Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - Un ours danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 2 FIN - OLE, OLE, OLE

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
When everyone is healthy, Miller in in your Top 4?

Maybe on 3rd pairing but top 4 minutes moving him occasionally...He's such a beast out there and when you really want solid defense, like when we're hemmed in our own end for long stretches, he's the one I want out there..In a game where Bruins are winning by one goal, I want him on the ice 20 minutes in 3rd period..While thats impossible, he would give it a darn good effort..

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I like that streamable link but hoping to find a good clip With audio of that Miller hit on Drouin. I want to watch that on repeat all day.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Far be it from me to defend them but I fully get that though. Regardless of who plays the Habs, I will cheer for. It's an automatic for me, their enemy is my friend, their friends are my enemies. If someone said to me what do you hate most in life ? The answer would be the Habs .

My God, I'm talking to myself!!!! I said a million times in my life, " I hate Montreal more than I love Boston"!! And the whole island of Newfoundland know how much I love my Bruins. I never missed a handful of game since they came out with NHL Center Ice..I've missed weddings, funerals, births, sex, lol everything to watch the Bruins.. Thank God I can now DVR the games. Makes my wife alot happier. she can also watch what she wants when she wants..Great for the both of us..Many cheers myself....I mean many cheers my friend!!!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I thought I was the only one watching the game at 3am.. I take it you're from Ireland?? We visited there in 2014, stayed in Dublin, or rather just outside at hotel by airport..Our very 1st time outside Canada besides USA... Absolutely loved the trip. May I ask what part of Ireland you're from IF you are lol... Might be Northern Ireland.. Happy you enjoy the Bruins..

Hey nfld77, yep from Ireland, Cork to be precise, down the very south of the country. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Dublin, hope the weather was kind to you :)

Visited Boston last year and fell in love with the city and the Bruins after attending a game on a whim, been on here ever since trying to learn as much as I can about the Bruins and hockey in general. Been lots of late nights since, I love it!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I've missed weddings, funerals, births, sex, lol everything to watch the Bruins..

1*u3SNiCTkZfwnZQmYJhsSxg.gif

EDIT: What about the intermissions ???? ;)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Because you can still be a great announcer without constantly making a fool of yourself, for example Dave Goucher. A bruins player gets touched and he cries and moans for a penalty, yet chara could do the same exact thing and get called for a penalty and he will bash the refs.

He doesn’t even have a good grasp of the nhl rules. For instance last night whether or not it was a goal or non goal. He said “well that has to be a goal because there was no whistle and the puck went in the net” but there’s plenty of other factors at play and no whistle has no bearing or whether the refs had intent to blow the whistle.

Idk you basically love him or hate him. Personally I can’t stand him. He’s actually my least favorite announcer across all Boston sports in my 25+ years of being a fan.

With very rare exception, I completely agree with you.

If I truly believe the team is getting royally screwed by the referees on a given night, I may find some enjoyment in his belligerence.

Other than that, he just sounds like a guy I’d hate getting caught next to at a game. Certainly enjoys the game, but is a homer to the point of childish foolishness whenever anything remotely questionable occurs.

Reactions: UncleRico

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Wouldn't it be great if the Habs miss the playoffs by one point. A point they could have earned simply taking this game to OT. They can look back at the end of the season an realize they missed the PO because of a bone head play by their "Superstar". That would be pure gold.

Reactions: bbfan419

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Wouldn't it be great if the Habs miss the playoffs by one point. A point they could have earned simply taking this game to OT. They can look back at the end of the season an realize they missed the PO because of a bone head play by their "Superstar". That would be pure gold.

I prefer to go through them to win the cup. Kind of like the Sox just did with the yankees

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks for posting that, every Bruin fan should listen to this. I assure you it will only help you hate the Habs more.

I listened to some of the habs broadcast although I could not listen to the whole thing.

...and yes, it does make me dislike them even more .....to put it mildly.

I was also not surprised they have Kerry Fraser on their show on a weekly basis....he never did the Bruins any favors when he reffed years ago ......to put it mildly.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Hey nfld77, yep from Ireland, Cork to be precise, down the very south of the country. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Dublin, hope the weather was kind to you :)

Visited Boston last year and fell in love with the city and the Bruins after attending a game on a whim, been on here ever since trying to learn as much as I can about the Bruins and hockey in general. Been lots of late nights since, I love it!

Went to Ireland this spring and absolutely loved the southern part. Spectacular scenery and a fantastic drive. Some good pubs too....LOL

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I listened to some of the habs broadcast although I could not listen to the whole thing.

I was also not surprised they have Kerry Fraser on their show on a weekly basis....he never did the Bruins any favors when he reffed years ago ......to put it mildly.

Never did the Bruins any favors for sure but sure did plenty for the Habs. Couldn't stand the guy when he was reffing. Nothing personal though, I do enjoy his segment when he comes on the show now.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Just watched this game start to finish. The Bruins played like they gave a crap! Brought a teat to my eye...

(edit) tear, so sorry...

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

It’s funny. I always switch over to the other teams broadcast for intermissions. Every single game I manage to forget I’m on that feed until a couple minutes into start of next period. EXCEPT when it’s the Habs. The faster I can get away from them the better. As soon as I see the teams going back on the ice I switch back to NESN. It really is amazing the blinders they have on. You’d think they were government controlled employees of you didn’t know otherwise.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad