GDT: Game 23: Preds vs Rangers | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | We're going STREAKING!!!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I offer a handshake

stick-handshake.gif

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Rangers deserved to win this one. We looked like we were still on the road tired. Just didn't have much jump. Mazanec was our best player tonight. Just couldn't get anything going offensively.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Once we lost Hornqvist, we lacked any net presence. No screens = little chance of scoring once the set in the zone. No quality chances on the rush. Just a rough night all around after the first.

Defecation occurs ... onto the next game.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Once we lost Hornqvist, we lacked any net presence. No screens = little chance of scoring once the set in the zone. No quality chances on the rush. Just a rough night all around after the first.

Defecation occurs ... onto the next game.

I agree that losing Hornqvist hurt. Had to juggle the lines and they just seemed out of sync. Hoping he just got bruised and not anything more serious when he got hit by the puck. Hopefully Forsberg can be back next week if Horns is out. We got 4 games next week including a away/home back to back. I call this an off game and move on.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Yep the Preds we know and love are back.:help::shakehead

Sloppy passing, pinned in our own end a lot, not taking the shot when it's given, too many turnovers in our end and neutral zone to count. Just looked like a bunch kids chasing after the puck.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Tonight was pretty blah. I think the 'fan of the game' had more fun than anyone.

Random pics: Game worn jersey for 101st to educate us on. Jones during pregame warmups. Puck drop. Vince performing. Replacing broken glass. Fan of the game. He danced a lot during intermissions when Vince was playing. Received pizza for his efforts.

The PH Factor

Mar 18, 2013
Washington, DC
The NHL was a six team league for 25 years of its history yet we refer to those years as the "Original 6"... a myopic, historically inaccurate viewpoint. It's not like we'll play "original" NHL teams like the Maroons, Americans, or Pirates.

Late to the boards cause I had other obligations tonight. Only important thing is it sounds like the L wasn't on Mazanec which its good to hear he's holding well.

To the quote, this is one of the things about hockey that really ticks me off and agree with you 100%. I'm so tired of people (mostly fans of the "O6" teams) feeling some idiotic sense of entitlement because they have that label. Its meaningless in terms of modern hockey.

But yeah, hope nothing serious with mah boy Hornqvist

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Just got home, yeah, lot of negatives....

A few positives, Klein was the MAN in that fight and Vince rocked the house during the intermissions!

Other than that, wasted effort of a game. Fans in lower bowl 109, where I was tonight, absolutely do not cheer for anything. (Not that there was much to cheer for) Glad to be going back up to my normal seats in 323 for the next three games.

Hopefully the better of our Bi-polar Preds will show up next time!

Just got home, yeah, lot of negatives....

A few positives, Klein was the MAN in that fight and Vince rocked the house during the intermissions!

Other than that, wasted effort of a game. Fans in lower bowl 109, where I was tonight, absolutely do not cheer for anything. (Not that there was much to cheer for) Glad to be going back up to my normal seats in 323 for the next three games.

Hopefully the better of our Bi-polar Preds will show up next time!

Kleiner was the man. We dropped Boyle on his ass and then Kleiner dropped whatever garbage they sent to clean up after him.

I was in 116. It's just n00bs and custies from brentwood in there. They don't cheer and they have no idea what is going on. It's embarrassing.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Klein fought our old friend Dorsett formerly of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Not much to cheer about.

Kinda surprised at the number of Rangers fans in the house. Mostly transplants if I had to guess.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Rangers played a great defensive game last night. We have a hard time playing against teams that play similar to us. Game could have been a lot worse had it not been for Mazanec. We are bi polar when it comes to scoring. We either score a lot or nothing.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Tonight was pretty blah. I think the 'fan of the game' had more fun than anyone.

Random pics: Game worn jersey for 101st to educate us on. Jones during pregame warmups. Puck drop. Vince performing. Replacing broken glass. Fan of the game. He danced a lot during intermissions when Vince was playing. Received pizza for his efforts.

If they were asking more than $900-1000 for the Josi, they were over priced even for the often ridiculously priced game worn jersey market. (about $5k for a Forsberg, $1750 for a Craig Smith, Radulov Young Stars jersey still hovering around $1k .... none of those hanging in my closet)

The Preds wear two sets of jerseys during the regular season. Set 1 is tagged and sold through Meigray. Set 2 is sold by the team with the set tag shown here. Meigray runs two major sales a year, one at the holidays and one over the summer. I haven't seen much in the way of discounts from the proshop but I haven't been to the Bridge in a while.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Rangers played a great defensive game last night. We have a hard time playing against teams that play similar to us. Game could have been a lot worse had it not been for Mazanec. We are bi polar when it comes to scoring. We either score a lot or nothing.

A lot of that bipolar aspect comes from the net presence. Many of our goals are ugly ... even the Cullen dive to push it behind the goalie and his whiff followed by a changeup .. Legwand's attempted pass deflected in ... Nystrom's off the body ... all three of Gaustad's goals, etc. When we're not getting guys down low in position to screen, deflect, or corral rebounds ... we're screwed. With all of our speed, we see too little of an effective transition game from this current group.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
If they were asking more than $900-1000 for the Josi, they were over priced even for the often ridiculously priced game worn jersey market. (about $5k for a Forsberg, $1750 for a Craig Smith, Radulov Young Stars jersey still hovering around $1k .... none of those hanging in my closet)

The Preds wear two sets of jerseys during the regular season. Set 1 is tagged and sold through Meigray. Set 2 is sold by the team with the set tag shown here. Meigray runs two major sales a year, one at the holidays and one over the summer. I haven't seen much in the way of discounts from the proshop but I haven't been to the Bridge in a while.

Thanks for the info. Going to the game tomorrow night and will check on what they're asking. Some of the jerseys on Meigray are insane with the pricing right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad