GDT: Game 23: Seattle Kraken(8-13-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (11-9-3) - 4:30 p.m. PT / 7:30 p.m. ET

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Grateful with the point with all of the starters out. Need to get rid of the shootout rule. Play 10 minutes of OT and if it’s still tied each team gets a point.

That's what it used to be years ago but the NHL didn't changed it. Shoot outs is as much as a thing in Hockey as as it is in soccer during mls playoffs and tournaments.

It can be fun but its lame cause its only 3 rounds it needs to be how IIHF does it aka 5 rounds.

KrakAttack

Mar 27, 2014
SeaTac, WA
Was waiting for this one as a lifelong Red Wings fan (have lived in the Seattle area for over half a decade now before people start questioning!). Was hoping for OT and the teams agreed, but it was one of the least exciting ones I can remember. With the players Seattle has, I don't expect a lot of success in 3-on-3 hockey or shootouts, but at least make it entertaining.

Thought it was a good game by both teams though, liked what I saw, especially with Seattle missing the players they were. Honestly, the loss to the Coyotes and Vegas was a low point and since then, the team has really showed some grit. I love they are playing good teams hard and managing to win a good amount! Hope it continues on Friday against a tough challenge against Edmonton.

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Was really hoping that the Kraken would take advantage of Detroit playing the night before...but I guess the fact that so many guys were out this game somewhat cancelled out that issue.

Watching Edmonton last night on TNT...they look really good. Friday will be a very tough game.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, given all the guys we were missing it's good to get something out of this.
Finishing this road swing 2-1-1 and with five points is pretty solid considering the competition and injuries.

Now we're playing the Oilers who have two guys that individually probably have more points than our top six combined....

Grateful with the point with all of the starters out. Need to get rid of the shootout rule. Play 10 minutes of OT and if it’s still tied each team gets a point.

You would need the approval of the players association for that and that's just not going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad