GDT: Game #23 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Avalanche @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Sports*

we never win convincingly. we have too much dead weight on this team. even if we make the playoffs we arent going anywhere with this lack of talent on offense or defense....

Edge of Sanity*

That was a bad win. The forwards need to step up, they haven't scored more than 2 goals since the Vancouver game (and they've only scored 1 goal in all of those but tonight). Even tonight only the first goal was legitimate, the second was lucky as hell.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to step up. Yes, I know Datsyuk plays with garbage linemates, but it doesn't matter, he needs to produce more.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Glad we got the W, but there is no reason why we couldn't have stepped on the throat in the 3rd there - especially when playing a team like Colorado.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Howie
2. Mule
3. Brunner

We got a lucky bounce on Kronner's goal. Defense has been awesome, 1 even strength goal against over the past 7 games and that includes the Avs' 6 on 5 goal tonight.

Edge of Sanity*

1. Howie
2. Mule
3. Brunner

We got a lucky bounce on Kronner's goal. Defense has been awesome, 1 even strength goal against over the past 7 games and that includes the Avs' 6 on 5 goal tonight.

This is definitely not correct

RedWingsNow*

After a game like this, you take solace in the fact that a win is a win.

Get us 4 more points in the next 3 games, and will have set ourselves up OK for a real tough road stretch.

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
Dan Cleary has officially given me an ulcer. Tripping over the center ice line was classic Cleary.

I wonder what "for ****s sake" in Russian is. I'm sure Pavel's wingers hear it a lot.

CloneHakanPlease*

Just got in after the game. Jimmy was amazing. Joe was louder than it seemed like on TV due to them micing the lower bowl.

My entire section groaned after Datsyuk fed the puck to Cleary on that break. Seems like the fairweather fans are starting to realize that line's absurdity too.

Seriously not worth my time. Goodnight, sweet Prince.

I know that phrase is pretty mainstream now, but are you a miscer also? Would explain a lot haha

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
HFboards- Gets a win, still complains.

Two points guys, we got two points. That counts for something, right?

Don't really know what there is to complain about, thought the team played pretty well tonight. Especially Howard :)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Datsyuk has been playing like garbage for the last few games. I don't give a **** who his linemates are.

Aug 6, 2012
Datsyuk has been playing like garbage for the last few games. I don't give a **** who his linemates are.

I'm not gonna put all the blame on his linemates but he's been playing much more passive on this line, ever since his beast mode performance against Nashville at least. He's sometimes hanging around the blue line in the Ozone almost like a 3rd defender and he just hasn't been aggressive at all offensively. But hes been fine defensively, well more like great, other than his one mishap tonight.

I actually think Babcock might have told him to take a more defensive role because of all the injuries.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm not gonna put all the blame on his linemates but he's been playing much more passive on this line, ever since his beast mode performance against Nashville at least. He's sometimes hanging around the blue line in the Ozone almost like a 3rd defender and he just hasn't been aggressive at all offensively. But hes been fine defensively, well more like great, other than his one mishap tonight.

I actually think Babcock might have told him to take a more defensive role because of all the injuries.

When he has the puck, he's making poor decisions with, making bad passes, trying too hard, bobbling the puck away. Then there's Cleary, double or triple teamed on the boards getting his kidneys worked on and Datsyuk just stands 10 feet away, waiting for the puck to miraculously appear on his stick.

I think someone needs to hit him again. Get him pissed off.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Yeesh, it's hard to please some people. It was a fine win, Giguere isn't given the credit he deserves for stopping some real good chances. There were a few gripes (Daniel Cleary) but other than that I thought it was a good game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No. The difference here is some people take a win and think that's it. Over. Nothing more to see.

Others, and you can bet your ass the entire Red Wings team is doing it, is going over what they could do better. For example, their PP, still a problem. That late goal, gotta tighten up. Almost let a two goal lead slip by again. Turnovers. Face offs.

That's why the Wings have been winners for two decades. Because they're always looking to improve. They don't get a win and think that means they played a perfect game. Winners vs loser mentality. You pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad