a double standard" silliness...

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Listening to last nights Montreal post game show: It is Amazing that they (the Habs radio guys and callers) never seem to mention that the Bruins are missing so many of the top guys.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Stayed up til just now to finish this on the dvr. Got a little nervous there, as it was going the way many midnight viewings go for me.

Very strong team win yet again. Kevan Miller was impressive as hell, and seemed like the stand out leader all night.

Backes was humming along for a change. Great to see.

I love seeing Debrusk score. He reminds me of Sturm at times after goals

Let’s be real though, Marchand was freaking awful, and he’s been awful since Bergeron went down. Dreadful. I’m tired of it.

I know it was great to see Backes get the goal and assist BUT I thought he played even better Friday night against Pittsburgh. He could of had a hattrick in that game if not for the stone hands. But maybe after getting the monkey off his back, he'll begin to show a little offence and move off the 4th line but for now I would keep everything same. Bruins have a 5 game pt streak, change nothing unless of course someone who was injured return..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
That was the first game I've watched between these two (in the short time I've been following the Bruins) where I could really feel a sense of rivalry between the two teams. I was jumping around my living room like a lunatic (on my own I may add) at 3am when Moore netted the winner. If any neighbours heard me I'm pretty sure the police would have been called as they might have thought I was being attacked!

To be eeking out these wins with the injuries they have is amazing. Rask was immense. DeBrusk is finding a groove. Roll on the Leafs.

I thought I was the only one watching the game at 3am.. I take it you're from Ireland?? We visited there in 2014, stayed in Dublin, or rather just outside at hotel by airport..Our very 1st time outside Canada besides USA... Absolutely loved the trip. May I ask what part of Ireland you're from IF you are lol... Might be Northern Ireland.. Happy you enjoy the Bruins..

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
tell me you aren`t going to sit through that ridiculous pre-game tribute they did last night to the Heritage Classic?

What a load of garbage, that bloody organization celebrates anything

They haven't had much to cheer about in the last quarter century, so let them celebrate the 100th anniversary of their first zamboni or whatever they come up with next.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Yeah the parade route is planned every year,there desperate to have some coloured pics of the cup.Lol

What i like best is when one of their media gets on the show and screams how no one is planning the parade route

And the day before on the same show they spend 15 mins trying to decide who should get the cup from bettman and who should get it next

For a team that has had 50 years since they needed a parade, youd think they could have had this all figured out by now

Luckily they probably have at least another 50 years before they actually will be having that parade so if they need more planning let them plan to their hearts content

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad