Post-Game Talk: Game #23: Panthers 3, Canucks 2 in SO - We scored more than 1 goal! Babysteps...

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I have not been actually ANGRY about a Canucks loss in a long time. Sad about Game 7? Sure. But just thinking about yesterday's game makes me pissed off. Not really sure why. ARGH :banghead:

I was pretty much annoyed for the most part. It was just horrible to watch. Start to finish. I tend to actually get angry when we lose or get embarassed by the better teams in the league. Or the loss against SJ, where we were clearly the better team for the entire game, but end up losing. I mean, if we had won yesterday (convincing fashion or not), most of the replies in here would be "Yay, we beat the third worst team in the league!" or some other sarcastic ********.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Was at the game.

Edler was brutal, and Kassian was completely floating.

One thing I don't understand:

Why does a team COLLECTIVELY come out flat like this? I mean... Kesler was the ONLY player on the entire team that put in any effort, the whole game.

This team is like a bunch of women - the core players are so accustomed to one-another, it's like they're on the same cycle or something.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Was at the game.

Edler was brutal, and Kassian was completely floating.

One thing I don't understand:

Why does a team COLLECTIVELY come out flat like this? I mean... Kesler was the ONLY player on the entire team that put in any effort, the whole game.

This team is like a bunch of women - the core players are so accustomed to one-another, it's like they're on the same cycle or something.

Excuse me?

And I laugh at that Kesler analysis. Does trying to do everything yourself (on one or two shifts) constitute as "putting in effort?" or just being a selfish idiot?

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Excuse me?

And I laugh at that Kesler analysis. Does trying to do everything yourself (on one or two shifts) constitute as "putting in effort?" or just being a selfish idiot?

You obviously didn't get what I was saying. When women get on the same cycle from staying around each other? This team seems to have a cycle concerning its performance where they collectively play well, or not so much? Jeez. Lighten up.

Yeah, Kesler only tried the "do it all yourself" approach on a couple shifts that game. Every other shift, he was playing hard on all sides of the ice. Kesler tried to do it all himself after the rest of the team was getting nothing done.

It's nothing out of the ordinary.

I laugh at your Kesler analysis. You only say that because saying that crap about Kesler is trending. Damn straight he put in an effort. The only reason they were individual efforts was because he was the only individual putting in an effort.

Who the hell are you to say his effort was of the wrong nature, and therefore doesn't "constitute" as an effort?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
You obviously didn't get what I was saying. When women get on the same cycle from staying around each other? This team seems to have a cycle concerning its performance where they collectively play well, or not so much? Jeez. Lighten up.

Yeah, Kesler only tried the "do it all yourself" approach on a couple shifts that game. Every other shift, he was playing hard on all sides of the ice. Kesler tried to do it all himself after the rest of the team was getting nothing done.

It's nothing out of the ordinary.

I laugh at your Kesler analysis. You only say that because saying that crap about Kesler is trending. Damn straight he put in an effort. The only reason they were individual efforts was because he was the only individual putting in an effort.

Who the hell are you to say his effort was of the wrong nature, and therefore doesn't "constitute" as an effort?

:laugh:
Kesler was just as terrible as everyone else in that game, aside from Bieksa, Luongo, and maybe Hamhuis. I didn't see him create a single scoring chance. Hell, I didn't even know he was playing until mid-way through the second period. I don't know which game you were at, honestly. The entire offensive corps was a disconbobulated, sporadic mess.

And I'm not saying this because Kesler "hate" is trending. I'm not a narrow minded sheep.

Tanevian*

This just in, the Anaheim Super Ducks are losing again. You know, the team that "some" of you think is the team to beat.

Tanevian*

Their record is still a lot better than ours. The teams to beat are still the same, IMO: CHI/LA.

Big ********* deal. They had a hot start. So did Colorado. So did SJ. Super teams I tell you. The Kings are without Quick for another month. Of course maybe Scrivens is the real deal and is better than Quick. We will find out.

As is always the case, there will be panickers here. They were quiet 2 weeks ago. They'll be quiet again. Then loud. But wait, all of our players have forgotten how to score. Slumps are unheard of. The team has collectively started a decline simultaneously. It's true.

Anyone need a pick me up from their sucky, complaint ridden lives? I will find a night soon where I will buy a few rounds. The bigger the go* dam*** whiner the more drinks you get.

Go outside.

Not really directed at you abm.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
As is always the case, there will be panickers here. They were quiet 2 weeks ago. They'll be quiet again. Then loud. But wait, all of our players have forgotten how to score. Slumps are unheard of. The team has collectively started a decline simultaneously. It's true.

And this, my friends, is the only real 'cycle' worth taking note of. :laugh:

Nov 1, 2011
Booth needs PP time ;)

#FREEBOOTH

For all the **** Booth takes, I remember hearing Gillman say that the Canucks thought they were getting a 20 goal scorer in Booth and he hasn't done that...Booth's stats as a Canucks:

81GP, 18G, 17A, 35PTS...he really hasn't been too far off from being a 20 goal scorer as a Canuck...granted he hasn't done much lately due to injuries.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
For all the **** Booth takes, I remember hearing Gillman say that the Canucks thought they were getting a 20 goal scorer in Booth and he hasn't done that...Booth's stats as a Canucks:

81GP, 18G, 17A, 35PTS...he really hasn't been too far off from being a 20 goal scorer as a Canuck...granted he hasn't done much lately due to injuries.

Like Samuelson, Booth's mistake is showing too much promise and getting hopes up. He played great for a few weeks and everyone thought we had this 30 goal, 60 point guy who found his niche. Then went cold, got injured, and never came back.

Samuelson came here, had a career year, and then got crapped on for "declining" back into his usual self. He took a ton of crap even before the injuries.

Seems like every player on the team gets flak for their success. Almost all of them play above their heads for awhile, and then get cut to pieces if they don't improve on it every year

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Like Samuelson, Booth's mistake is showing too much promise and getting hopes up. He played great for a few weeks and everyone thought we had this 30 goal, 60 point guy who found his niche. Then went cold, got injured, and never came back.

Samuelson came here, had a career year, and then got crapped on for "declining" back into his usual self. He took a ton of crap even before the injuries.

Seems like every player on the team gets flak for their success. Almost all of them play above their heads for awhile, and then get cut to pieces if they don't improve on it every year

He didn't become cold and then get injured. He was injured in the middle of his streak. Also, who knows if that was a streak or not. He was playing like the 30 goal scorer Booth there for a few weeks and formed a great second line of Booth Keslser and Higgins.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011

"How dare you question my casual misogyny"

:rolleyes:

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
He didn't become cold and then get injured. He was injured in the middle of his streak. Also, who knows if that was a streak or not. He was playing like the 30 goal scorer Booth there for a few weeks and formed a great second line of Booth Keslser and Higgins.

Doesn't really matter if he got cold first, or got inured first. The point still stands. He showed a flash of brilliance and it then ended. And that's the standard of brilliance that many compare him to. Overall, he's scored at almost a 20 goal rate for us, which was initially the expectation. The problem is that he scored at a 35 goal rate for a brief time, got everyone's hopes up, and then plummeted to a 10 goal pace after cooling off and getting injured.

Anything less than a career year for every player is considered disappointing and a decline. The casual fan (majority) seems to want every player traded or bought out as soon as he stops maintaining a career high pace for 10 games.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Doesn't really matter if he got cold first, or got inured first. The point still stands. He showed a flash of brilliance and it then ended. And that's the standard of brilliance that many compare him to. Overall, he's scored at almost a 20 goal rate for us, which was initially the expectation. The problem is that he scored at a 35 goal rate for a brief time, got everyone's hopes up, and then plummeted to a 10 goal pace after cooling off and getting injured.

Anything less than a career year for every player is considered disappointing and a decline. The casual fan (majority) seems to want every player traded or bought out as soon as he stops maintaining a career high pace for 10 games.

That kind of trajectory is common for most 20 goal scorers.. if they were consistent they would be 30 or 40 goal scorers.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
That kind of trajectory is common for most 20 goal scorers.. if they were consistent they would be 30 or 40 goal scorers.

I understand that, but the casual fan doesn't seem to. It seems like they look at a player's career high, and expect them to deliver it every game. Anything less is failure and trade/waiver bait

Wetcoaster

Tortorella - After video review the Florida game was not as bad as I first thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad